isolator

1. R

2018 Midwest Automotive Designs Daycruiser Solenoid and ProAir

I wanted to post about my experience since it was so difficult to figure out and find anything online about it. Firstly, the battery isolation solenoid. Mine was located under the passenger seat. There were two of them, one connects to charge the battery with the engine alternator and the...
  2. Kim_Marcus

Electrical Build Alternator Question

I’m at the very challenging part of the build. Electrical System I realize I need to understand what Isolator I currently have. I do not believe it is the B2B kind. I have read that it needs to be based on the Alternator's Amp Max Output, which even though I've looked at several posts on the...
  3. I

Dual Sensing Charging through Alternator

Hi All - Can't seem to find the answer in old threads... I have the aux battery system connected directly to alternator via blue sea acr. Aux batt system receives charge from 200a solar panel to top off. When aux batteries are sufficiently charged the acr is dual sensing so should allow charge...
  4. J

Battery Isolator size

I am getting ready to install the Keyline 140A battery isolator to charge my 225Ah battery bank. After I ordered it, I read something that said you should only use an isolator that allows half the amount of your battery bank. So is my 225Ah battery bank too small for this isolator?? Is this a...
  5. Visian

Battery Isolation Relay for Auxiliary Battery

Please let's keep this very simple because I am easily confused and about to go insane from info overload. :laughing: My truck is a 2006 T1N 3500 LWB. I have searched and have found some discussion of this but most of it is very old. I've read the PDF instructions for a T1N Retrofit of...
  6. B

Battery Isolator Help

Hello Sprinter-Source, I have recently (finally after 6 months) completed my home conversion!!! Photos of the build may may at some point be posted, but for now I am focusing on a comfortable transition to van living. With that said, I have some concerns and questions about the connection and...
  7. S

replace isolator in MB sprinter chassis

On our trip out west I found my house battery was not being charged while driving. I determined the chassis/house batteries isolator was not working. Got a new isolator at NAPA auto parts. My friend is a flyer and built a bi-plane. He told me to buy their better unit that had silver...
  8. S

low voltage to alternate battery for power inverter

I have a 2005 sprinter with a 5000w power inverter. Under the drivers seat is a relay with the mercedes logo and reads A 002 542 40 19 89 9322 000 12v >PBT-GF20< the power into this relay reads 13+ volts as it should but the output was 6 and is now down to 3 Im not sure what this part is...
  9. N

battery isolator phenomenon?

I'm not an electrical genius, far from it. Hoping someone is... I've got a 255 ah AGM battery bank seperated from the starter battery with a Powerstream isolator. When I start the vehicle within about 4 seconds the isolator clicks open (or closed?) and current flows from the alternator to the...

Top Bottom