exhaust

1. S

Exhaust Advice on NCV3

I have a 2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500 and need some advice. It's a fresh purchase and it had the exhaust stolen from it before I bought it. I am looking for a replacement but having trouble to find one in Canada. I am trying to figure out exactly which models I am able to pull a used assembly from...
  2. travisap

Identified Exhaust Leak - thoughts on next steps? (photos included)

Hey there. I identified an exhaust leak at the corroded intersection of two pipes (circled in red). Has anyone had a similar exhaust leak here? If so, what was your repair and solution? Approximate cost? Thanks.
  3. S

DEF erased, exhaust modified, Turbo compression low

I have a 2013 2500 passenger sprinter that I imported to West Africa About 8 years ago. I had problems with the DEF as you can imagine and had the system erased by some hackers. I also had the DPF erased. Some time later I had a problem with too much soot (?) build up in the exhaust system and a...
  4. J

Mystery exhaust leak?

Hi folks, first time posting, long time lurker. I have an 06 140 sprinter with 260k thats is rather stinky, and smells strongly of exhaust outside the vehicle. I have done the basics. First and foremost I checked for the dreaded Black Death, and after a visual inspection, and the soapy water...
  5. S

NCV3: 2006-2018 New & Complete Rawtek NCV3 3.0L Exhaust with Catalyst 2007-2018

Hello, I have a full Rawtek NCV3 3.0L exhaust with Catalyst. *******New and Never Mounted. Priced Accordingly.******I ended up with a 2.1L and went a different route. This is now collecting dust after purchasing this a month ago. If you know anything about Rawtek, they make some high quality...
  6. L

Turbo Noise?!?! Manifold surfaced and Gasket Replaced.

So I was driving to big sur with a whining coming from the turbo area that got very bad further in and i lost turbo. I read it to be the issue of a leaking manifold and the whistle being the gasket. I saw exhaust residue near the bottom of the manifold so assumed that was it and why the tubo...
  7. C

Professional Tuning ..Emulators .. Deletes ..STAGE 1? Ncv3 2010+

Hi Guys, I have a NCV3 2011 sprinter with 200k miles and I had a check engine for def heater(I had it for over 2 year and finally got to fixing it ) so I replaced it with a brand new factory oem unit codes cleared but soon afterwords i was awarded with a limited starts message . Coincidently it...
  8. C

Professional Tuning ..Emulators .. Deletes ..STAGE 1? Ncv3 2010+

Hi Guys, I have a NCV3 2011 sprinter with 200k miles and I had a check engine for def heater(I had it for over 2 year and finally got to fixing it ) so I replaced it but soon afterwords i was awarded with a limited starts message. Coincidently it came at the time when I needed the van and...
  9. C

P242F - Diesel Particulate Filter Ash Accumulation

2012 Mercedes Sprinter 2500 - 192300mi Purchased the vehicle with 160000mi on it. Not sure if the DPF or the EGR valve were ever changed prior to me owning it. Error Code: P242F - Diesel Particulate Filter Ash Accumulation My questions: 1. If the only code being called out is P242F what...
  10. I

Generator exhaust melting paint

Ran the generator a couple times on last trip. Only about 20 minutes each time but this is the longest it has been used. Noticed something built up on back painted bumper when I got home and come to find it was kinda gummy. When I scraped it off it was clear it was the paint. Not terribly...
  11. T

Zany numbers for two exhaust sensors

I have an iCarSoft MBII. When I look at the readings for the Pre Catalytic Converter Temperature Sensor under Engine Sensors, I see a reading of 542.84 oF when the engine is cold and not running. The reading for the Temp sensor downstream of the exhaust gas recirculation cooler is *exactly* the...
  12. D

ULSD Work Around???

I am planning on traveling from California all the way down to South America (or as far as I can) exploring all the countries in between. I have a 2014 High Roof Sprinter. As I am sure you are aware the Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel availability is slim to none, or you may be pumping it and have no...
  13. T

Excessive back pressure causing low boost?

I've been chasing a low boost problem for months, but that's another thread: https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=478244 My question here is, do these exhaust back pressure readings look normal? If back pressure is too high, it would reduce the turbo's performance, right...
  14. A

adblue issues

hey i have a customer with a 2013 sprinter 156 k miles originally came in for safety check before his deliveries codes P18BC00 AND P16CF00 are present im using a Xentry i can not re set adaptation values for the upper SCR temp sensor i have already replace all sensorts pertaining to the...
  15. S

Smoking Issues (Turbo?)

Hello, I have an '08 2500 with 550k miles. This truck is maintained by the book; however, the truck is now experiencing some smoking (and strong odor) from the tailpipe. Specifically, when I idle for more than a couple minutes, the truck will begin to smoke and the smoke will escalate upon...
  16. A

scan tool

im looking for a new scan tool possibly a Mercedes one just for sprinter is anyone knows someone or anyone that wants to sell them lmk asap thanks :rad::smirk::shhh::professor::2cents::2cents::2cents:
  17. A

converter issue

hi i own a repair shop service a lot of sprinter i have a customer with a 2011 MB sprinter 2500 3.0L 339k miles on it Ive replaced all exhaust temp Nox o2 sensors everything and the converter from Mercedes Ive replaced the converter 6 times already and im at wits with this thing ive recoded...
  18. D

Generator question

Hi all, I thought I had this figured out, and with only a week left before I am supposed to leave on a 4 month trip in the new Sprinter conversion, I am finding myself back at square one with the generator question. I had planned to have a Honda eu6500i in a ventilated, exhausted box under the...
  19. O

70k 2005 dodge loses turbo

Hi everyone. My sprinter had its turbo give out 5k miles ago, at 65k. I had to replace it completely, and although the technician said it didn't break up into little pieces, I'm not counting on their judgement when trying to decide how to fix the car now. Since the replacement of the turbo...
  20. mugget

Free hot water, no power required - copper pipe wrapped around exhaust?

I just did a search and didn't find anything relating to this subject, so I thought I'd ask. Maybe no one has thought of it before... A couple of mates have been talking about ideas for a conversion and adding hot water. One of them started talking about this idea of wrapping copper pipe around...

Top Bottom