rebuild

1. T

Rebuilding In-Tank Fuel Pump

For a 2004-2006 sprinter with a low pressure fuel pump in the tank, is it possible to replace the actual pump itself if it’s weak or not working? I’ve not seen any replacement or rebuild kits available and was curious if any have even existed. Thanks
  2. G

Brook's great engine rebuild and resto

Hi all, been lurking in the shadows for a while here, time to give back. Owned Brook for about 4-5 years, in and out of living in it and apartments. I pushed it over 300k miles, and am now over 350k. This summer I let the poor thing sit in an alaskan swamp while I went out for a 3 month field...
  3. G

OM647 Piston clearance for oversized pistons

Hi everyone. Currently in the middle of a rebuild of a om647 using .50mm oversized pistons and need a spec on piston clearance to give the machine shop. There is no spec listed in the FSM, and so far no sellers of the oversized pistons have that spec either. Have not contacted the piston...
  4. N

NCV3: 2006-2018 anyone interested in an engine to rebuild?

Diesel V6 OM-642 engine for rebuild in OR (PDX) Hi!, I have a 2010 2500 Sprinter engine (V6, 3L) with 160,000 miles on it that runs, but has a knock. Mechanic thinks it needs a new crankshaft...engine was run without oil in it (a leak situation). I have obtained a new engine for my vehicle...
  5. C

OM642 Engine

Recently bought a 2011 sprinter w/a seized engine. Looking for something affordable. Located in Chicago/NW Indiana. Willing to travel to pick up. Any leads would be helpful too! Thanks, Danny
  6. S

Rebuilding a 1995 Sprinter chassis, what would you change?

I recently bought a 1995 Sprinter 312D boxtruck for a good price with a solid feeling engine and gearbox. It's basically just a cabin and chassis and the box appears to be added later on. The back chassis has a lot of holes and is bend so the cabin is tilted backwards and needs to be completely...
  7. A

OM 642 - Help Looking for Part Name

V6 3.0L Diesel OM 642 I am having trouble finding a part name to replace a damaged one. The link is below to a similar part. The part sprays oil into the bottom end of the pistons. I just need one out of the three. Possibly oil jet or piston oiler...
  8. B

New transmission

I just thought I'd pass on my recent experience with our '09 Serenity. After returning from getting new tires, when backing into our driveway. Our unit stopped revving in Drive, or Reverse. After a ride on a tow truck(harrowing experience getting the rv onto the flatbed truck) to the local MB...
  9. W

sprinter reman or rebuilt transmission miles poll

Sooner or later all of us sprinter owners are faced with the decision of what to do when our transmissions fail, if we want to keep on sprinting. so i was wondering if this poll might be helpful......... 1- what kind of miles have folks gotten on their rebuilt/reman'd sprinter trannys...
  10. G

Engine rebuilt, how to prime the oil pump on OM647?

What is the correct way to prime the oil pump. It is a chain driven pump, so I don't know if there is a way to do it correctly, or if it is even necessary. I am just trying to avoid a dry start. Used assembly lube on all internals. Thanks. :thinking:

Top Bottom