oil leak

1. M

Turbo Impeller Disintegrated

I'm new to the forum and in need of advice! Fair warning, I'm a carpenter by trade and only turn wrenched when I have to so feel free to dumb down your answers! ;) First of all does anyone here know why this is happening to Sprinter turbos? Mine came apart going down the highway. I had no idea...
  2. B

Problem with oil leak? (see photo)

Wondering what the community to think about the signs of an oil leak and what to look for further to determine.
  3. G

Intro & oil leak?

Hi, Been lurking info from the forum for a while, but first time posting. My name is Daniel, I'm from Portugal, and last year I bought an 04 to eventually turn into a camper, which as been a super slow process. I know nothing about cars so, at the time, before purchase I had a mechanic check...
  4. H

Mysterious oil leak behind (and above) oil filter housing on the block.

2004 Dodge 3500 2.7 dsl long/tall cargo van. 110K miles-original. Have owned since 2008/20k miles. This smelled/smells a bit like black death (but much less intense), which I have encountered/repaired in the past. It might still smell more than it does, but I taped up (yes, temporarily) the...
  5. KayakAnt

Help With Oil Leak ID

I’m taking the van in next week to my local mechanic for an oil leak. During a recent road trip a leak developed on the passenger side lower engine area. It looked scary because of how it sort of sprayed everywhere. I had small drips coming from all over the lower passenger side because of that...
  6. K

T1N small oil leak

I've got a T1n with 230k miles. Yesterday after parking it I noticed a couple of oil spots on the driveway. Climbed underneath and it appeared to be coming from directly above the alternator. I cleaned all the oil residue I could find and nothing reappeared for a couple days. Thought it might be...
  7. C

Exhaust Manifold Leaking Oil?

Like the title says, my exhaust manifold seems to be leaking oil. The head is brand new (about a year old and maybe a thousand miles) and was installed by a reputable sprinter shop so I am assuming that they installed new studs, nuts, gasket, and checked the exhaust manifold for flatness prior...
  8. H

High Oil Consumption - Worn Out Turbo Seals?

Hi All, been following posts on this forum for a while which has helped me out for many DIY tasks on my 2008 Sprinter 2500. First time I'm posting though. I've been dealing with higher oil consumption in my van for a while now (a year and half but only about 8000 miles). As my build is coming to...
  9. R

Replacing Cam Plug Due to Oil Leak

I need to replace a front engine cam plug on my 2008 Dodge Sprinter 2500 (3.0 L V6 Turbo Diesel) because it is leaking oil. Can anyone tell me how the removal and installation of the plug is performed? I have a repair manual but it is oddly vague on this topic. The part number is A 000 997 6320...
  10. Earp

Help with finding the source of Oil Leak

Quick backstory: Recently put this engine in as a donor with 92k on it. Before putting in we -cleaned manifolds -replaced oil cooler and seals -all other gaskets -oil filter housing gasket -rear main seal First leak was from forgetting to tighten the two hold down bolts on turbo (first...
  11. R

Help with oil sump removal

I noticed a small crack in the oil sump of my 2008 Dodge Sprinter 2500 (3.0 L v6 Diesel Turbocharged). Oil was leaking through it, so I am trying to remove the lower portion of the sump in order to have the crack tack welded. I drained the oil and removed 14 bolts joining the upper/lower...
  12. Earp

Oil leak (oil cooler and seals replaced)

Oil seems to keep appearing here while engine is running. Takes a quart of oil to bring back to normal level after a couple hours of driving. Once parked it leaves a nice little puddle of oil (mostly dripping off crossmember). Removed the turbo in a Walmart parking lot believing it could have...
  13. E

Leaking oil near transmission oil pan

Hello! I’m having a pretty bad leak near the transmission pan, it seems to have leaked about 200ml if fluid. The colour of the oil is light brown/clear. Any ideas as to where this oil is coming from?(see pictures) And a possible DIY fix, thank you in advance. It looks like it’s coming from the...
  14. M

Oil leak

Hi, I have a 2008 Dodge Sprinter. After a highway run I noticed some splatters of oil on the ground accumulated over a few days. Looking under the hood, I think I may have found the source (see attachment). Any idea what this part is for? Can I try to tighten the bolts, or do these indicate...
  15. S

Oil cooler troubles after 2 replacements

Hey all, I bought a 2007 Sprinter with 200k on the dash a couple of months ago, and noticed there was a significant oil leak. Enough that I'd have to top off about a quart of oil every 200 miles of driving. Parking on the driveway left a fresh puddle on the ground every morning. Took to the...
  16. M

Lots of oil coming from breather tube back of head

I just bought a 2005 for second van while I figure out whats ticking in my engine on the 2003 at 270k miles. The 2005 today just started leaking oil out of breather tube coming from back of the head pic included. Breather tube is 3' long and coming down drivers side. Any help would be nice. 223k...
  17. J

Head gasket?

So I've been dealing with an massive oil consumption issue on my 2011 GL350 bluetec. Engine is consuming 1 quart per 500 miles. Engine has 127,000 miles and has had it's maintenance always performed on schedule. Oil used meets the 229.51 spec, all the other parts were either OE or OEM. I do...
  18. 3

Cracked oil pan, three options. What should I do?

Was an idiot and set torque wrong and cracked my oil pan on my dodge sprinter while tightening the oil plug. The pan is cracked at the threads, perpendicular to the threads going into the oil pan. Option 1: drop off at auto repair shop and tell them to have fun. New oil pan, professionally...
  19. Andy at Focallocal

Black oil splashing from engine cover screw hole, next to injectors

I have oil that slowly builds up in this hole. With the screw in its barely noticeable. Always a little damp in there (5yrs now). I replaced my injectors and while starting it up with the cover off I noticed oil slowly building up in the screw hole while idling. If I rev the engine it splashes...
  20. G

OIL LEAK :: INSIGHT

Hi, Looking for help with a oil leak that has appeared after service with local dealer. My 2003 Sprinter was dropped for 200k service at the dealer and they confirmed that the intake manifold recall had not been performed...which I went ahead with. Upon receipt I put 1000 miles on the...

Top Bottom