battery charging

1. ozellott

Heating Lithium Batteries! (Charging in lower temperatures)

I've been running a 200AH Renogy lithium battery that charges off of the van in my build for a while and have loved it. Unfortunately, it's gotten cold and the battery does not warm up enough during the day to reach safe charging temperatures, and I'm having to ration my electricity use because...
  2. S

Auxiliary battery charging

Hello all I Have a 2020 Sprinter with the OEM auxiliary battery under the passenger seat. I don't use it very often so I plugged a external battery charger on the starter battery I was surprise to see that after a certain time the cut-off relay between the starter battery and the auxiliary...
  3. M

Voltage Sensitive Relay Advice Needed. What am I missing?

I need help to safely charge my house battery off my alternator when my van is running. At issue is the fact that I have a 220A alternator, and I'm having trouble finding an intelligent relay that can handle 220 amps. Furthermore, it looks like I need 4/0 gauge wire to handle a 220A load over a...
  4. I

Split charge 2004 311 cdi [battery]

Hi all, I would like to connect a leisure battery and have a split charge connection to the main one under the bonnet. The idea is to connect the leisure one under the passenger seat. Anyone has done this? Is there a way to feed cables to the bonnet, or I can connect it to any cable under the...
  5. S

Simple briefcase solar setup

I have a fairly unique electrical setup in my van. The 200W of solar on my roof is connected to a GoalZero Yeti1400 Lithium that's used for AC power (induction cooktop, camera/laptop batteries, and a few USBs). I also have a LifeBlue 200AH lithium 'house' battery that powers the fridge, fans...
  6. 2

Can you use aux batt electric for Sterling B2B (60amp)

I am finishing up my electric system and am planning on installing a Sterling BB1260 (60amp) b2b charger to charge my battery bank. I'm an electrical newbe so was wondering if I could hook the wiring for the Sterling to the aux battery connection under the driver seat instead of running wiring...
  7. K

Renogy Lithium Battery Question

I recently returned from my first extended trip with my 2018 140 4x4 Sprinter. It came with the 100ah aux AGM battery. I have a 120w Zamp Solar panel on top. I determined that I'm woefully underpowered with that 100ah AGM battery. I looked at previous threads and some blog posts on the pros and...
  8. J

Battery Isolator size

I am getting ready to install the Keyline 140A battery isolator to charge my 225Ah battery bank. After I ordered it, I read something that said you should only use an isolator that allows half the amount of your battery bank. So is my 225Ah battery bank too small for this isolator?? Is this a...
  9. J

Warning, be careful recharging a dead battery

I foolishly completely discharged the main battery of my 2008 NCV3 by leaving something on overnight. Next morning connected a mid range quality battery charger on the 2amp(low setting) setting to the terminals in the engine compartment and recharged the battery again overnight. Next morning...
  10. D

Question for the battery experts

I have a battery bank with 3 - 90 AH 12 volt AGMs. I have set my Xantrex Inverter/Charger for a battery capacity of 270 AH. The batteries are 8 years old now and have lost capacity over time. Should I reset Xantrex for a lower battery capacity? How does the charger work differently at different...
  11. S

Split Charge Relays (VSR)

Hi guys, I've had a look around the forum for some info on sizing a voltage sensitive relay but I seem to have come away more confused. My plan is to buy around 220Ah of batteries (either 2x 12v or 2x 6v, but that's another issue entirely) and charge them primarily from 200Ws of Solar panels...
  12. S

Trickle charge for main battery

I would like to keep a trickle charger hooked to the main battery, but it's location under the floorboard makes that impractical. Any way this can be done thru the cigarette lighter or by some other means?

Top Bottom