engine

1. farbulous3

Whistle noise/whine coming from front of engine - 2016 2500 3.0 DIESEL

Hi all, This is my first post in a while, so i would appreciate some feedback if i'm posting incorrectly. My sprinter has been with me since 0 MILES, i take care of her more than my family. It's a love/hate situation. I'm getting a whistle/whine noise regardless of outside temperature, and...
  2. LowBudgetT1N

Running Hot?

I've seen many threads this summer about high engine temperatures and overheating. One possible solution, CLEAN YOUR RADIATOR. I recently replaced a weeping water pump and separated my cooling stack. I couldn't believe how much debris was stuck to radiator behind the intercooler. I'm at 120k...
  3. M

2006 T1N grinding under throttle / load

Hoping for some help diagnosing this ongoing issue…. 2006 Freightliner Sprinter 314,000 miles I have a grinding noise coming from the engine bay, seems like from the drivers side but I’m not sure. It is very distinctly a smooth, loud grinding noise and not a rattle. The van drives totally...
  4. E

Wayfarer occasionally won't start

I have a 2018 Tiffin Wayfarer which is built on a Mercedes Sprinter chassis. I recently purchased this RV and it's my first RV and first time with a diesel engine. I drove it from Montana back to Vermont a few weeks ago. It always starts up the first time. But, occasionally, when I stop for...
  5. M

Engine stalled and won't restart

I have a 2022 Sprinter 4x4 with 11,000 miles on it and I ran into an issue today that I'mm stumped on. I plan on calling the closest MB dealer tomorrow to get advice/potentially get the van towed to the dealer, but in the time being I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on what could be going...
  6. J

OM602.980 75kW to 90kW engine swap

I have a -99 312D Sprinter which I unfortunately crashed. I replaced it with a -99 210D, and now the latter one is showing some signs of engine wear, and I started to think about switching engines. They both have OM602.980, but 312D has rated power output of 90kW vs 75kW for the 210D. It seems...
  7. lifeninja

How to work out if a 602 is the 102HP or 129HP variant?

Hi I'm looking at getting a 312D, and wanted to make sure the engine was the 129HP and not the 102HP variant. Is there anything that can be determined from a visual inspection, ID number on the vehicle? do you know how i can check this? or where this information would be available? Thanks!
  8. I

Maximize the Opportunity of a Disaster

Hey Folks! Long time lurker, first time poster! I've really appreciated all of the guidance I've read from this forum. I'm turning here as I'm trying to figure out how to make the best use of a van engine disaster. Last spring, I finally got myself into the Sprinter game, purchasing an old 2003...
  9. C

Most reliable Sprinter build

Hey everyone! So I am very seriously considering a Sprinter 144WB passenger van, and want to know overall if you would recommend it. Also, which powertrain seems to have the fewest problems. I understand maintenance is vital and things can go wrong every now and again. I don't intend on pushing...
  10. D

Dangling sensor? - Where does it go

Hello, I was recently doing some ball joint replacement and I found this sensor. Not sure where it connects back to. I tried following the line, but can't seem to track down where it goes. Any help is much appreciated Thanks
  11. G

Brook's great engine rebuild and resto

Hi all, been lurking in the shadows for a while here, time to give back. Owned Brook for about 4-5 years, in and out of living in it and apartments. I pushed it over 300k miles, and am now over 350k. This summer I let the poor thing sit in an alaskan swamp while I went out for a 3 month field...
  12. G

OM647 Piston clearance for oversized pistons

Hi everyone. Currently in the middle of a rebuild of a om647 using .50mm oversized pistons and need a spec on piston clearance to give the machine shop. There is no spec listed in the FSM, and so far no sellers of the oversized pistons have that spec either. Have not contacted the piston...
  13. S

engine won't increase revs under certain level of load

Hi all! Recently discovered some weird behavior of my 2007 Sprinter. Apparently, when the vehicle experiences a certain level of resistance when starting to move, the engine revs won't go higher than 1,100, and it stalls. I really never got into a situation before, where this thing would...
  14. B

ISO- Engine Replacement for a 2006 118 WB 3500

Hello, Warning- Sorry very new and very ignorant. Please give some grace: - Where should I go in looking for a replacement engine? - Is it even possible to get a new one? - Any idea what I am looking at price wise? The van is a 2006 118 WB dodge sprinter 3500 (yes, 3500) dually. I live in the...
  15. M

Engine part identification

Hello all, I am a new member who has just purchased 3 sprinter vans all 2008 dodge sprinters. I am working on doing some general maintenance to get them running well before I build them out or find new homes for them. One of the sprinters I was working on I noticed a rubber glove covering a hole...
  16. E

NCV3: 2006-2018 ISO 3.5l 6cyl gas engine for my 2007 Sprinter 2500.

218k and she blew. I am looking for a replacement engine for her! 2007 Freightliner 2500 3.5l 6cyl. GAS Any help is appreciated!
  17. K

Stuck Injector (parting out engine)

Hey All, I have an engine on a stand from an 04 sprinter in my garage for about a year now and just decided to part it out. It did Run before I pulled it. I'm starting with the injectors as someone wants some of them, and I've got one really stuck. I Cant do the Pop method and cant really get...
  18. S

WTB: 2010-2014 3.0 V6 (OM642) engine

Location: Portland OR area Looking for a solid motor for my 2010 Sprinter (V6 3.0 OM642). The van is/was already set up with DPF and EGR delete so that should reduce the complexity slightly. Can pick up within reason in the Portland area (have truck & trailer) Would also take an entire van that...
  19. K

2004 T1N sprinter engine - anyone interested -

Hello all, A while back I purchased myself a wrecked(flipped) sprinter for the trans that had 4k miles on it. The engine was filled with oil and once I got the oil out of the cylinders I got it to run for a bit and then took it out and got rid of the shell. I've been sitting on it for a bit...
  20. M

Potentially Cracked Piston in Cylinder #2, How to Proceed?

Bought a 2005 Dodge Sprinter 3500 w 172k miles on it about a year and a half ago (July 2019) to convert into a camper and late last May, I started getting problems related to cylinder #2 and immediately brought it to the shop as I'm looking to have this thing for the long haul and am not...

Top Bottom