lhm

1. travisap

First Limp Home Mode - take it in?

Experienced our first Limp Home Mode today. It happened early in the morning on the highway after a full day of driving. Pulled over, restarted the engine and it ‘fixed’ the issue. Just minutes prior we did drive the fuel down to just 1 bar and the low fuel light came on. We didn’t drive far...
  2. F

2005 Dodge Sprinter turbo kicks out on hwy and going uphill

I recently took my van to a mechanic because I had the codes for glow plugs and glow plug module on my dash for a couple years. I waited that long because another mechanic said it was fine until I had issues starting it in the cold which I never have. My turbo started kicking out going up hill...
  3. D

2011 3.0 V6 Low Boost Issues

Long time reader, first time poster. I do all my own service and repairs, this forum is a real gem for help troubleshooting. Posting this as a reference for others, as my issues appear to be resolved. A week ago, coming home from a camping trip, the van began to surge/surging under...
  4. B

Limp home mode question 2007 Sprinter Thor RV

Hi, I have used this forum for some time and appreciate all the expertise the members have! I am currently having an issue with a 2007 Sprinter RV and I am a bit confused on the direction for me to go. The rig has less than 58k miles and was was recently bought several years ago with 51k on it...
  5. A

T1N in LHM with P2225 & P0715

I've got a 2006 Sprinter 2500 with 211,XXXmi. I'm currently traveling across the country and stuck in Montana in LHM. A week ago P0715 and P2225 showed up, and then a couple days later went into LHM (up to 2nd gear and R only). I've also lost some acceleration/power (had to completely depress...
  6. T

Stuck in 2nd gear - next steps

My van (2002 Freightliner 158" WB) has been sitting for a year and now it's stuck in 2nd gear. I did the Doktor A's Nag1 transmission service: https://sprinter-source.com/forums/index.php?threads/2476/ and it's still stuck in second gear. I read in the forums that it may need to be reset by a...
  7. J

2nd gear LHM after conductor plate replacement

Hey guys, I have a 2015 Sprinter 2500 4x4. I did some reading on this thread about an issue I was having with my torque converter making a rumble strip noise and not locking up all the way on occasion on my drive out to Utah. I decided to replace the conductor plate and the plug for the TCM. I...
  8. G

2007 Sprinter 3500 Turbo Boost Issues

Hi All - I am new to this forum but I'm hoping someone can help. I have a 2008 Itasca Navion on a Sprinter 3500 chassis. About a month ago I began having turbo issues which would result in the unit going into LHM. I found that if I pulled over and turned the ignition off and back on, I was able...
  9. imsebastian

Cleaning EGR to hopefully fix LHM - anything else to inspect?

Hey Folks- I'm the second owner of a well used 2007 Freightliner Sprinter, 3.0 V6 OM642 ~184k miles. Since getting the van I've replaced the rear end with a remanufactured unit, replaced the turbo (horrible shaft play), replaced the intake manifolds (swirl valve problems), glow plugs...
  10. hutchski

LHM reset without key fob?

I had a coolant explosion (cracked reservoir) that I patched with JB Weld but I can't seem to get the van out of LHM or maybe I am coincidentally experiencing a new problem at the same time, wouldn't that be my luck?? I saw on a previous thread the key / lock trick to reset LHM but it didn't...
  11. C

Help with some codes and LHM

2009 sprinter , 280,000 miles, has been going into LHM intermittently, but more often that not. If that makes sense. Replaced the turbo resonator, and the red gasket at the turbo. New air filter, new fuel filter, new oil change with approved oil. Codes I get are: Confiirmed: P006C - MAP...
  12. N

Chasing an elusive Limp Home Mode - underboost and overboost codes

I've been chasing the cause of LHM in my 05 T1N 3500, 130,000 miles. I figured I'd dump my progress so far here and keep everyone up to date for when I find the solution, and for the ones on here with much experience with this common problem, I could really use some help. Here's how things...
  13. J

Towing, No Power LHM.

Not Really sure where to post this, but here goes. I own a 2017 Jayco Melbourne 24L which is based on a Sprinter 3500 with a 3L v6 Diesel and auto transmission. I tow a 2012 Mini Cooper as our toad/dinghy. The Sprinter is a 2016 model and is under warranty with about 2200 miles on it. I have...
  14. G

P22A1 code, CEL light, lost power on upgrade

I bought my 6 cyl 2011 used with 114k miles with a CEL light lit and a NOx sensor code and naively assumed it would be a cheap fix (I previously drove Fords and for the most part did my own minor repairs and maintenance). After belated research, I had it professionally replaced and drove the...
  15. C

No Boost and Live data Help Needed.

Recently purchased a 2006 Sprinter. We knew going in the EGR was throwing a fault and likely needed to be cleaned/replaced. It was very dirty and clogged so we replaced rather than cleaning it. Unsure if the old resonator was causing any issues so we replaced with the aluminum eliminator that...
  16. J

Turbo Issues - LHM

I have a 2007 V6 3.0L Sprinter with approximately 253,000 miles. I drive this daily. I had an issue a couple months ago where I went into Limp Home Mode (LHM). When I had previously done an oil change and fuel filter change I noticed that the air intake hose going from the air filter to the...
  17. V

Troublesome limp mode on 2006 315CDI

Hi everyone, I am experiencing serious issues fixing a limp mode happening with my NCV3 10/2006 315CDI sprinter here in Europe (Belgium). Maybe there will be some suggestions out there about what to do? It has 210,000km and is equipped with the OM646 engine (2,148 cc, 148 hp). This model is...
  18. P

P0191 fuel rail - OBD Fusion

2014 V6 I’ve had my sprinter for about 4 months...$3000 into the DEF system and now I’m getting a whole new set of problems. I don’t even know where to begin to find the fuel rail pressure sensor. Obviously I should have already gotten the workshop manual but here I am, almost broke with not...
  19. G

Engine Replacement

Hello All, I own a 2004 Dodge Sprinter 2500 with 245,000 miles that needs a new engine. According to my mechanic a connecting rod broke while he was test driving it attempting to diagnose my LHM issue. He quoted me 12,000 to get it replaced with a used motor and that is well above my budget. I...
  20. W

Stranded in transmission full protect mode

My 2003 T1N is stranded in a state carpool parking lot in Saginaw, Michigan, about an hour's drive from my home. The problem arose very suddenly. Leaving a parking lot I felt a small lurch in a low-speed forward gear. About 20 miles of city driving later the engine lost connection to the wheels...

Top Bottom