battery

1. I

Multiple starter failures

I have a 2011 Sprinter 2500 3.0 liter. It’s an old FedEx van and it’s been programmed to their standards. I recently replaced the DPF filter, turbo, intake manifolds, and the battery. When the mechanic finished up and took it on a test drive it shut down on him and wouldn’t start. We replaced...
  2. thesmith

NCV3: 2006-2018 OEM alternator Y cable p/n 906 440 16 41, open box

New/never installed OEM alternator to battery "Y cable", mercedes part number 906 440 16 41. Bought the wrong cable (twice!) and could not return parts in time. Box only opened to check fitment. $80 OBO, all offers considered. I just need these out of my place.
  3. teastove

Can I replace my H6 battery with a H8? What about the bracket that holds the battery in place?

I decided to replace my starter chassis battery, and bought an H8 from Costco after a google search and them confirming that is the correct size. However, I now realize I have the smaller H6 installed from the factory. Can I put this H8 in there so I can have a larger battery? My main question...
  4. T

block heater, battery trickle charger

I recently bought a 2008 Sprinter, and it has a plug in the engine bay for what I assume is an engine block heater/warmer. I live where winters get sub-freezing, so I bought a small battery charger/maintainer that I'd like to set in the engine bay near the jump start posts, and then run an...
  5. D

Adding a battery to my already existing battery bank

Hi! I have an already converted van, which has 2 AGM lead-acid batteries in good condition. I want to add more AH to my pack, but I am not interested to invest in converting everything to lithium for this van that I won't keep for very long still. I am looking into adding 1 or 2 used AGM...
  6. M

House battery still not charging from alternator after changing solenoid

Ok It’s been covered but a bit confusing info so I’ll quickly recap. House battery wasn’t charging when driving like it did before ( 2016 Navion / Itsca ) so I instslled the Cole Hersee 24213 as many here suggested . I grounded the extra binding post to the frame and used the other binding post...
  7. 907970

VS30: 2019+ EcoFlow Power Kit 2 KWh LFP Battery-New- Colorado

EcoFlow Power Kit 2 KWh LFP Battery for Sale. New in box. I bought a power kit with 2 2kwh Batteries but will only use one. Included is: -EcoFlow Power Kit 2 KWh LFP Battery -LFP Battery Power Cable (1.5m / 4.92 ft) -2 KWh LFP Battery Wall Mounting Clamp...
  8. K

Battery, Alternator Troubleshooting

2019 Jayco Melbourne 26L Class C 2017 Sprinter Chassis 13,207 miles My battery overheated and leaked and am now troubleshooting with the battery replaced by Napa. They suggested checking my alternator because the battery may have been overcharged. So I checked some voltages and posting below...
  9. W

Issue with Aux Battery under the front passenger's seat overheating

Does anyone know if the 2022 MY Sprinter van chassis have a documented issue of overheating? I have a 2022 MY Sprinter van chassis, and regardless of what charging source I try on it (i.e., I've tried Xantrex's 1000W/50A Freedom XC inverter/charger set up for AGM and Iota's 55A converter with...
  10. kenyonsalo

VS30: 2019+ 2023 AGM Main Battery

Selling 1x 2023 AGM Sprinter Battery - 350 total miles on the battery. Never discharged below 50%. Switched over to a Lithium Battery as my main. Retails for nearly $250. Happy to sell for $100. Pickup only. Superior, CO
  11. S

T1N Won't Start (Checked battery/fuses)

Hi, My T1N won't start, the dash won't light up, and engine won't crank. The key will turn and the steering wheel can turn. ~200k miles Had a check engine light- mechanic said I needed a new mass air sensor and filter, appt next week. My sprinter has a parasitic load, so I unlatched the...
  12. C

VS30: 2019+ Antigravity 200AH Lithium Battery Rocklin, CA $800

I bought two of these because of the buy one get one 50% deal. Anyone interested in splitting the savings and buying the second one from me for 2k? I don't know anything about these btw, seems like a clean and simple solution for a great price. I'm in Rocklin, CA but could potentially meet when...
  13. D

Engine battery

I have a 2009 Winnebago View on a Dodge Sprinter chassis with the Mercedes diesel. It sat over winter and, yes, the engine battery went dead. I have a charger on it, but can’t seem to locate the actual engine battery. I know where the jumping terminals are and tried that, but it’s really dead. Help
  14. Hodakaguy

Portable Vacuum that works! Dyson with adapter to run tool batteries!

Keeping your rig clean on the road. Doing some cleaning this morning in preparation for Hood River Adventure Van Expo next weekend. Thought I'd share my vacuum setup that I carry with us in the van. It's an older Dyson unit that's running an adapter allowing me to use my Milwaukee Tool...
  15. D

Help with Victron bms setup please

I’ve been building my van out in stages, for better or worse. Finally going to try to tackle electrical which is daunting. I want a very simple setup: battery, dc/dc charger, mppt. That’s it. Just planning on using solar and alternator for charging. No inverter. No shore hookup. I figure my main...
  16. C

2019 Sprinter Electrical Problem

Currently getting no power at all to the van, Replaced aux battery, main batteries, and check varies fuses, relays and grounds. I'm currently testing the voltage of the wires some read 12.2v and others 9/10v. Is that supposed to be correct? Picture attached is from the box next to the battery
  17. C

No Power Coming from Main battery to vehicle

Have a 2019 sprinter (gas). Previously had seen that there was an auxiliary battery malfunction on the screen. One day went to open the doors and nothing worked. No Lights, No door unlocking. Changed the aux battery From Mercedes and now nothing is working besides doors unlocking. All the fuses...
  18. Racepirate

NCV3: 2006-2018 Xantrex Freedom SW3012 Inverter / Charger 3000w Demo L@@K

This Inverter was used for a demo at SEMA in 2022, never installed in Vehicle Just traveled and was part of display a little scratch and dented but works perfect! ( Checked on Bench last week) Selling for 40% off
  19. D

Is H8-AMG Starter Battery compatible in Sprinter 3500?

The starter battery in my 2015 Sprinter 3500 RV is 8+ years old, going strong (Type: VARTA A 000 982 33 08 12V 100AH). However, I happen to have a 1-year old H8-AMG battery from another (gasoline) Mercedes that I think is the same size and very similar (95AH, 160 Reserve capacity, 900 CCA). I...
  20. J

'15 2500 cargo parasitic drain

Hi, gang. I know this thread looks redundant considering previous discussions. However, I have very specific data regarding my situation. Put simply, I have a drain that takes a week or less to kill the battery. Measuring the amperage in series of the negative side, I get 25-27 amps. Not...

Top Bottom