rust removal

1. Greta_Van_Gogh

Rear Pillar Rust Repair and Seam Sealing

Hi Everyone, I did some quick and dirty rust repair on my rear pillar seams when I got my 07' about three years ago. I wire-wheeled the seam out the best I could, painted over it with Rustoleum, and sealed it with silicone. Big surprise, it started rusting again (see photos). I searched the...
  2. R

Best solution for rust hole in floor?

I was doing treatment of the rust recently discovered when taking up the factory installed floor of my NCV3 and when grinding down one section a huge amount of it came out entirely with no problem at all (was a small hole before surrounded by rust). The hole is a good couple inches - wondering...
  3. A

Rust issues

Hi All, my husband and I are new owners of a 2005 Dodge/Mercedes Sprinter that friends of ours built out when it was new. They had to let go of it for health reasons... It has spent it's entire life at the beach and has rust issues. Mainly around the windshield and the roof seams. It's a peach...
  4. K

Roof Rust Help

Hey looking at buying this van but there is only one problem. The roof seams are really rusted. How hard would this be to save?
  5. K

RUST RUST RUST

Hey looking at buy this 2005 sprinter but the rust is really scaring me away. What are your guys thoughts? Never fixed rust before but would defilty be open to the idea if this wouldnt be to hard.
  6. leviallen

Roof Rust Nightmare. Repairing seams once and for all

Here is an image of what I plan to do: https://imgur.com/9aKJzWP Would love to have some input before I bond this thing together. I've had this van for 3 years, and since day one I've had roof leaking issues at all the seams where body panels meet on the roof. There's been various temporary...
  7. N

Rust problem on floor between seat area and body

Hey everyone, I've got a 2004 140" big boy and as you can see in the pictures I attached, there's this separation between the front seating area and the main body area where the metal flooring overlaps that got really rusty under the previous owner. The rust is real bad here and actually...
  8. J

Remove residual paint before POR-15 in rusty floor

Aaand here is a post about everyone's fav topic - rust :frown:. I found a bunch in my 2005 Dodge Sprinter, hiding under the floor panels. I am planning on treating the whole floor with POR-15 and fiberglass cloth for a few wholes I found/created by tapping with the hammer. I did 1/5th of the...
  9. T

Touch up paint

Anyone have any recommendations on sourcing touch up paint? I am trying to repair a few dents / rust spots. No local stores seem to carry anything in the Arctic White P01 color code. I am also having trouble finding online vendors with decent reviews (or any at all).
  10. I

Rusted Hole Between Front Seats. How bad is this?

Recently bought a 158 2006 dodge, old fedex van. Theres a sizable hole inbetween cross members between the seats. About .5x1.5ft. It was patched and sealed with a now rusty piece of sheet metal. Over that were a few of metal fedex signs screwed into the floor. All this was under the...
  11. J

Minor sprinter cracks

I've seen the horror stories of crazy rust... this is not like that. However, I bought my 2008 170" high top 2008 Freightliner Sprinter used, and whoever took the graphics off of it did so with a nice flathead and cut into the outer coating of the white, leaving lots of opportunities for tiny...
  12. J

Removing Rusted Calipers

Hey All! I am trying to change the rotors and pads and they are seriously rusted! I have got the calipers off but I am struggling with (I am not sure the name) the bit that is a frame around the pads. There are two bolts, 19 mm that are on the inside of the part facing the vehicle. I have...
  13. S

Worst rust I've seen on a Sprinter... and I own it :(

2006 Dodge Sprinter 2500 140" High Ceiling Just bought this partially converted van used from a dealership. Decided to gut it since I saw lots of rust on the step well. Here is what I found after removing the wood floor: an entire cargo area that is rusted. A couple parts of the cargo area are...
  14. K

Rear windows rust

Hi all, I've been searching the forums for solutions / wisdom for how to approach a sprinter with rear window rust damage. Haven't found anything. Anyone have advice for how to approach? Cost or feasibility of doing it myself with no experience? The sprinter is in great shape otherwise, so...
  15. Array

T1N Rust Problem

Hey all My 2004 T1N is developing a bit of rust just above the wind shield and at the back, and I'm having trouble finding the correct paint, I found the "Sprinter paint code.pdf" but it does not show the colour of the paints just the names, however the paint is definitely a metallic and it is...

Top Bottom