cold start

1. K

NVC3 Hard to Start Below 10 Degrees F

I have a 2017 Sprinter 144" 4x4 Tall Roof Cargo with 65k miles on it I have converted to a simple camper...nothing fancy but the essentials...I have a deep cycle battery as the house battery connected via an ACR (mentioning in case this matters). It's been serviced every year at an MB Dealer...
  2. T

Major turbo/transmission fail - cold weather debacle

Howdy Sprinter team. I have quite a mess on my hands. Will be a bit much to unpack and will try to be concise. Curious if anyone else has had issues within this realm and what the resolution might have been for you... 2019 144 4x4 Last year around 37000 miles I experienced a transmission...
  3. proton.me

Cold start strange sound

Hello everyone, I have recently started to having this strange sound most likely from around the alternator area. It only appears when the engine is cold and remains until it warms up after a minute. Doesn’t come back only in colder temperature. I live in Southern California so it doesn’t get...
  4. P

Cold Start/ Long Drive no Crank No Start

2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Diesel Starts up from cold engine.. as we are traveling fromFlorida to Washington State we have encountered the following in California.. after driving all day and stopping it takes 45 minutes to get the can to start.. Put key in turn to start position lights come on...
  5. G

3.0L Diesel won't start below 50 degrees F.

Hi Folks, My 2008 3.0L Diesel becomes very hard to start when the air temperature is below 50 degrees F. If I put a space heater under the hood for a few hours and heat up the engine compartment it will start. Any Ideas? All suggestions appreciated, even sarcastic ones...
  6. D

Altitude + cold temp = hostage, (or as I actually typed it, no start.)

Greetings fellow Sprinter parents, First time posting. Not the first time that the SF's wisdom and diy write ups have been of major assistance, like alternator and water pump replacement.... Thank you much. I have been the happy owner of a 2006 2500 5cyl 2.7l diesel since April of 2005. Used...
  7. J

2008 frieghtliner sprinter 2500 3L .. 600W Inline heater WORKS WORKS WORKS WELL!!

So Sat morning was 12 degrees here in Ohio and my van would not start AGAIN .. so i had a 600W zerostart Inline heater installed ... Sunday morning -6 degrees and she fired right up ZERO Hesitation!! was 2 degrees this morning and again Fired right up!!! So if your having cold start problems get...
  8. J

08 Sprinter Too cold will not start, no plug in block heater?!

Hello all i have a 2008 Frightliner Sprinter 2500 high top w/ 3.0L MB diesel motor and it seems too HATE the cold weather ... i replaced 4 of the 6 glow plugs about 6 weeks ago was afraid of braking the last 2 .. i got all 3 out on the drivers side and the front plug on the pass side but the mid...
  9. I

Cold weather—won’t start—tried several things

2008 Sprinter won’t start in temps ranging from -20 to 10 Fahrenheit (started up fine when it was 20-30 the past few weeks). We’ve tried treatment to de-gel the diesel, we’ve replaced the fuel filter, and we’ve tried as best we can to heat things up under the hood, although the magnetic oil pan...
  10. J

HELP 08 Sprinter 2500 would not start this cold morning

Hello all, i have a 2008 FreightLiner Sprinter 2500 w/ 3.0l 6cyl turbodiesel Mer-Benz eng 195K miles .. had roughly 145K when i bought it 1-1/2yr ago So this morning was 16 degrees out and all she would do is crank! i went back out once it was about 40 degrees still just cranks .. i just had...
  11. D

Puzzling cold start issues, am I on the right track here?

My sprinter does not like cold starts at all. Like anything below about 20-25 degree F it definitely wont start. Anyway I've started to try and figure out why. Cleaned the clear fuel line off and looked, no bubbles, took off the plastic top cap to the motor and super super clean so no injector...

Top Bottom