starting problem

1. A

Key won’t turn.

I have a 2015 2500 170. 147k miles. I have had the van for three months. The van was throughly checked over by Mercedes when I purchased it. anyway, three days ago, my key stopped working intermittently. I would put it in and not get that electronic sound and then can’t turn the key. It seems...
  2. E

2006 dodge sprinter won’t start

Hey everyone, I recently purchased a 2006 dodge sprinter and it ran great for a few months then the cat got clogged and the brakes and one sensor needed to be replaced. No big deal I didn’t have a place to work on it so I had a mechanic take care of it. Tan fine for about a week and a half after...
  3. DaveBuck

Sprinter 2003 starts then stalls 2 secs later!

Hi, Just had with 2003 Sprinter RHD W 903 311 CDi. Will now only fire up for 1-2 secs then stalls immediately. Can eventually get going with about 30-40 secs continual cranking using jump leads from car to avoid caning my van battery! At eventual point of firing glow plug light comes on dimly...
  4. jacob2.0

Another T1N starting post. Weird cranks, sometimes only clicks, sometimes starts

Hey folks, so here I am again with another 'won't start' post on this forum.. So I decided to store the van for the winter (about 6 months) without starting it or giving it any love. I guess I'm getting my bad karma back in for that now. I came back and the van wouldn't start. I brought it to...
  5. S

Starting Issue with Sprinter bought a couple months ago

I bought a 2006 T1N with 80,000 miles a couple of months ago from Philly and am running into my first issue. Please forgive me as I am new to this vehicle and the forum. A few weeks ago I went out of town and didn’t run the van for about 2.5 weeks. I came back and noticed it had some trouble...
  6. M

First Transmission,then edc light, now no start HELP!!

Little help please legends, this is cooking my brain and I'm ready to torch this thing. timeline bought 03 mob ex Australian ambulance been sitting 4 years and just had sprintshift replaced 2 tanks of fuel later wouldn't change gears automatically but would change up manually and back down...
  7. D

Altitude + cold temp = hostage, (or as I actually typed it, no start.)

Greetings fellow Sprinter parents, First time posting. Not the first time that the SF's wisdom and diy write ups have been of major assistance, like alternator and water pump replacement.... Thank you much. I have been the happy owner of a 2006 2500 5cyl 2.7l diesel since April of 2005. Used...
  8. jonnycorndawg

2003 2500 Starting Issues (over 300K miles)

As soon as I hit 300,000 miles on my 2003 2500 SHC I started having starting issues. My battery is plenty healthy and it cranks okay but never turns over. When I've towed it to my local Sprinter shop (1 hour away), it starts up fine. This has happened several times since Christmas and it is...
  9. B

Van runs, cuts out. Merc want another £2000

Hey guys, okay, I'm in Germany (traveling) with my 2005 sprinter. We had black smoke coming out of the exhaust, so I took it to Mercedes who charged me over 2000 euro for an injector check and refit (all four) aswell as brakes. They changed the fuel line aswell. The injectors were...
  10. N

Winter Start Issue

Hello everyone. Hope someone can help me. I have 2006 Dodge Sprinter 2500. Here is the problem. When its cold (around 20F) Chicago Weather ;) I try to start it, it did start for few seconds and that shuts. I try again, and looks like battery didn't have enough power, so i plugged...
  11. Andy at Focallocal

stopped starting. key turns over fine but engine wont catch/run. no warning lights

i was out on a long drive and pulled in for gas. once there the engine wouldn't start again the starter motor sounds like its turning over fine, and it has a new battery which has plenty of power. there are no warning lights and if i spray a flammable gas into the air intake it'll start and run...
  12. L

flashing dash lights, no start

2016 Sprinter V6 turbodiesel 10k miles A few weeks after an 8000 mile, trouble free trip, I go to start the vehicle and all the dash lights flash, ESP warning, ABS warning, CEL, clicking sounds of sorts and the beeping too. Then the dash goes silent. Next try, different but similar series of...
  13. J

Intermittent starting problem HELP?

Getting ready for trip on my 2011 Sprinter View and when I turn key, often nothing happens. Would normally think about bad starter solenoid but don't know where that is on Sprinter. If I continue to try sometimes once or twice and sometimes over a dozen and fiddle with parking brake and...
  14. S

Grinding noise immediately after start-up

2006 118' wb Ive been having a grinding metal rubbing noise coming from somewhere up front right after I start the engine. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it starts perfect. Anybody have an idea of what this could be and how to fix it? Thanks
  15. A

2014 crank no start issue

hi i have a shop we work on alot Sprinters we have this 2014 2.1L for one of my accounts it got towed in he picked up bad diesel so clogged the filter and fuel pump so i replaced the fuel pump assembly fuel filter blew out all the fuel lines primed the system with Fresh Diesel activated the fuel...
  16. A

crank no start issue need help asap

hi i have a shop we work on alot Sprinters we have this 2014 2.1L :bash:for one of my accounts it got towed in he picked up bad diesel so clogged the filter and fuel pump so i replaced the fuel pump assembly fuel filter blew out all the fuel lines primed the system with Fresh Diesel activated...
  17. A

crank no start issue need help asap

hi i have a shop we work on alot Sprinters we have this 2014 2.1L :bash:for one of my accounts it got towed in he picked up bad diesel so clogged the filter and fuel pump so i replaced the fuel pump assembly fuel filter blew out all the fuel lines primed the system with Fresh Diesel activated...
  18. B

UPDATE: No Start: Key Turns, only 'one-click' under dash relay M

Hi all, 2007 NCV3 Dodge Sprinter 180a alternator Factory installed Auxiliary battery. 2x 6 month Exide AGM Batteries. Most Recent trip: 5-18-2016 2500 mile FL to MA. CODES: MD802 Autel code 2267-1 Stored & Current N1 4/3 (Glow output stage) -Communication Fault MAINTENENCE RECORD: New...
  19. B

Shuts down immediately on start

I am having an issue with my 2004 (210,000km, 2500 cargo DIY camper) and would appreciate any ideas or thread references. I have tried to search for similar but no luck - so apologize in advance if this is covered already. I have stored the Van for 5 months, but kept the battery charged and ran...
  20. F

Ignition Switch NOT the "sudden engine stop/no start" problem

But it was highly suspect. The Sprinter balked at starting this morning; then, halfway to destination, the engine cut out cold! With a little key-wiggling and screaming, restarted; stalled again while parking. More banging, recovered and parked. I removed the cowling and foam block at...

Top Bottom