turbo

1. M

Turbo Impeller Disintegrated

I'm new to the forum and in need of advice! Fair warning, I'm a carpenter by trade and only turn wrenched when I have to so feel free to dumb down your answers! ;) First of all does anyone here know why this is happening to Sprinter turbos? Mine came apart going down the highway. I had no idea...
  2. A

T1N: 1994-2006 2004-2006 OM647 Sprinter Parts + Engine Wire Harness - Seattle, WA

All parts came off a running 2006 Sprinter with 305k miles. OEM Garrett turbo w/ actuator - $300 OEM Bosch high pressure fuel pump - $250 OEM Mercedes crankcase breather / oil seperator - $50 OEM Bosch fuel rail - $200 OEM Vacuum pump - $40 OEM Engine wire harness - $400 OEM injector hard lines...
  3. S

Limp mode - turbo Charge pressure

Hi there! I'm hoping someone can help me approach a new problem with my 2006 T1N. 275k miles Sprinter started going into limp mode. Seems to run pretty well until it does. When it limps, it goes into a mode where I can still get 60mph+, but takes forever. Weak acceleration and engine wont rev...
  4. JeanClaudeVanDan

VS30: 2019+ 2023 AWD 170 - Brilliant Blue

Absolutely loaded with the best option packages and lots of extras. See attached build sheet. 2k miles after proper break in (low & inconsistent speeds, loads, and varied gear selection) and transport from CA to CO. Priced to sell as-is, but willing to discuss additional aspects such as...
  5. yeet

Help! Weird Turbo Behavior

Last night, I was just cruising around 65mph when the turbo started doing this thing where it would spool up and then drop all pressure. It continued to do this every 10 seconds or so; basically as long as it took to build pressure. Once it built pressure, it dumped it again. For some reason it...
  6. O

T1N: 1994-2006 Portland - used turbo intercooler

I thought replacing my intercooler would make a difference but doesn't appear that way during my recent travels. I spent about an hour cleaning with special foam AC coil degreaser and was careful not to bend any more fins. It's not clean like new but a tad cleaner as a result of my labor. Now...
  7. Vyking

VS30: 2019+ [SOLD] 2021 VS30 Sprinter 3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel 2500 4x4 Custom Build

2021 VS30 Sprinter 2500 4x4 Custom Build 3.0 Turbo Diesel Mileage: 18,129 Factory Spec Tenorite Grey Metallic Leatherette Black 3 seat rear bench MBUX Multimedia System with 10.25" Touchscreen Comfort Package (Seats) Premium Plus Package Low & High Range 4x4 Package Active distance and lane...
  8. LandSailBoat

Loss of boost pressure at highway speeds in top gear

'04 3500, ~120K miles As stated in the title when I get up to 3k RPM in top gear, especially going up a hill, I lose boost pressure and the engine goes into LHM making it impossible to maintain highway speeds until I stop and restart the engine. I'm getting mainly code 2359-1 charge pressure...
  9. A

T1N: 1994-2006 Sprinter OM647 T1N Turbocharger

Not sure if mileage, no shaft play and seems to be in great condition still, came off of a 2006 Dodge Sprinter. $300obo
  10. proton.me

Oil separator, turbo

Dear members, I just recently purchased an oil separator and a full turbo seal kit from mms. They recommend to drain an refill the turbo resonator and I was hoping to get some guidance on that matter. I found videos on how to replace a turbo and the oil separator however, the resonator remains...
  11. H

Help Me Diagnose This Sound - Bad Turbo Suspected

Hi everyone. I would really appreciate your help on this. I don't want to go replacing things that aren't broken! I have read all threads about limp mode/turbo noises and understand the consensus is that turbos rarely go bad. Here are the details: -The incident: 2006 Sprinter 2500 with 280K...
  12. abiss

Anyone know these OBD codes? (Turbo issues, CAN, WSP etc)

Hey everyone. I just purchased a 330k mile 04 Sprinter and was driving it back to my home state of NY over the weekend. It seemed to be running until one time while merging back onto the highway, I needed to get up to speed and put the pedal close to the floor and all of a sudden the van seemed...
  13. P

Help identify this leak

Can someone help me identify this leak? I have a 2016 worker model van. It has 124,000 miles. I think it’s a 2.1 l engine. I’m pretty sure I had the fluid changed at the proper mileage interval at a dealership. The pictures are from underneath the front right of the van. It is a black fluid...
  14. G

Intercooler Turbo Charger Hose

Hey all, I have a brand new Intercooler Turbo Charger Hose (Sprinter NCV3 OM642, Early Models, Right) that needs a good home. I ordered it by accident and didn't have to return it. I only ask you pay only for the shipping. First address gets it. Thanks! Gary
  15. b9m8

[video] 2006 Sprinter T1N turbo air leak, high pitch whistle, and sticky turbo?

Howdy folks. My sprinter has started to exhibit some strange symptoms. A few months back my turbo began to whistle a high pitch sound. It only comes on when I accelerate enough for the turbo to be used and it doesn’t go away. I thought I had an air leak pushing through a metal gasketmaking...
  16. M

What is this noise? Stranded in mountains

Hey guys, I’ve just crossed the country and luck seems to be hiding from me. I had a full inspection 2 weeks ago on the T1N sprinter and got an all clear after fixing the seized up calipers on the rear axle. Three days ago an engine light came on and I got the glow plugs switched out and was...
  17. LowBudgetT1N

Parts source in Germany

Hey guys I’m in Germany for work and in need of a new turbo controller and actuator assembly. I thought I’d search while here and that part would be easy enough to put in luggage. Would the part be the same for my NA sprinter? Does anyone have a part number to give to the local dealership to get...
  18. P

OM611 to OM612 swap anyone done it?

So I believe the engine has died in my camper, it has the 2.1 which has been underwhelming. The turbo hasn't played ball since I've drove it the last 18 months and did 20k+ miles. It might just be the turbo but definite burning of oil and what sounded like a flywheel catching on the gearbox...
  19. W

P2623-001 disabling turbo

Hi everyone, I've got a 2007 311cdi w906 Sprinter with a P2623-001 fault code that seems to be stopping the turbo from kicking in. The engine management lamp didn't come on for a few hours of driving after I noticed the lack of power. I'm using a iCarsoft scan tool which says the fault is...
  20. O

Save me from a turbocharger replacement...

Long story short, my 2006 Sprinter (230k miles) went into serious limp mode and threw codes for EGR valve and turbocharger. I cleaned the EGR valve and replaced the gasket which was weeping coolant. My turbocharger to intercooler hose had a huge and severely deep rip in it, so I replaced that as...

Top Bottom