won't start

1. G

Espar Airtronic D2 Diesel Madness

I installed this Espar heater in 2016 into a 2016 MB Sprinter 4x4 diesel model. I have done regular maintenance on it annually. It was working fine in Oct 2023. About 2 weeks ago, it wouldn't start, totally dead, no fuel pump clicking, no fan noise or movement, no fuel pump clicking. Just the...
  2. S

T1N Won't Start (Checked battery/fuses)

Hi, My T1N won't start, the dash won't light up, and engine won't crank. The key will turn and the steering wheel can turn. ~200k miles Had a check engine light- mechanic said I needed a new mass air sensor and filter, appt next week. My sprinter has a parasitic load, so I unlatched the...
  3. S

ASR/BAS Visit Workshop message-van won't start

I parked my 2016 2500 4x4 in my driveway three days ago after normal operation. When I went to start it today all dash lights appeared normal. The glow plug light went off and I turned the key to crank the engine and nothing happened. The "Visit Workshop" message came up with what I have...
  4. O

2004 T1N Rough start, stalls when brake pedal is touched

VIN WD2PD744145634059 Hello. 2004 T1N, approximately 250k. Began having intermittent stalling while driving on the highway- never found the cause. Slowly progressed, finally parked it. It's been sitting for about 9 months. I've replaced: 1. The turn signal stalk 2. The steering column...
  5. A

2006 Sprinter 2500 won't start - no crank

Hello Sprinter Forum, My 2006 2500 Airstream Interstate conversion with 86,000 miles has been terrifically reliable but suddenly, out of the blue, refuses to start or crank. I have read through dozens of posts here but am hoping someone can give me some specific ideas. When key is turned on, the...
  6. D

2005 Won't start!

Hey All. I have one here that has me stumped. A 2005 with 150k that ran fine then failed to start without any other symptoms ( none noticed by driver ) It got towed in with a low battery and slow cranking speed so fixed that with a charge and new starter. So now it cranks fast, has 55 psi of...
  7. J

Can't get key past position 0, key fob not working

Hello all, I've got a 2008 3500 freightliner sprinter and it won't start. The van was borrowed by a friend and then taken into the mountains to a campsite, meaning towing won't be cheap. Mechanically all is good with the vehicle, but for some reason the key fob stopped working and when you...
  8. K

2003 Cranks but won't start

So first off let me say thanks for all of the information available on here. I've only been a member since this last fall, but I've been reading up on Sprinters here for a little over a year, and I've found that I should limit my google searches to sprinter-source.com to get to an answer...
  9. W

Starts for one second then dies. HELP.

2006 244,000 miles, just rebuilt the engine. I went to start it and it finally fired, then died. It is consistent: cranks fine, then fires for just a second, then it dies. There are no OBDII codes and I do not have access to upper level diagnostics. There is no start error message, no lights...
  10. B

Bizzare Starting Problem

I need help! My 2004 Sprinter has developed a strange problem. When cold, it starts every time. Then, if you shut it off and try to start again, it would not do anything - no turning over or any sound at all (no clicking of the starter). Lights will come on the dash and everything...
  11. P

2006 Sprinter leaking coolant now won't start

I have a 2006 2500. I love my van! I recently had the coolant light come on And did not notice any leakage. I topped it off and drive to my next destination. ( never got hot or over 180 on gauge) I turned it off and came back to it An hour later and went to start it and it went clunk and them...
  12. 0

New user, just bought an 04 sprinter 2500, replaced several parts - bus won't start

Hello. This is my first post and it will be a long one. I refer to my Dodge Sprinter as the 'bus' by the way. I have also spent days reading and researching the problem on the forum. In short: Symptoms in order of occurrence: Limp mode Engine light on EPS light on ABS light on Stalling...

Top Bottom