noise

1. T

2008 Dodge Sprinter Slight Shuttering Noise Uphill

Hi, I have recently discovered a shuttering noise in my 2008 Sprinter, it happens intermittently seemingly at random times when I hit a bump or when I am driving uphill. There is no check engine light on. I had the transmission serviced at a Sprinter mechanic, also I had the EGR valve cleaned...
  2. C

Possible power steering noise?

Hey, Could I get opinions on this noise? Possibly power steering related as the sound changes with steering movements. I've attached two videos and would appreciate any advice. Checked for power steering fluid leaks, and no error codes were detected. It's a 2007 Sprinter 2500 passenger van...
  3. N

Fixing Floor Creak

Hello all - working on converting a 2023 AWD Sprinter and running into an issue with the floor. We are using factory floor with 3/4” aluminum square tubing furring strips glued to high spots underneath floor, with double-sided scrim Thinsulate between the tubing. Factory floor is secured with...
  4. L

My Sprinter Almost Drove Me Insane

My 2019 Sprinter always had an annoying rattle/squeaking sound coming from just behind and above the driver's head. Tended to happen if the road had any roughness. Unable to admit defeat I intermittently spent the next three years trying to nail down the culprit. I tried pulling the headliner in...
  5. H

Help Me Diagnose This Sound - Bad Turbo Suspected

Hi everyone. I would really appreciate your help on this. I don't want to go replacing things that aren't broken! I have read all threads about limp mode/turbo noises and understand the consensus is that turbos rarely go bad. Here are the details: -The incident: 2006 Sprinter 2500 with 280K...
  6. H

Intermittent grinding noise

Hey all! I’ve been a silent observer for a while and just joined up so this is my first post. i have a 2015 144 2.1l 4cyl with 92k miles. Recently I have been noticing an intermittent grind sound soon after startup and only when idling, I have never heard the noise while driving. The noise used...
  7. detroitdevo

C-Pillar Loud Squeek

My brand new 2022, been sitting in storage all winter, has an insanely loud squeak when driving, like a metal on metal sound. The van only has 182 miles on it and I take it out bi-monthly for a short drive but since it was delivered from the dealer to my driveway there has been this squeek. I...
  8. M

2006 T1N grinding under throttle / load

Hoping for some help diagnosing this ongoing issue…. 2006 Freightliner Sprinter 314,000 miles I have a grinding noise coming from the engine bay, seems like from the drivers side but I’m not sure. It is very distinctly a smooth, loud grinding noise and not a rattle. The van drives totally...
  9. A

Noise from Solar panel?

Hi! It’s happened to me 3 times where I hear a noise coming from the roof, potentially the solar panel area, and I have to turn off the house batteries and turn them back on for the noise to go away. Over night I had to disconnect from shore power and turn off the house batteries at 1 am for the...
  10. Vyking

Aluminess nerf bars loud road noise

All, I’m new to the forum and apologize if this has already been asked but I searched and couldn’t find an answer. I have the Aluminess nerf bars on my 2021 Sprinter 2500 4x4. I love the look. The mounting is a bit flimsy but I think I can reinforce that with some extra bracketing. The one...
  11. D

Dometic CFX 35 Noise

(First post!) I bought a Dometic CFX 35 for my Sprinter that I'm going to convert to camper this spring. After running it inside the house, I've decided that I don't like the noise. It is not very loud, but the type of the noise is annoying. It has a weird high pitch rattling sound and I can...
  12. nicholasnicholas

Miscellaneous Issues

Hello! I haven't been able to solve a few issues (minor annoyances) I've had with my 2019 144" high roof Sprinter over the last two years. I couldn't find anything, or it remains unsolved after searching the forums and elsewhere. 1. High pitch squealing intermittently between 40-80mph, similar...
  13. speace_is_the_way

03 t1n Sprinter squeal and whoosh sound coming

Hello, This is my first time posting on the forum. Thank you in advance to whomever might have a solution but also thank you to everyone who is always sharing their knowledge on here. It's awesome. I have a T1N 2003 dodge sprinter 2500. It currently has a little over 92,000 miles. I seem to...
  14. S

NCV3 whining at highway speeds

Greetings, I could not find any posts that matched my issue so im starting a new thread. Quite subjective I understand but im going to call it a low to mid range whine. I dont notice it until above 55 MPH. The noise changes with speed but not RPM so for example if i coast its still present and...
  15. EEC Motors

Noise in 4x4 under load

Hello fellow sprinter owners.. This is my first post on this forum. I finished my second DYI build last year, 2015 sprinter 144, 4x4. I am in the mountains on snow covered trails weekly. Ever since I got my van there is a loud one time metallic poping sound from the front end under heavy load in...
  16. T

Untraceable noise in passenger area 08 Sprinter 2500 HELP!

Sometime late last year, we had the tires rotated, front brakes, and an alignment done on our 2008 Dodge Sprinter 2500 (passenger.) Soon afterward, my wife started noticing an unusual noise that seems to be coming from around the firewall area on the passenger side. It does not vary with speed...
  17. K

HELP 2006 sprinter transmission grinding noise ,,VIDEO

i need your help guys, so my 06 has a crazy grinding noise when it upshifts on auto past 15mph. i tried manual shift and found out that 1st n 2nd gears are all smooth at any speed and the crazy grinding noise starts once i upshift to 3rd..2nd gear has slight wine...i have swapped the rear...
  18. S

BANG then slippage in nag1 transmission.

Hi, I greatly appreciate anyone's input or help on this. Working on a 2006 long and tall. At 100,600 miles there were zero issues with the transmission except for a slight RSN. I performed a transmission service: Drained torque converter and pan, performed Doktor A's RSN fix with a #55 drill...
  19. S

Rumbling/grinding noise on drivers side

First, thanks, you guys have been a great resource. I've had a rumbling vs grinding noise start a few hundred miles ago, and it seems to have gotten progressively worse over that time. It seems to be worse when my van hasn't been driven that day. Its a rumble or grinding that gets worse when...
  20. J

Clunk when changing gear

Hi All, I’m at a bit of a loss with this one... I have a 311 2009 with 170k on the clock and just lately when I change gear there is a massive clunk when I lift the clutch. I’ve checked all the prop shaft bearings and that’s all good plus changed the gear box oil today which did have a large...

Top Bottom