air conditioning

1. V

Is it reasonable for the AC to cool any more?

Hi y'all! I have a 2016 2500 Mercedes Sprinter (12 seater with 3 passenger rows) and in Texas it is about 95°F with 80%+ humidity. I've had some people complain that the vehicle is not throwing "cold" air. However, a thermometer I've placed on a back row vent has never marked hotter than...
  2. O

How does the A/C system work?

My '06 Sprinter Air Conditioning System confuses me. It seems like the A/C is on all the time. Is this the way it is supposed to be? There is a dashboard button on the right (snow flake symbol) that the manual describes as the one you push for A/C. But even without pushing the button cool...
  3. public@simkiss.net

Unsure about AC problem...

Happy Sunday Everyone! I have a 2014 passenger and having issues with front AC. Compressor won't start. Took it to uncle's shop. Refrigerant is full. We applied direct power to the compressor and it starts, but doesn't cool at all. Just hot air. Don't want to replace the whole system to...
  4. S

2013 Sprinter Air Conditioning fault

The A/C has stopped working on my 2013 516 CDI Sprinter. I've had the refrigerant changed / topped-up, but this didn't fix the problem. The cooling works if the compressor clutch is powered directly, but it's not being activated by the vehicle. There are no error codes on the diagnostics and...
  5. Nomaddict

We're Running A/C on a Goal Zero Yeti 6000X!

I made a video showing how we're running a 9500 BTU A/C unit off of a Goal Zero Yeti 6000X. The A/C will run on high speed for about 4.5 hours, but will run a bit longer once the Yeti Vehicle Integration Kit is connected and charging the Yeti as we drive. You can turn on the built-in inverter...
  6. J

Dometic RTX 2000

Does anyone have any experience using a Dometic RTX 2000 in a 170" van? I am considering one, and wanted to get some real world experience reviews. Some important factors to consider about my build and intended use: -170" WB van -Large garage area that wont be cooled by the AC -Very well...
  7. lifeninja

Installing Air Conditioning

Hi, I just discovered not all T1N's came with air conditioning, and was wondering what people have done if one had to install after buying a second hand one? how much does it cost to install original Mercedes as well as recommendations for possible third party alternatives that are just as...
  8. mad-jakal

Coleman Mach Air Conditioning Unit - Denver

I removed this Coleman Mach A/C unit from my 2013 170 ext and it's looking for another home. It works, I just didn't have a need for it ( I may regret that come summertime) Anyway, it's sitting in my garage in Denver, Co and all the bolts/assembly flange etc are with it. Pick up only due to the...
  9. D

Replacing rear air con with fan.

Hi, recently purchased a 2009 sprinter minibus here in Melbourne and looking at turning it into a camper. First thing I want to do it remove the rear ac so just wondering if anyone knows if there's a certain fan that will fit the hole in the roof once the ac is removed? And is it quite a...
  10. speace_is_the_way

T1N: 1994-2006 T1N Sprinter Rear A/C Unit For Sale - Located in Phila - make me an offer

Curious if anyone would want to purchase the rear A/C unit to my 2003 T1N Sprinter. I am taking it out to give me more room for my conversion. I'm located in Philadelphia. I will be driving down to North Carolina in about a week or two... I could drop it off anywhere on the way or in...
  11. A

AC & Heat Vent Issue

It appears that my top vents only blow cold air, and my dash vents only blow hot air. Is this normal? When it’s hot out, cool air only shooting at the ceiling does little to make you comfortable. If it’s not normal, any suggestions to troubleshoot or fix? 2014 Sprinter 100k mi
  12. J

A/C Compressor shut off

So my a/c wont work at all as in the compressor wont turn on. In the diagnostics computer is says reason for compressor shut off is Fehler EAC LIN. I know this means an error but what is the EAC LIN, and what might be the problem.
  13. OTG_Mike

Sold Micro-Air Rooftop A/C Soft Starter - Boulder, CO

I intended to add this to my Coleman Mach 8 air conditioner so it could run off the house batteries but we're likely going to be removing the A/C unit soon. Brand new in Box with receipt and instructions. Video installations are on YouTube too. Willing to ship too. $250 obo.
  14. Thenewguy

05 T1N ATC Relay Replacement Guide (For No Fan Speeds)

TLDR; This is for no fan speed (not the single fan speed resistor pack issue), after checking the blower is operable by jumping 12v to it to verify it is an AC ATC issue. This post will highlight the symptoms, and parts necessary for repair. After purchasing a new ATC module late last year...
  15. J

NCV3 Rear AC Ductwork removal

Hey guys! I'm new here, Excuse my french... ;) Anyone that removed the rear AC unit here who could tell me more about the idea of ONLY removing the back part ductwork? As seen on this image. We need head space, but just in the rear part that seems to be only vent ducts. Is it possible? Fairly...
  16. F

Aircon problem

I just recently bought a sprinter van 2011 MWB 313 cdi I drove it home aircon blasting no problem iv slowly started to notice it doesn’t kick in straight away comes on and I turn the car off takes 15 mins comes back and when it’s on it’s cold as ice it just has a problem getting started iv sat...
  17. M

NCV3: 2006-2018 2015 Sprinter 170 Crew conversion Price Drop

2015 Sprinter 170 crew Fully spray foamed with factory headliner. BFG TKO tires , Sumo springs front and rear . roof A/C ,leather driver and passenger seats with full swivel .Fiamma F 65 Polar white awning. Rear super fan,dish satellite dome. 160 watt Renogy solar panel 30 amp solar controller...
  18. C

Replace auto climate control with non auto

I own a 2004 sprinter passenger van with rear factor air The front dashboard mounted temp control is spinning all the way 360 Ac working however I have to play with dial awhile to find a place where ac col can I put a used non automatic climate control in place of my current automatic one...
  19. Kingtec.USA

Kingtec KTD 12V DC Air Conditioner

Hey guys, I've been lurking around these forums for a while now, I'm definitely personally interested in sprinter conversions. This interest has been what's been pushing me to lean into connecting with converters and informing them about the capabilities and benefits of a 12v electric AC unit...
  20. M

Weird horn, radio, volume control issue

I have a 2012 air stream interstate 3500 (2011 MB sprinter) that has some sort of electrical issue I think. So the radio/navigation system doesn't turn on UNLESS I have the house batteries for the RV on, then it works fine. However when it is on and working the volume controls on the steering...

Top Bottom