coolant loss

1. S

Coolant reservoir crack - will JB weld do the trick?

I have a drip coming from my reservoir tank - I know folks usually say to replace the radiator but I just did this less than a year ago and would really like to not do it again so soon… would JB weld stop this small but steady leak? Or is there a better alternative? I know folks have chimed in...
  2. K

Coolant Leak Troubleshooting Help Needed

Hi, Looking for some help with a coolant leak on my 2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500 170. I read through many threads about head gasket, egr cooler and oil cooler failures but would appreciate some additional guidance on troubleshooting strategy. Here are the facts I think are relevant: 188,000...
  3. Jhunter37

Advice Diagnosing Coolant Leak - '05 T1N

On the road for my first long trip in my '05 T1N! Thank you all for allowing me to mostly lurk around these forums the last few months! Could use some help diagnosing a potential coolant leak. 158" wheel base, 253,000 miles, purchased 3,000 miles back/3 months ago. I've been working through...
  4. M

T1n building pressure in coolant system And puking coolant out the overflow pipe

Hi I have a 2006 t1n sprinter 413 2.1l that keeps building up pressure in the coolant system resulting in it pucking up all the coolant from the overflow pipe. it’s had a new oil cap, water pump, radiator, thermostat, all pipes have been checked for blockages, it’s had the head gasket tested...
  5. S

Coolant reservoir leak

I’ve recently become the proud owner of an ‘05 3500 dually and took it on my first trip (fortunately a short one) when I noticed that the low coolant light came on. I checked the reservoir and noticed that in fact, it was low on fluid so I filled it back up and though to myself, ‘problem...
  6. 2

Strange noise when stopping and missing coolant

I have a 2013 Sprinter 2500 passenger. It has about 90k and has started making a rubbing sound when stopping and has been losing coolant. STOPPING NOISE: When - Only when decelerating at a normal to quick pace. There is no sound while accelerating, cruising, or stopping slowly. It makes the...
  7. wdavi014

I'm scared. Ran for ~25 miles without serpentine belt...

Alright folks, something terrible happened last week and I'm kind of scared of what the repercussions are... We have a 2005 Freightliner 140 high roof 2500. We were on the interstate driving about 70 mph and I noticed the "alternator not charging" icon was on. At the time, I didn't know what it...
  8. 4

coolant missing

I have a 2014 Sprinter 3500. No problems the first 5,000 miles. The low engine coolant light came on dash, the coolant was down to the minimum in the overflow tank. Added up to the maximum, which took very little and now 600 miles later add coolant light came on again. I made a visual check...
  9. A

Multiple hopefully unrelated issues.

Hi everyone, Here's what I've got. 2006 316 CID. For months now it's been loosing coolant. Usually about a gallon real fast. Never overheats although very recently temp has climbed toward 190 before kicking back down. I promptly pull over and add AF. There are no visible leaks, no milky...

Top Bottom