alternator

1. S

Known Problem with 2016/17 (and other model) Roadtrek Under Hood Generator Alignment

Friends, I recently purchased a preowned Roadtrek CS Adventurous on the NCV3 chassis. 2016 (chassis) / 2017 Roadtrek. Unfortunately, I have experienced frequent "chatter" under the hood, and my mechanics have replaced the long serpentine fan belt and tensioner arm 3x in the last 12 months...
  2. thesmith

NCV3: 2006-2018 OEM alternator Y cable p/n 906 440 16 41, open box

New/never installed OEM alternator to battery "Y cable", mercedes part number 906 440 16 41. Bought the wrong cable (twice!) and could not return parts in time. Box only opened to check fitment. $80 OBO, all offers considered. I just need these out of my place.
  3. K

Battery, Alternator Troubleshooting

2019 Jayco Melbourne 26L Class C 2017 Sprinter Chassis 13,207 miles My battery overheated and leaked and am now troubleshooting with the battery replaced by Napa. They suggested checking my alternator because the battery may have been overcharged. So I checked some voltages and posting below...
  4. SprinterLex

does a om647 alternator fit on a om611?

Can you put an om647 alternator on an om611? Can you put a 200ah on the om611? If the alternators are not interchangeable does anyone have information on a bunch of part numbers I can use to find an alternator online for my New Zealand sprinter? I'm guessing I'll buy a 150-amp alternator since...
  5. I

Alternator stator short?

We just experienced our third (!!) alternator failure in 110,000 miles, temporarily stranding us almost 2,000 miles from home, and as some of you know, it’s a PITA to replace a T1N alternator in a random parking lot. This latest problem child is a 200A Bosch with about 40,000 miles on it...
  6. H

Failed alternator? No engine start / Mechanic help

On a drive yesterday, our 2007 Dodge Sprinter started making screeching sounds. We pulled over to look under the hood and turned off the engine. We tried to start the engine again but nothing would start. We had to call a tow to get back to town. During the screeching sounds, the battery symbol...
  7. D

Intermitent "failure" with IC lights and alternator not starting

Hello everybody and thanks in advance. My name is Daniel, i have a T1N from 2005 as a Camper van. Everything is Ok except for an intermitent issue i Will explain. Sometimes as i turn the key to the position before start the instrument cluster lights dont fully come on, only preheater and park...
  8. Trabulsi2

Electrical Installer Nor Cal? Aftermarket alternator VS30

I need have a full Victron system with 4 batteries that I need installed. I’m looking for someone that is available sooner than later. Also, is there an aftermarket alternator that is recommended or needed? I won’t have solar. Thanks in advance! -
  9. abiss

T1N Air Compressor recommendations / Alternator Options

Hey, looking into installing an Air Compressor into my T1N. Seems like most bang for Buck option is Smittybilt 2781 (5.64cfm for ~$220). Any other recommendations I should look at? I believe the compressor is rated for 45amps at 13.5V. I’m not sure what the stock alternator supplies but would...
  10. JG2000

OEM 180Amp TO 220Amp Alternator Upgrade

Hi everyone, I have some unanswered questions about upgrading the factory 180a (valeo A 000 906 88 02) to the factory optional 220a Alternator. I cannot find the part number for the 220a, and unsure if it’s a direct plug and play. Mercedes is unsure without part numbers. *I have some...
  11. georgeSJC

Alternator charging cut off?

Hello all, thanks in advance for any insights from community. Wiring question. As I plan our vans electrical setup I have arrived at a question related to alternator charging as a source of juice. Given that this connection can put a strain on your OEM alternator I am somewhat reluctant to pipe...
  12. Freestyleframework

Where is the D+ signal wire on my Sprinter? (pictures)

Trying to setup a renogy DC-DC charger. Need to the connect the ignition cable to the D+ signal. Have checked other threads about this here and Youtube videos, and it seems all clear how to do it (under the driver seat), but my sprinter doesn't look like those pictures/videos. It looks a bit...
  13. cobratom

Nations 280A Dual Alternator Kits $1299

We have stock of Nations 280A Dual Alternator kits for 3.0L Sprinters 2007-2022 These are AGM Only, a Wakespeed or Balmar can be added for lithium operation without issue. Save $600 over Nation's pricing...
  14. A

Alternator Not Charging

Hello Everybody, Hopefully one of you can help. I have a 2007 dodge sprinter and the alternator will not charge my van, although it will charge sometimes and sometimes not. At first the alternator would charge more than not, but now it won't charge the majority of the time. The following is what...
  15. T

Switch wiring for DC-DC charger

Hello. I have a Renogy 40A DC to DC charger that connects to my alternator (2019 Sprinter 170). The charger has a switch which is active when connected to 12V. It is currently wired to the positive wires that enter my charger. This is working completely fine and I am able to switch on and off...
  16. LowBudgetT1N

Alternator Max Voltage

I recently purchased a reman alternator and after install was getting 14.7V at chassis battery, OEM alternator was around 14.1V but has a bad pulley clutch. Is 14.7 V too high, will it damage electronics or batteries? I was going to replace my pulley clutch and carry OEM as a spare but thinking...
  17. papamaze

Crank, No Start After Alternator Change Out

About a month ago, my 2010 Sprinter 2500 (165K miles) flashed a battery light on the way home from work. I hopped out and put a voltmeter on the auxiliary battery and read 11.5 volts while it is running. By the time I get home, voltage has dropped to 11 volts. So, I figure the alternator...
  18. S

how to change the belt when installing nations alternator

The instruction says the factory belt can be removed without uninstalling fan assembly. However I don’t see a possible way because of pulley structure. My van is 2021 2500 170 4wd. Here is the picture I took.
  19. A

CTEK charger intermittently cutting amperage/charge

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this topic. I have a Ctek 250s Dual (smart charging modual for the unfamiliar) connected to a solar panel and engine alternator to charge 4 AMG batteries. The issue I am having is that when I am charging from both the panel and alternator, the Ctek...
  20. Kim_Marcus

Electrical Build Alternator Question

I’m at the very challenging part of the build. Electrical System I realize I need to understand what Isolator I currently have. I do not believe it is the B2B kind. I have read that it needs to be based on the Alternator's Amp Max Output, which even though I've looked at several posts on the...

Top Bottom