power

1. M

Powering roof fan and electric cooler?

I'm looking to power a roof fan and electric cooler. This isn't an RV conversion, just a toy hauler for day trips so I'm not looking to install a house battery. I do have the aux battery under the passenger seat so I presume that should be the power source? Should I run a line directly from...
  2. H

Powering the head unit with house batteries for music

I want to use the head unit for media control when parked, as I just installed a pretty nice sound system in the back, but I think the head unit turns off after 20 mins, so could you possibly power it with the house batteries, or is there another solution? it is a 2019+ or 907 in Europe I saw...
  3. B

2013 Sprinter RPM surge/power loss after Hwy driving?

I have a 2013 Sprinter 170 Passenger van. It has recently developed an issue I’m having difficulty diagnosing. Start-up and driving around town is fine. When I'm doing highway speeds, there is no issue and fuel economy is “good”. Acceleration is fine. The issue seems to occur only after...
  4. F

Mystery plug

I have been trying to figure out what type of plug this is. I think it is a 220 but the plugs are different than most cables, the e-trek cable would fit it but I think that is a no-no. I just want to plug the e-trek into this receptacle for storage use so no big power draw. I would be fine with...
  5. E

VS30: 2019+ FVC High Roof Ladder and Several Bluetti Systems in Portland, Oregon

Hi, Folks. I have a high-roof ladder from Flatline Van Co that's assembled but not been installed. The ladder and all hardware is included - I'm just going in a different direction. $450, firm. Presently sold out online. I also have several new and lightly used Bluetti components available...
  6. P

OM611 to OM612 swap anyone done it?

So I believe the engine has died in my camper, it has the 2.1 which has been underwhelming. The turbo hasn't played ball since I've drove it the last 18 months and did 20k+ miles. It might just be the turbo but definite burning of oil and what sounded like a flywheel catching on the gearbox...
  7. yzkgarnett

Inverter/Charger vs Inverter+Charger+ATS

Inverter/Charger looks neat, but I can't justify the cost (~$1200) for a 3000W one. On the other hand, a reasonable 3000W inverter + charger + Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS) costs around $500-$600. I understand the ease of installation and fewer wires to have a inverter/charger, but the price...
  8. C

Intermittent Power Loss

2006 NAFTA 2500 - Prior FedEx On random intervals between ~100 and ~9,000 miles, my Sprinter will stop "pushing" forward while my foot is on the pedal. The engine continues to run fine. Everything goes back to normal after about a second of the wheels not having power. No restart necessary...
  9. M

Noticeable drag at low speed

Hi, I recently bought a 2008 Dodge Sprinter 2500 at 180,000 KM (111,000 miles). When coasting at slow speed or accelerating from a standstill, there is some noticeable drag (like the brake is on). Having only driven an U-Haul Ford E-series before, I thought this is normal, being a heavy...
  10. D

Solar Power Needs Question

Hi- I have a 2017 cargo sprinter van. I am planning to buy an ARB 10800472 Fridge Freezer- 50 Quart, some string lights and would like the ability to charge lap tops and phones when the van is not running. It seems I am likely to need a supplemental power source but I don't know how much...
  11. E

2017 USB Port Output voltage

Hello Everyone, I am 45 days new into the world of everything Sprinters. I am undergoing a Do-It-Yourself (Minor compared to most of you) up-fit. My background is that of a General Contractor and cabinet maker who also has some collage (Though be it 38 years old) in electrical engineering...
  12. M

2002 Freightliner Sprinter loss of power

Hi guys I have an 02 sprinter that all of a sudden would not build boost. I can manually depress the turbo actuator and it will build boost then, so I know its not the turbo. I can also suck on the vacuum hose and make the actuator go down so I know its not the actuator. I replaced the vacuum...
  13. K

Simple solar for full-time living

Hey everyone. I've been lurking around here for long enough and trying to do research in my conversion, but I think that an actual conversation with experienced Sprinter folks is the next step. There are just so many options, it's hard to know whether I'm going down the right path. I want to get...
  14. ecowhale

Wiring Diagram for Power Mirrors Wiring Needed

2007 Dodge Sprinter 2500 3.0 The five wires got pulled out of the power mirror connector for the driver's side control center. Now I don't know which colored wire goes with which numbered slot on the connector. No dealer so far can find out. The five wire colors are: Black & Orange Brown...
  15. D

Sources of engine-on and ignition-on power (backup camera install)

Hey, I'm trying to set up my backup camera, I would like the camera to be on only when the engine is on I want the screen to be on whenever the ignition is on. I also need to tap in to the reverse lights to trigger the screen to come on. I read that in the T1N's the reverse lights are the...
  16. Bluejacket45

New Software from Green Diesel Engineering

Hello I have a new van after eight years of ownership. I have always loved and had great luck with my 2006 144" high roof totally over loaded sprinter work van. A while back got into some trouble with the EGR system after 120,000 miles. Searching the forums I came across info re EGR delete...
  17. J

Smoke coming out of my 2006 Dodge Sprinter 2500

Has anyone ever had any kind of electrical / engine smoke. Not sure what is causing this. I recently had a stereo system installed which is pulling power from the fuse box, this fuse had blown a couple of times and took it back where they placed the stereo power from another fuse of its own...
  18. N

loss of turbo, have you had this issue?

I was driving my van through the desert on the highway, the temp was around 108, I started to feel the van lose power going up hills, I dont think I could hear the turbo running anymore, when i have it at idle it seems like there is a sound coming from the passenger side underside of the van...
  19. D

P0404, 0401, 0087 - EGR, MAF, IAT, Loss of Power. 2800RPM max - PROBLEM IS?

Sending out a plea for aid to all you smart guys in the Sprinter-Forum.:professor: Dex (van's owner) has been a forum reader for about a year but never yet had cause to post. Dane (the mechanic here in Guyana, South America) has joined this forum at Dex's request so we can solicit some help and...
  20. S

Flexible Solar panels

http://cdn.highwire.com/2624505.jpg I'm really interested in these flexible panels. I'm thinking these can be adhered directly to the roof with vhb tape. They are light (3.5kg) and would definitely be stealth. Does anyone have any experience with these flexible panels? Maybe we could...

Top Bottom