head gasket

1. M

External head gasket leak

I have an 05 T1N with about 250k on the clock. I noticed that over the last year I've had to top off the coolant a few times, didn't really think anything of it but on our last trip the low coolant light came on and when I stopped to top it off I could see it dripping. We finished out our ~500...
  2. K

Broken Hold Down Bolt Headache - Next step pulling head and taking it to a Machine shop

Hello all, About 7 weeks ago I decided to finally get to changing my injector seals/bolts and to sum it up I didn't take my time taking the bolts out and snapped #4. I should have done lots of things differently but I didn't so here I am. I read a lot of posts from people removing bolts so I...
  3. J

Heating troubles after egr delete

Hey all im having trouble with my 2012 sprinter 313cdi om 651.. I got a dpf delete and remapp to 160bhp.. ever since the van has been over heating constantly and exhaust smoke in the radiator expansion tank blowing out water... could the dpf delete that was done WITHOUT any blanking plates...
  4. R

Leaking Coolant After Head Gasket Change

Greetings folks - I need advice! Over the summer I replaced the head gasket in my 2006 T1N with 220k miles. Here’s the backstory - It was originally leaking coolant from the passenger side of the head, at the rear of the head and near the exhaust to turbo manifold connection. It was just...
  5. A

Blown head gasket In Southwest NM

Thanks for any recommendations in advance! 2006 Dodge T1N with 248,000 Miles on it. Former Ambulance converted into camper. Through visual indications, a block test kit, and talking with my Mechanic cousin I am certain I have a blown head gasket. Van currently still drives without too much...
  6. R

Camshaft Bearing Cap Order - Doh!

I am in the midst of doing a head gasket replacement (Thanks to all those on this site for detailed write-ups!). I just finished the part of removing the camshafts, and of course I (unwisely) did not follow the Service Manual to a T and did not mark the bearing cap order. I did checked the...
  7. T

Replaced Head Gasket - No Start

I just replaced my head gasket (all new injectors) and can't get the truck started. It's a 2002 Freightliner (OM612, I believe). It's not building any fuel rail pressure. The scanner showed no PSI on the rail. Doing the injector leak test doesn't produce any fuel in the hoses on top of the...
  8. J

Head gasket?

So I've been dealing with an massive oil consumption issue on my 2011 GL350 bluetec. Engine is consuming 1 quart per 500 miles. Engine has 127,000 miles and has had it's maintenance always performed on schedule. Oil used meets the 229.51 spec, all the other parts were either OE or OEM. I do...
  9. larrr

Punked! (What would you do?)

Hi Folks, I just bought a converted 2005 Dodge Sprinter 2500 from a guy in Jersey. A couple hundred miles into owning it, I started overheating. Pulled over immediately and saw that one of the coolant hoses had blown. I reattached it, refilled the coolant, and continued. I continued to lose...
  10. Y

Sprinter Service in KY 2003 Head Gasket?

Looking for someone to get my new to me sprinter road worthy. I have oil in the coolant reservoir. No foamy white residue on dip stick. So, head gasket?
  11. C

2006 Sprinter head Gasket need to be chaged

This van for Sale has this issue, Should I fix the Gasket and buy it? What is the cost to fix this Head Gasket in harrisburg PA?, DO you recommend a garage to fix this after fixing this issue will I have on going issues because of this? Thank you for the help on this question :) :cheers:
  12. S

St Louis area T1N Sprinter Mechanic needed head gasket replacement

My 2003 3500 Sprinter needs a head gasket. I usually do all maintenance myself but this is a big one. I have talked to Dr A and he is willing to do the job but I am having difficulty with the logistics of getting my van to Pittsburgh and back. Anyone have a recommendation for a good Sprinter...
  13. J

2004 215k antifreeze in oil.

Hello. The short story, radiator cap off, topped off with antifreeze, crankcase drained of oil. I am getting 15 drops of antifreeze an hour through the oil pan drain . So headgasket,block,cyl head or egr. Looking for any advice to try to narrow down the sorce. also wondering about building a...

Top Bottom