egr valve

1. U

Limp mode EGR and dealer hell

Hi, I have a 2014 sprinter 90,000 miles, 6 cyl turbo 3L. the issue started on December 31, 2023. I went to drive out of my driveway and could not rev past 2000 rpms. No power. Van idled great, engine sounded great but pedal to floor and no power. Codes shown were p0402 (EGR FLOW HIGH). January...
  2. E

New EGR valve bad after 15k miles? EGR Cooler issue?

My 2016 Sprinter RV was suddenly jerking when accelerating or driving uphill. That was almost 2 years ago. I managed to get an appointment at an MB dealer and they found the EGR valve to be sticky and needing replacement. 9 months later and after several EGR valve cleanings which each lasted...
  3. T

Major turbo/transmission fail - cold weather debacle

Howdy Sprinter team. I have quite a mess on my hands. Will be a bit much to unpack and will try to be concise. Curious if anyone else has had issues within this realm and what the resolution might have been for you... 2019 144 4x4 Last year around 37000 miles I experienced a transmission...
  4. S

2010 OMY642 engine. Was "Hiccuping" then suddenly stopped..

Hi all, I have a 2010 2500 Sprinter, ~117,700 miles on it. Regular service. Transmission service at 70K and 110K - all normal. I did do the bluetec DEF system recall, and had some injectors replaced a few months afterward. All in 2021. Besides that, nothing major. Every now and again for the...
  5. J

EGR VALVE LOCATION -MERCEDES SPRINTER 2010 316 2.2

Hey guys, I'm in search for my EGR VALVE on my mercedes sprinter LWB 2010 316 van. I have searched on YouTube etc to find similar van engine bays to copy but none seem to have the same as mine unfortunately ( typical right). I'm clearly a DIYer trying to search for the egr valve to give it a...
  6. O

Save me from a turbocharger replacement...

Long story short, my 2006 Sprinter (230k miles) went into serious limp mode and threw codes for EGR valve and turbocharger. I cleaned the EGR valve and replaced the gasket which was weeping coolant. My turbocharger to intercooler hose had a huge and severely deep rip in it, so I replaced that as...
  7. D

$2K for throttle valve?

After taking my 2009 Sprinter to a reputable mechanic, he advised that he is unable to replace the throttle valve actuator because it can only be coded by Mercedes. Mercedes has quoted me $2.1k My first question is does it need to be coded by Mercedes? secondly, can the EGR valve effect the...
  8. N

EGR location 2.2L 2017 sprinter help please

I've been having loads of problems with my van with DPF, MAF etc from what I think was a leaking exhaust manifold from when the mechanic changed my timing chain. I've sorted all of the faults besides the EGR excessive flow error keeps coming up and I'm in limp. I wanna pull it off and give it a...
  9. S

No power going uphills (P0544 and P0299)

Good afternoon. We went into a variation of LHM during a recent trip and I'm hoping for some assistance resolving the issue. At highway speed we're unable to maintain speed or accelerate when going uphill. On a flat stretch of road we are able get up to 60-70mph The check engine light is on...
  10. A

Sprinter Problems, Hopefully not Transmission?

Hey everyone, Ive been having some problems with my 2005 Dodge Sprinter 3500. It has 213,000 miles, and hasn’t had many problems until now. I recently had some no crank, no start issues with the van, I replaced the starter and it seemed to resolve the problem… for a week. Then again, no crank...
  11. 5

EGR Replacement Time

I've replaced the EGR 4 years ago on our 2012 and I'm starting to get the same symptoms especially when I'm starting to accelerate coming out of a corner or up a hill - it just stalls for a millisecond and you get that shudder throughout the van. No dash lights as of yet. I called MB and they...
  12. mvgrasso

EGR Valve Open Circuit, and Other Electrical Gremlins

Hi All, I recently purchased a 2003 T1N OM612 Dodge Sprinter and am in need of some advice sorting out some electrical problems I have had. The van has a loss of power issue, that I suspect is a result of an EGR Valve Open Circuit code (P1043-8, EGR/ARF valve - Cable has Open circuit.) that I...
  13. Colecooper100

2003 T1N delayed start

Hey everyone, Newer T1N owner here, and I seem to have a pretty unique problem. Every once in a while, I'll turn off the engine for a short time (getting gas, stopping to look at directions, etc.) it won't immediately start back up. The engine will just keep cranking and won't turn over. I'll...
  14. B

What would you do? Turbo, EGR control positioned error

Hi, I have a 2007 Freightliner Sprinter 2500 Base V6 3.0L with 157,342 miles. I made the mistake of taking it to a local mechanic to diagnose a turbo leak and he ended up replacing the turbo. Now, 6 months later, there is still a leak and the turbo will intermittently stop when going down the...
  15. H

Is it worth buying a 2010 that just had the DEF system repair?

I'm going to see this van (2010 170ext 2500 122k mi) on Saturday and the owner indicated he just dumped 10k into it. "Everything got done from DEF system to windshield, brakes, you name it" - Exact quote. I'm wondering if the required DEF system repair indicates there might be other issues...
  16. C

P242F - Diesel Particulate Filter Ash Accumulation

2012 Mercedes Sprinter 2500 - 192300mi Purchased the vehicle with 160000mi on it. Not sure if the DPF or the EGR valve were ever changed prior to me owning it. Error Code: P242F - Diesel Particulate Filter Ash Accumulation My questions: 1. If the only code being called out is P242F what...
  17. G

CEL code P2457

My 2008 Dodge/Sprinter Class C (42,000 miles) has thrown the dreaded P2457 + P040B fault codes indicating issues with exhaust gas cooling EGR system. After reading internet information for hours, I am better informed.... but still not sure about a fix. We have not experienced any performance...
  18. T

Help! Loss of power

I have a 2008 Winnebago View, on a Sprinter 3500 with 3.0 engine. Everything was fine when I parked a few months for the winter. Took it out for first time, and sounds like it went into Limp Home mode. No power. I pulled over, put in neutral, and could rev the engine just fine. But no...
  19. H

EGR Wire Issue? Need Help

Hello everyone I am working on a 2013 Sprinter 2500 144, 184,566 m cargo van and I am experiencing a strange issue with the EGR that I believe is a wire issue. Little Background this truck is really well maintained and as soon as a issue appears I try to take care of it. I first began to be...
  20. M

EGR - Engine compartment buzz 2004

2004 2500 Freightliner work van. 364,000 miles. For months I have had a electrical draw that draws down my battery. I have noticed a buzzing noise in the engine compartment when parked. Often battery will be dead in morning. My regular mechanic stated they could not figure out all the codes it...

Top Bottom