build

1. N

Wall Panels

Hi all - Looking to get started on wall panels soon and wanted to see if anyone has any feedback on using 3mm (~1/8”) ply. Would use something on the stronger side, likely Baltic Birch. Wondering if anyone has ever regretted using something this thin for wall panels. Thanks in advance!
  2. N

Rear Pillars Trim

Hi all, For finishing the rear pillars, do most people move the large grounding stud at the back? Or does anyone have any creative suggestions for finishing this area that do not require moving this? Planned on using the new “Marathon Plus” product for this area (tweed + foam). Picture of stud...
  3. N

Fixing Floor Creak

Hello all - working on converting a 2023 AWD Sprinter and running into an issue with the floor. We are using factory floor with 3/4” aluminum square tubing furring strips glued to high spots underneath floor, with double-sided scrim Thinsulate between the tubing. Factory floor is secured with...
  4. A

Biggest problems faced living in a van?

Hello, I am curious about everyone's experience of what their biggest problems are living in their van. I am specifically interested in issues you face in day-to-day living with your build and living space experience - I am less interested in the issues with regards to logistics (i.e. making...
  5. S

158" T1N Passenger Van | Full CAD Model

I've spent the past four months converting this passenger van into an RV. It's a 158" Freightliner. Came with bench seats and an interior. I ripped everything out, drew up a CAD model of the layout and started building. I am considering posting the CAD model or possible selling it for a small...
  6. D

Novakool R3100 DC refrigerator

New Nova Kool R3100 DC refrigerator 12volt 3.1 cu. ft. (87 liter) with freezer compartment (.33 cu ft / 9.3 liter). black front panel. 29.25" tall x 17.75" wide x 22.5" deep Specs listed at https://www.novakool.com/r3100-1 Shown in photo as installed in Vanwife Components 36" galley - sold...
  7. G

NCV3: 2006-2018 TRYING TO SELL 2014 Mercedes Benz High Ceiling Sprinter 2500 - $38,500 (Reno, NV)

ADVENTURE MOBILE - LOOKING TO SELL! 2014 Mercedes Benz High Ceiling Sprinter 2500 ready for your adventure. This fully renovated space comfortably sleeps 4. It has a seldom seen navy exterior with a custom blue gray, black and pine wood interior color pallet. The custom kitchen was installed by...
  8. P

2008 Work Build - Big McLargeHuge

Why Big McLargeHuge? Partly as a throwback to the days of Mystery Science Theater 3000, but also in part of our kids. They didn't expect the van to be as tall as it is, and we honestly didn't expect to get an EXT model at that. Long story short: We have a window cleaning family business here...
  9. T

VS30: 2019+ 2021 Mercedes-Benz 170 H Luxury Mercedes Conversion Sprinter Van 3500 Complete - by Team Adventure USA

This listing is for a currently being built Solivagant model designed and built with premium equipment with a ‘no compromises’ attitude. Our vans are built for a lifetime of adventures from one generation to the next with nearly no holes in the roof nor the sides. With a 600 ah battery system...
  10. H

DIY Hinged Windows?

Hello all! Currently in the design and learn how to setup electricity plumbing and everything phase! I really like the idea of hinged windows and would LOVE the airflow. I see that Seitz is a big name, but awful to buy from NA, and yikies expensive. Tern Awning Windows [I]almost[I] seem worth...
  11. J

Question about Window install on 2006 158 wb

Has anyone installed the 2007+ t vent window on the sliding door of their 2003-2006 Sprinter? I really want a venting window on the sliding door but didn’t know if it was a big problem since all the t-vents from CRL say 2007 +
  12. N

NCV3: 2006-2018 2016 mb sprinter 170 high roof cargo 4x4 10k miles CA

Putting the feelers out. Had a change of plans .I have a white 2016 Mercedes Benz sprinter 170 wheel base high roof cargo 4x4. Has navigation, backup camera, installed maxxair fan in rear, aluminess ladder, and factory roof rails,Steel rims with plenty of tread on tires. I have installed the...
  13. G

2013 2500 170WB Camper Build

Hello All, Here are some of the pictures from my Camper build, I hope you like them. Our idea going in was to spend a bit extra on electrical (to be able to use tools), and then go cheaper on appliances. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8nuinpx3ojnz1ni/AADyHOuW76lZaE6jQBFM45s9a?dl=0
  14. J

Convert a Sprinter in America or import a converted Sprinter from Overseas?

Convert a car in America or import a converted car from Overseas? Hey Guys, I'm a 23 year old Australian looking to travel all across America/some of Canada in a converted van from the months of April 2019 to October 2019. I've started to think about how I can get the Van ready. I have two...
  15. N

Backpack 2.0 - A Climbing, Hiking, Paddling, Biking, Adventure-mobile

Hey Sprinter Source! Allow me to introduce myself (as I am a chronic Lurker...). My name is Nate. My wife (Steph) and I gave up the 'typical' american dream and a job as a career firefighter, and her an accountant, about 4 years ago to leave the state where the sky tried to kill us multiple...
  16. anoldfireman

Fun Quiz Challenge! How well do you know your stuff? How many can you name?

I bet you can't get them all! Alright, I have my Sprinter and am ready for my build. I will be posting my build shortly in the appropriate forum but wanted to have a little fun. How well do you know your parts and options? I have been stockpiling for my build since I ordered my van. I ordered...
  17. ColoradoTom

New NJ member, 2015 ordering suggestions

Hey guys, my name is Tom and I own a small construction/contracting company in NJ, USA. I am ordering a 2015 sprinter that will be used for a 70/30 blend of work and family/personal use. I have narrowed down my choices to what I think is a good set up. The new sprinter will be replacing a crew...
  18. S

Newbie needs help with sleeper

I've searched and come accross a few threads on here that were somewhat helpful, but not quite right. We just bought an '05 sprinter 2500shc 144" and will be using it for expediting as a two person team. There is no partition, just open space and we'd like to retain as much space as possible for...
  19. The Silver Lounge

U.K. V.W. Crafter Build

Hi. I've been lurking around the site for a while enjoying the posts and the info on here. I come from a modified VW T4 Caravelle (2.5 diesel in UK - not the thirsty petrol) to the next up in size - the Crafter. Or Sprinter or Dodge...in the US. Same factory build, just different engines and...

Top Bottom