transmission problems

1. D

Transmission fluid change - 2003 Dodge Sprinter 2500

Hello again, I am looking for advice on whether or not to change my transmission fluid on my 2003 Dodge Sprinter. The fluid was last changed at 301,000 miles, and I am currently at 408,854 miles. The fluid has a darker brownish color indicating that it needs to be changed, but I keep running...
  2. T

Transmission issues, wont shift into 4th

Hi all, I recently got a 2006 dodge sprinter 2500 with 140k and it has been running well so far (I've put about 1500 miles on it). I just drove it 600 miles this past weekend and it ran great but when I went to drive it today I am experiencing transmission issues. At first the engine was...
  3. S

Transmission conductor plate mystery gasket

Back story: Picked up this van pretty cheap. It has an issue shifting into 3rd. In 2nd it will reach RPM to shift, then slip into neutral, I let off gas then at lower RPM it smoothly shifts into 3rd gear. Been occasionally non daily driving it like this for a few months doing my research to...
  4. G

2006 Sprinter 3500 RV T1N Transmission Code Question

I had my transmission fail on my RV, which is the beginning of a nightmare story MB Dealership story that is too to share here. I am fighting through some issues with them on a major failure, they have formulated 2 excuses that I need to debunk if at all possible. 1. The rebuilt that I had them...
  5. G

Metal fragment (arc) in 722.683 transmission pan. What's next?

Hello, I found a fragment of a metal ring in the transmission pan. I intend to have a photo attached. At the moment the transmission remains drained. I'm not sure what the next step should be: a) remove the transmission & have it rebuilt, b) remove & replace, c) tow the sprinter in with the...
  6. B

4 x 4 Transmission leak

Hey, It appears my nearside front driveshaft seal may be leaking on my Sprinter 2004 4x4 Any idea where to get the seal from? Is this a common problem?
  7. S

BANG then slippage in nag1 transmission.

Hi, I greatly appreciate anyone's input or help on this. Working on a 2006 long and tall. At 100,600 miles there were zero issues with the transmission except for a slight RSN. I performed a transmission service: Drained torque converter and pan, performed Doktor A's RSN fix with a #55 drill...
  8. B

TRANSMISSION SLIPPING

I was driving home and turned into my neighborhood and the transmission slipped some but acted fine after I made the turn and I got home fine. About half hour later I left my house and I stopped at a stop sign and my van was acting like it was in neutral. I turned off my van and waited 1 minute...
  9. F

Transmission Jumps In/Out of Gear

I have owned a 2014 Sprinter made into a 2015 Itasca Navion motorhome since Jan 2018. It currently has 45K miles and has had all scheduled maintenance performed. While traveling this year, my wife and I have noticed about a dozen times when the transmission seems to quickly slip out of gear and...
  10. S

2007 3500 Transmission slipping

The more I read, the more confused I am about what transmission I have. One place tells me I have a W5J400, another tells me I have a W5A580 and yet another says it’s a W5A330. A vin search tells me I have a 722.6 (ya think?). I can find no data plate on the transmission. The housing is stamped...
  11. thomasrobert23

TRANSMISSION HELP PLEASE ?

a few months back my dodge 2500 trans went, so found a used one with 80k, had my mechanic put it on. It still isn't shifting but throwing no error codes related to it, my mechanic says upon researching it that the transmission computer ( maybe TCM ) needs to be reset by a computer that he dows...
  12. A

2006 T1N NAG1 / 722.6 valve body drop & clean to fix P0753 error code

First off, sorry for the wall of text below. I wasn't sure how to tell this story shorter. The short-short version - I was able to resolve a P0753 solenoid error code by disassembling and cleaning the valve body and replacing the conductor plate. Many thanks to everyone over the years who has...
  13. K

Sprinter 2008 shift to neutral when slowing down/braking hard

Hey guys, hope you are doing well. I think that theres is multiple thread about these types of problems, but I didn't find someone that had the same problem. So here is my problems. A couple weeks/months ago, my sprinter had these problems: Hard downshift then check engine.(something about...
  14. J

Replacing bearings in transmission

My transmission in my 2006 Dodge Sprinter **** the bed. While was cleaning out pan I noticed pieces of a race and needle bearings. Dropped the transmission and took it apart. I found the needle bearings that sit in the stator (which holds the B1 clutch plates) were damaged. I have been...
  15. M

2008 Weird Noise

Hi everyone, picked up my 2008 Dodge Sprinter last weekend. Test drove it a bunch before purchasing on the highway and off, but didn't get this weird noise until I was 3 hours into my drive home. As you can hear in the video, it comes in low, builds, and then all but disappears. It then comes...
  16. F

Rough shift when cold & "hunting"

First of all, huge shout out to the sprinter source community. The amount of knowledge here is amazing! Thanks in advance for any help rendered. I've got a 2006 t1n passenger setup with 205,000 mostly highway miles. I've got a long record of service for the rig - it's been pretty well cared...
  17. B

200 Freightliner Sprinter Vibration with RPM spikes

I have a 2008 Freightliner Sprinter 2500 that send a strong vibration throughout the body of the truck with a brief change of RPMs then 40 Sec later is goes back to normal and the RPM go back down, fresh Trani oil changes did not do the trick so I am feeling it could be the Torque Converter...
  18. J

transmission nightmare - dealer ransom?

So my '02 freightliner 2500 long tall got itself stuck in second and then in neutral back in june. First I thought it just needed to have the trans serviced and then flashed to get it out of limp mode, but the first dealer I brought it to tried to sell me a trans and torque converter without...
  19. Van Campa

replacing or repairing driveshaft?

Greetings from Finland summer. Nice and pleasant +27 degrees outside today. I left NZ to escape the cold winter months. My van , MB Sprinter 313 CDI with sprintshift, has developed a juddering noise from transmission. There was also a clunk noise when shifting between 1st and 2nd gear. After...
  20. J

Shifting Problems

First off I just want to say that I'm unbelievably impressed with the knowledge on this forum, and it's already helped me with some repairs as a first time sprinter owner/do it yourself mechanic. I bought a used 03 sprinter 3500, and had to fix a few things, had a shop replace rotted out brake...

Top Bottom