blown engine

1. R

Blown Cylinder, new motor needed. What should I do?

Hello! I was driving into Kinnewick, WA last night in my 2003 sprinter 2500 158” (dodge) with ~230k miles and a full DIY rv conversion. In the span of 15 seconds there was a mild vibration through the gas pedal an immediate spurt of white smoke I slammed on the brakes and whipped into the...
  2. F

Blow Engine in Maryland -- Hoping to save homemade RV!

I bought a 2005 T1N (tall/long cargo) with 360k miles that needed a transmission in February. Got it on the road. Drove it 1,000 miles and spent 4 months and $6,000 building out the rear as an RV for my college-age daughter. Blew the engine on a trip to Home Depot. Will crank with some ugly...
  3. Rpmextreme

07 Sprinter V8 LS 6.2 Conversion Engine Swap

Ok guys I'm new to the sprinter forum but have had my 07 3500 170 for a few years now. I have been thru a lot of repairs and upgrades and at 151k miles it **** the bed. The engine gave a shudder and oil was blowing out everywhere. It appears that one of the pistons either broke or the ring...
  4. M

HELP!! Mechanic says Blown engine...probably scored cylinder wall

Driving down the expressway... engine started to knock and lose power. Pulled over idled off the road.... turned it off waited for the tow truck. Don't remember any smoke. It started an idled find to get it on the flat bed tow truck. Towed in to the shop. Started at least once at the shop but...

Top Bottom