power loss

1. R

Help needed. Long term issue with losing power and going into limp mode.

We've had an issue with our 2017 Sprinter we've been trying to get to the bottom of for about a year without success. Hoping somebody on here may be able to offer some wisdom. The basic problem is that the van regularly loses power, doesn't accelerate smoothly and goes into limp mode. It was...
  2. D

Sprinter T1N W903 Manual Intermittent RPM Bogging Surging (RPM Decrease Increase) When Lights On

Hello Everyone, I hope this will help someone, this solution might apply to other Sprinter Van's. Here is what happened with my 2001 model Sprinter 313CDI Manual, T1N W903 and I am in Victoria Australia The issue When driving I was experiencing first RPM Decrease and then Increase (RPM...
  3. larrr

2005 T1N: Ongoing Power Loss

I have an '05 2500 T1N Sprinter with 178k miles on it, and have had a multitude of mechanics fail to accurately diagnose a rather esoteric electrical problem that results in my engine constantly going into limp mode. Hoping for some insights here. I had a remanufactured engine installed by a...
  4. Y

LOSING POWER Uphill

This problem has been plaguing us for the past 8000 miles or so. 2015 3500 3.0 Cylinder Symptoms Engine light has come on & off intermittently. It seems to go into Limp mode every two hours or so and it seems to be motivated by steepish grades. What we've done so far: We had done the...
  5. G

Temporary loss of power

2016 Sprinter. I experienced loss of acceleration power yesterday. Vehicle only had enough power to pull off road. Check engine warning light turned on dashboard. Checked engine compartment and discovered a disconnected hose located on top of engine (see attached photo). After reconnecting hose...
  6. D

Code 7201 - the can message from control module engine is invalid or implausible

:professor:No boost, won’t rev above 3000rpm at idle. Cleaned EGR valve twice. Changed oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter. Replaced cam shaft sensor and crankshaft sensor. Wiring harness in engine bay in front of fire wall chaffed but wires inside seem undamaged upon visual inspection. Any...
  7. B

2004 dodge sprinter - low power after sitting a few days

Hi. New to the forum. On a summer long road trip in our 2004 dodge sprinter/camper conversion (202k miles). Figured would be a good time to get on here in case things come up. So, after camping a few days without driving at all, upon start up, when I hit the gas pedal, it seems very sluggish...
  8. M

Loss of power at low speed & uphill

I bought my sprinter with 45K miles and it now has about 75K miles. I often need to drive it over a sidewalk curb to get it into different work sites. Unless it has a running start, it won't make it over the curb. If it's stopped at the curbs edge and I give it gas, it will rev up but never...
  9. A

05 sprinter no power

hi i own a full repair shop and im using the XENTRY diagnostic i drive the sprinter or a good 70-100 miles and suddenly lose power then i i turn it off and back on power comes back vehicle is a 2005 dodge sprinter 2.7L 141k miles codes p2359 under boost i pressure tested the whole...
  10. 2

311 CDi losing power, but only at sustained 2500+rpm???

Hi all! First time posting, long time lurking - could use a hand diagnosing a problem! I've recently bought a 2003 311 CDi, MWB Minibus (2.15L Diesel) with 135000 Miles on it. Used to be a school bus in the UK, my girlfriend and I have fitted it out with a bed/storage setup to spend 12 months...
  11. Andy at Focallocal

2002 WVO convert. engine wont go above 2k revs, starting isses+cut out a few times.

Hi, i'm planning to drive to Vietnam from the UK in my Sprinter and soo far things arent going well and i'd love some advice. it started driving beautifully, no probs at all for around 2k. Now i have the EDC and pump dashboard lights come on as soon as i switch to WVO and the engine generally...
  12. FuelSaving

What Is This Part? Related to Power Loss

OK, my Sprinter is now experiencing the loss of power problem to a point that the engine light is ON. After talking to a friend of mine who had a similar problem, he told me to check my Turbo Intercooler Air Charge Hose and another part which I do not know what it is. Indeed my Turbo...
  13. P

Partial Power Loss Help/Advice

I recently purchased a 2006 Freightliner badged 140" high roof sprinter and I have been having some complications that have been extremely frustrating. I was wondering if any of you have had similar problems and hope that you may have some advice, so here it goes... After driving the sprinter...
  14. A

2012 mb sprinter mass air flow issue

2012 mb sprinter 2500 3.0L diesel keeps throwing P0101 AND A 150100 150300 I CHANGED NOX AND TEMP SENSORS ON EXHAUST CLEANED AND REGENED THE DPF IT WILL NOT GO PAST 3K RPM NO POWER WHEN YOU HIT THE GAS TO THE FLOOR FEELS LIKE IT HAS NO BALLS ALSO CHANGED THE CHARGE AIR PRESSURE SENSOR AND...
  15. A

2012 mb sprinter 2500 loss of power

I have replaced both temp sensors lower nox sensor cleaned out the egr cooler and egr valve cleaned out and REGENED the DPF filter drove it 300 mile then customer comes to pick it up and gets 10 miles away has loss of power no codes everything is fine so now im lost on what it could be please...
  16. A

2012 mb sprinter 2500 no power issue

I have replaced both temp sensors lower nox sensor cleaned out the egr cooler and egr valve cleaned out and REGENED the DPF filter drove it 300 mile then customer comes to pick it up and gets 10 miles away has loss of power no codes everything is fine so now im lost on what it could be please...
  17. A

2012 mb sprinter 2500 no power issue

18. M

Loss of power

I'm experiencing a loss of power where the accelerator loses it's punch and I lose speed when traveling up hills. It's almost like the engine is in some type of mode where it won't allow itself to be strained at all. This issue seems to go away if I stop the van and cycle the ignition switch. It...
  19. R

Power fades when turning to the left

Hi, I wondered if anyone could help me with this problem. I have a year 2000 CDi 208 Mercedes Sprinter van, with manual transmission and around 100,000 on the clock. I have recently noticed a loss of power when the steering wheel is turned only slightly to the left. It seems quite pronounced...

Top Bottom