injectors

1. wrabbit

t1n crank no start bad diesel just replaced 5 injectors ran hundreds miles now dead again need help. thanks

Need help / input! Currently have crank no start on 2005 T1n Sprinter 185k miles which I just replaced 5 injectors due to me being an idiot and putting in bad diesel.... which ran for several days and several hundred miles after draining diesel tank, cleaning all fuel lines, fuel rail and...
  2. HuckFinnAdventures

Possible DEF contamination in fuel system

Hello all. After purchasing our used '18 Sprinter last year we've had no issues other than fuel delivery related ones. So far we've replaced the lift pump and 4/6 injectors. The last time I went in to have white smoke diagnosed, the shop replaced two injectors which solved the problem for ~4000...
  3. RamenReed

Are OM642 Injectors Interchangeable?

Hello All, I had black death on all injectors. What a blast it was getting them out. Not too bad actually if you plan ahead. Pictures of the injectors below. I am trying to buy new injectors for my Sprinter. MB came back with this part number. (642-070-12-87-87) When searching around for...
  4. mbradleycu

Rough Idle - Driving With Bad Injectors?

Currently in the middle of a long road trip in Mexico could use some advice. Have about 800 miles behind me and another 1,200 to go. 2004 2500 with just under 200k on the odometer. Problem: Having a terribly rough idle that goes away under acceleration. As I hit ~1,300 rpm (either in neutral or...
  5. G

Over fueling to stall

Hi all, Having what I think is an over-fueling issue(black smoke) that starts after idling ok for 30 seconds. Getting pretty desperate after trying to diagnose this issue for 2 months Equipment: 2005 OM647 Engine rebuilt by me, 0 miles new injectors (after rebuild) new rail...
  6. brianzero

Stuck Injectors - Worst Case Scenario

This is far worse than anything I have read on the forums, and something that I had no idea about. Thus, I wanted to add this to everyones radar. What did I notice that could have clued me into what I was going to uncover, and would this have made me change my mind about buying this van? Here...
  7. E

Austrian looking for specialized CDI workshop in Canada

Hey there :) I’ve been reading a lot in your very helpful forum, thank you so far for your help! My name is Ernest and I‘m from Austria :) I converted a 2005 W903 316 CDI 4x4 to a camper and got it shipped to Halifax. Right now I‘m on Manitoulin Island and on my way to the westcoast. I am very...
  8. Judy the Sprinter

Need Help with noise from engine after injector replacement

Hello, I am brand new to the forums. Please forgive me if I'm posting this issue in the wrong section of the forum. I have a 2004 Dodge Sprinter 3500 (named Big Booty Judy). I use the van for my renovation business. It has the OM647 engine with 179,9XX Miles on it. I had black death in...
  9. T

04 Sprinter breaks down after emptying tank and changing fuel filter

Hello, I made a terrible mistake and put 5 gallons of gas in my 2004 Sprinter 2500, which already had about 6 gallons of diesel in it. I didnt realize it initially and drove about 100 miles when it broke down after all that was left was gas (no diesel left). I filled it up with diesel and it...
  10. P

Air blow off near injector 1 connection

On my t1n, have an audible and feelable air blowoff (churf churf churf churf....) �� call click and clack! with some slight vapor right in the vicinity of the #1 injector connection at the rail. This is a cold start, increases with engine speed. Still it’s very difficult to...
  11. E

DRBIII Alternative? injector coding

2006 OM647. Just replaced injector #1 ... black death, broken hold down bolt, yada yada yada... Only half the copper seal was left. Had a crack in the injector so I replaced with new one. Now it runs with a nice knock. Are there any other tools out there that can reprogram the ECM that will...
  12. J

Air leak injector learn.

Hi all, First time posting so bare with me. I had an injector go Just before Christmas. I’ve had all 4 replaced and my question is do the injectors need to be learnt on a star machine or do they just need to be coded? Basically ever since the new injectors have been installed the...
  13. S

T1N: 1994-2006 Used engine parts

04 5cyl. Had 260000 miles when rear main bearing failed. All engine parts for sale. No damage seen inside engine besides block and crank. I have no use for engine or fuel system parts as i am swapping in a m113 gas v8. Shipping possible if you want to pay/arrange. Located in Rocklin, CA.
  14. G

Worried new owner black death...

Our 311 Cdi started black smoking last month, we dont do many miles in it, yesterday I plucked up courage to remove the top of the inlet manifold to have a look and the back injector looks like this when I run engine i can see it puffing out. is this something a mildly competent bloke like me...
  15. Z

Diagnosing Early Black Death

I'm looking for some help in diagnosing the early stages of black death. If the injector seal begins leaking, where does the leak occur? Also, what does the black sludge consist of? Just a mixture of fuel and soot? I think the injector wells on my sprinter are pretty clean, but the #3 and #4...
  16. X

Injector replacement questions

I’m installing 5 rebuilt injectors and need to know if i should use anti seize on the injectors and if so what type, and are new hold down bolts necessary, I’ve seen them referred to as “one use stretch bolts”, I’m curious if not replacing the bolts contributes to leaking injectors and black...
  17. M

The revenge of black death

Hi All This is my first post, so thank-you in advance to anyone who takes the time to offer me some advice. 2 years ago I spent £1800 having a single injector seal replaced in my '04 213CDi. I had a new set of 4 injectors installed as 2 were mangled on removal. Yesterday I had some work...
  18. CJPJ

Fuel injectors_Injection Pump_Garrett Turbo_Sensors ...

http://oregonfuelinjection.com/index.php?pid=54#SPRINTER,_DIESEL_FUEL_INJECTORS Just ran across this company; Any personal observation or contact? :2cents:
  19. S

Injector hell (or what a great mechanic!!!)

So where to start. 2006 140"tall 300K (repo sale, but all oem parts and filter inside) some black death nuggets on #3 (ping pong ball sized) and then a #5 glow plug engine check light. So I call the guy in Santa Rosa Mobile Ben, (about 2hours). And I come by the shop... His hell begins...
  20. S

'03 T1N with rough idle

My '03 Sprinter has developed an uneven idle. It slightly shakes the van back and forth when stopped at a light, and you can feel it jerk slightly when idling around. It seems to disappear with revving and on a hot day it will eventually go away all together. On a cool day, I hear it every time...

Top Bottom