stereo

1. danhalford94

Stereo / MBUX differences

Hi all, Looking to buy my first sprinter (2019 SWB) for an MTB van conversion, one of the things it must have is carplay. How do I tell if the stereo has carplay or not?? I'm aware there is the basic din radio, a 7inch MBUX and 10inch MBUX, do all the MBUX units have carplay as standard or are...
  2. O

Kenwood floating panel stereo

I bought two Kenwood DMX-1037s stereos and I put one in my ford based RV and planned to install the other in the back of my t1n. I have decided to use an iPad / Bluetooth speaker instead and am selling a brand new unit for slightly less than new cost. It looks amazing and has a ton of...
  3. S

Autotec Headunit Direct Fit

Anyone use one of these yet or know anything good or bad about them? Autotec Headunit Direct Fit looks to be fairly priced and includes wireless CarPlay...
  4. bcman

3D-Printed Speaker Pods

Back in 2016 I 3D-printed some speaker pods for Kicker DSC670 6 3/4" speakers to mount them on the front doors of my 2003 (T1N) Sprinter, which had no factory provision for door speakers. The pods allowed me to surface-mount the speakers, as there's no place on the door to mount them recessed...
  5. Skips Adventures

Audio 10 to Audio 15 Swap

Hi readers. Wasn't sure where to post this question so here I guess, admin can/will move if a more appropriate thread available. Ok, I've a 2016 LWB 316. I've installed a reverse camera and I don't want to go down the route of a rear view mirror monitor or CarPlay stereo but want to wire it in...
  6. T

Narration for Sprinter

Hi to everyone with Sprinters. We have just purchased 2022 passenger model and I was wandering if you guys have an experience with connecting a mic for a passenger narration. We have a PA system in our old vans with ugly box between front seats, but I was hoping 2022 model will have a little...
  7. Jess G

Replace Factory Head Unit?

I want to replace the factory head unit in a 2020 170WB High Roof. I am having a difficult time finding one online that I am confident enough in ordering. Have you replaced the head unit in your van? What did you purchase? I am looking for touch screen options and Apple Play/Android Auto compatible.
  8. A

MBUX Upgrade or aftermarket entertainment system??

We’re building a 2022 Sprinter passenger van as a family vehicle and right now we have the Premium Package C02 selected with the 360 Parking Camera JB6. Premium Plus is unavailable right now. But I was looking at adding an aftermarket TV and I asked the manufacturer of the bracket I was going...
  9. A

Base head unit replacement options in North America

Has anyone was successful at replacing the base OEM head unit with anything equivalent to Premium but from 3rd party? In Europe Alpine seems to offer an adapter kit which allows installation of their head units with navigation and full yada-yada... But it doesn't seem to be available in USA...
  10. S

Touchscreen removal

There have been several posts on Radio removal in the W907 Sprinter and Today I had one in my shop to add speakers/amp, etc. Below are the pictures and how-to removal of the 7" or 10.5" radio. The outside radio bezel is indeed different than the base radio in that it is screwed in. the most...
  11. S

Amplifier Ground Loop (Loud Hum in Rear Speakers) 2018 NCV3

Hey guys, I just installed a Kappa K5 amplifier to power four 6” speakers (2 in ceiling, 2 in rear doors) and a 10” sub. This is the same setup I had in my last build, but this time I heard a terrible hum coming from all 6” speakers. Research suggests it is a ground loop, and could be solved...
  12. T

NCV3: 2006-2018 Audio 15 : Florida

I have a brand new 2018 OEM Audio 15 head unit for sale. From a 170 crew. Made by Apline. I will provide a signed document with my VIN for you to use at your local MB dealer, to ease in having it added. Estimated dealer fee is around $145. Lakeland, FL Shipping available. PM me. $275 obo
  13. M

Reverse Camera Triggered When Braking

First of all, big thanks to every on this forum! I have learned so much during my conversion from you guys! I am installing a reverse camera in my 2005 3500. Following @eagle2232 advice I tapped the red/white reverse trigger wire: The only thing I did different from him is that I tapped the...
  14. T

Sprinter Speaker Replacement HELP!!

Hey guys, I just bought a 2008 Dodge Sprinter 144wb the other day and the stock speakers are HORRIBLE. I've found you-tube videos explaining how to gain access and replace the door speakers (they are 6 1/2 round ones, correct?), but I can't find anything on the speakers in the dash, below the...
  15. J

Changing speakers and stereo in 2008 170'' Passenger Van

I recently purchased a 2008 170'' Passenger Van (windows all around). Looking for any advice on replacing the speakers and stereo system. There are six circular speakers/ tweeters (2 in the front, 4 in the area behind driver's seat) and I'm debating whether I should replace all or some of them...
  16. bcman

Basic stereo & speaker upgrade

Hello All, I just joined the Sprinter family with the purchase of a 2003 140WB SHC Passenger van. First project: better sound! I know this info has been posted before, but I thought I'd share my experiences and a few bits of advice. I went to Crutchfield and bought a JVC media deck (no...
  17. KentuckyWR

Switched 12v Source

I know about the EK1 Terminal under the driver's seat but what I need is a 12v source that is active when the key in position #1 not position #2. When I turn my key to position #1 the Audio 15 Stereo comes on. I've wired my amps to EK1 Terminal #3 which is active when the key is in position #2...
  18. T

Radio swap

I have a friend with a 2015 sprinter who just removed his stock radio for an aftermarket that does video. I was curious if anyone knew if his stereo would work in my 08?
  19. skyeg3

Does anybody know what this junk is?

Just pulled the stock stereo out to find all this crap behind it. Anybody know what it might be? The guy before me had sirius radio and a bunch of other handicap stuff.
  20. C

Stereo wiring on both battery's?

Thanks in advance for any help. I'm a total newbie with dc wiring. I wired in a new stereo head unit. I'd like to put in a 3 way switch so position 1 powers the stereo off the starter battery. I'd leave this setting on most of the time. The red wire is attached to my switched ignition...

Top Bottom