nag1

1. C

722.6/Nag1 - “TCC Setpoint Pressure”? Researching for months, really desperate for answers

Hey all, I know this is a bit of a longshot, and I know that I’m in the completely wrong forum for this, but after a few months if back and forth, I’ve found that a lot more people on this forum are, how should i say this, fucking brilliant when it comes to the 722.6/NAG1 transmission, whereas...
  2. A

2010 NAG1 Dipstick - W140589152100 or W722589012100?

Hi all, I'm in the process of rescuing a 2010 519 cab chassis from a bad home and am doing a top to bottom service. Chasing some transmission issues, I wanted to check the oil level and was near my nearest MB dealership (about 1.5 hours from home). I'm a fan of known knowns and OEM parts...
  3. T

NCV3: 2006-2018 2010 OM642 Complete Engine, Transmission, Exhaust/DEF. (has thrown rod bearing)

I'm pulling the full powertrain out of my 2010 Sprinter 2500 170" Cargo. I'm doing an LS conversion and won't need any of the DEF components(tank, heater/pump, doser etc) either. It's all complete including full working set of injectors, recently rebuild turbo, all the bolt-on accessories etc...
  4. C

NAG1 torque converter locks up erroneously causing rumble strip noise

My torque converter locks up erroneously, sometimes at low speeds, going up-hills, etc and will not disengage unless I manually shift the trans, come to a stop, or mash the pedal. It happens I *think* in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th gears. I say "I think", because I can't tell if its happening in 2nd...
  5. B

Servicing the transmission valve body

I have a 2006 2500 sprinter and I'm replacing my torque converter. There was a bunch of sludge at the bottom of the pan. No chunks just sludge. Do I need to service the valve body or will new fluids flush out the valve body? Bryan
  6. Axiom

2006 - Transmission took a dump

So I'm driving my 2006 HC 2500 140" about 5 mins up to the autoparts store. Taking off from a stop light, it shifts into first okay then it tries to shift into second but it gets really sluggish...next thing I know it bangs into gear, lurches me forward a little bit, and I get the dreaded check...
  7. C

Reman trans: silver star vs street smart vs ...

Brief back story: bought a very clean relatively rust free 2006 dodge 140" high top. 160,000 miles on it, runs like a top. Long story short, got taken for a ride, learned some lessons, need the trans replaced. It's about week or two away from a trans replacement, dropped the pan and found all...
  8. G

NAG 1 transmission fluid anybody use pentosin?

My local O Reilly has pentosin ATF , which has "sprinter (all years)" on the label. Has anyone used this ATF ? Everything I've searched is old info. Supposedly pentosin is factory fill for many European vehicles, Volvo coolant ,VW coolant, wondering if the ATF meets spec. I didn't see it on the...
  9. A

NAG1 misses shift into 3rd gear - any ideas?

Hello everyone! I'm a newbie sprinter owner and only recent lurker here on the Sprinter Source forums. Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone for the good information source that you've created here for all to share. I have a 2005 Flat Top Dodge Sprinter. I bought it with 282,000 miles and it is...
  10. E

ATF IV

I did the trans fluid/filter/electrical plug housing/DARF project today. Here's what I came up with to put in the new fluid. I used 5/16 rubber hose with a threaded hose barb on a bottle top, which fit nicely in the trans fill tube. I hung the bottle from the latch on hood with a wire clothes...

Top Bottom