skylight

1. S

Filling a Residual A/C Roof Hole

I have a 2017 low top sprinter that I just purchased used. The previous owner removed the A/C and patched the roof with sheet metal screwed in place. The screws have been covered with rubber adhesive rectangular ring and go through the roof and into the interior panels. There is no leaking...
  2. X

Crazy idea... House uPVC Windows for Van Skylight

Hi everyone, First post on here after I've been lurking for months planning my van conversion. I've come up with a lot of potentially crazy ideas for how to convert my van, but I feel like this one needs some external input as I haven't seen any mention of it, let alone it actually being done...
  3. XYZdayz

Any downsides to using eternabond tape on the roof longterm?

I am redoing a 2005 sprinter van roof after discovering leaks in the seams and around fans, skylight and vents. After reinstalling everything, applying sealants (Diacor around the fan and skylight and sikaflex 221 on the seams), I am considering covering the sealants with eternabond tape as an...
  4. XYZdayz

Installing a fan and skylight when there are square metal frames welded underneath the roof skin???

Any suggestion for this fan and skylight install? There is a 1 -1/2" square metal tube frame welded into the roof supports around the 14"x 14" roof penetration for the fan (also for a skylight) I bought a frame adapter for the roof ribs and the instructions says "you only want the screw to...
  5. XYZdayz

How to install maxxair fan and skylight with metal frames welded underneath the outer skin

Just about to install two new maxx air fans and a new 17" x 24" skylight in a remodel that had a big leak problem. Sigh... I bought a frame adapter for the roof ribs and the instructions says "If the screws are going to go into a roof support beam, then drill a clearance hole in the beam. You...
  6. XYZdayz

Gap in frame underneath skylight and fan

Hi Any suggestions on what to do about a gap between a steel frame underneath the fan and skylight opening and the metal roof? Because of past leaks, I am completely redoing the roof and ceiling. (ugh) When I eventually screw down the skylight or fan frame seems the metal roof would flex down...
  7. R

Skylight Replacement

My great West Van has a few cracks in the skylight so I am looking for a replacement. This would be a good time to repaint the wood frame that Great West built to allow the skylight to fit the irregular shape of the top of the Sprinter van. Does anyone know the source of the original bathroom...
  8. Brian Kenny

Heki 4 Skylight Not Working...

The skylight in the center of the top stopped working. At first I thought it was a fuse, so after removing some of the ventilation covers around the edge of the skylight, I found the fuse and replaced it. As soon as I put the new fuse in, the red LED started flashing, which was encouraging...
  9. N

need model of skylight on sprinter westfalia

hello, I have a 2006 Airstream Sprinter Westfalia, with a cracked left upper window, cracked bathroom skylight and cracked large skylight(glazing panel). I do know its made by Seitz(Seitz is owned by Dometic). Does anyone know what models are the skylights and the upper side window?

Top Bottom