def

1. D

10 Starts Remaining, DEF Issue

Hello everyone, Before I start my story I’d like to inform everyone that my Sprinter is a 2021 2500 at 350,000 miles. Yes she’s racked up quite the amount of miles, been thru a lot together but she’s still soldering on - up until now. Im sure most owners here know about the infamous 10 start...
  2. HuckFinnAdventures

Possible DEF contamination in fuel system

Hello all. After purchasing our used '18 Sprinter last year we've had no issues other than fuel delivery related ones. So far we've replaced the lift pump and 4/6 injectors. The last time I went in to have white smoke diagnosed, the shop replaced two injectors which solved the problem for ~4000...
  3. S

DEF erased, exhaust modified, Turbo compression low

I have a 2013 2500 passenger sprinter that I imported to West Africa About 8 years ago. I had problems with the DEF as you can imagine and had the system erased by some hackers. I also had the DPF erased. Some time later I had a problem with too much soot (?) build up in the exhaust system and a...
  4. C

2010 Sprinter 2500 DEF leak and Bluetec warranty

My sprinter has a DEF leak problem found lately. Every time, I top off DEF, it will leak a small amount. The leak only starts when it is almost full and will stop after about 500ml leaked out. I sent to MB dealer for a check. They suspect the leak is at the DEF pump seal on top the tank and...
  5. T

NCV3: 2006-2018 Sold --------2010-18 Dpf

2010- good dpf from crashed van.
  6. T

NCV3: 2006-2018 2017 Def tank

Def tank from 2017 Sprinter, works properly, local installation available.
  7. S

EGR/DEF Delete Tune Via Tuner Depot: 2015 Sprinter 2500 3.0L

Currently fighting my way through a tune/delete, given that I already had it towed to the Mercedes Benz Dealership where they refused to give me a rough estimate before even beginning the repair (absolute chicken sh#t, not every can afford a $20,000 repair without at least being able to prepare...
  8. N

Tips/suggestions for outdoor winter storage in Alaska

The leaves are yellow, the temps are dropping, and winter is coming! I have never stored my 2011 170 camper outside up here in Anchorage, I have always kept it down south, but this year it is staying here, stored in the yard. I have a simple build, so it is easy to drain the plumbing, and I...
  9. T

DEF MPG after AEM

For many years I was consistently getting 2800 mpg DEF on my 2013 rig. I got the AEM done in May 2021. I always add either 1 or 1.5 gal DEF at the first DEF warning since I have only 1.7 gal space available, never "top off." My first and second DEF refills after the AEM show 1070 mpg. Anyone...
  10. A

DEF in Coolant Reservoir- Need New Engine? $27k

New and Need Help! Hi all- The company that I work for has a 2019 Sprinter 3500 Van (which looks like a box truck). One of our employees took it out to make a delivery and the check engine light came on after a few miles, and then the a/c stopped working shortly after. He got to the job and...
  11. A

04 sprinter low/high fuel pressure limp/no power

2004 sprinter kicking my ass came it cant go past 60mph engine light on this van is from another shop that couldn't figure it out has rebuilt motor rebuilt injectors new maf fuel filter new injection pump came in with a P0088 P0087 CODE HERE IS OTHER CODE I PULLED 2016-002 rail pressure...
  12. RVBarry

Possible EPA charges re DEF Limp Home modes

https://www.rvtravel.com/motorhomers-alert-epa-proposes-def-derate-rules-1052b/ Article says 1.original EPA guidance required limp home modes on DEF system issues to NOT jeopardize safety. 2. (Further) relaxations on limp home modes are planned for 2027 MY. A. Example: don’t limp if DEF levels...
  13. A

DEF Scanguage Reading innacurate?

I recently had a bit of a saga that resulted in my replacing the DEF feed line that was leaking between the tank and the exhaust. See thread here. After this I figured I would monitor the DEF usage via my scan gauge. I topped off the tank and installed the xgauge onto my scanguage. It seemed to...
  14. P

DEF warning and engine light (Field Measurement connection?)

Hi! We have relied on the info here a lot since becoming Sprinter owners so first of all, thank you for this resource. We have a 2014 Sprinter Cargo van that weare basically living in while working in the USA (musicians) but we live in Canada. Right now we are in West Virginia with an issue we...
  15. A

Much needed advice, what to expect, DEF Codes P20E8, Then U040F and P20BA

Hello, looking for advice and experience on what to expect in the land of DEF codes and full time van living.... EDIT to add: Van is 2016 2.1l om651 which apparently has connections exposed to elements… according to bobnoxious. My wife our two dogs and I live in our van full time in Maine, so...
  16. S

Rapid DEF Consumption

I have a 2014 Thor Siesta RV on a 2014 Sprinter 3500 chassis and have recently noticed a significant increase in our DEF consumption rate. I read there has been some talk of increased DEF consumption post-AEM modifications and am wondering if that is what I am experiencing or if this might be...
  17. V

Problem with 2014 2.1 Sprinter DEF Tank

Hi, DEF tank on my 2014 2.1 4 cylinder went bad and I got countdowns and things. I have Xentry with SD Connect 4 and I was trying to do regen, but every time I start doing that process it starts from 159%, I assume that it doesn't do that, due to faulty DEF Tank, which has a problem with a...
  18. van_bae

SPRINTER VAN PURCHASING

Hi there! I am VAN BAE also known as Alix and it is a pleasure to meet you all ;) I have been selling Mercedes-Benz Vans for almost 9 years in the Northeast, but not only do I sell vans, but I am an enthusiast who eat, sleeps, dreams, breathes VANS. I have a HUGE clientele, some of you may know...
  19. B

Additive System Fault message?

Has anyone seen this before? Manual says: "DEF is contaminated. Tank must be cleaned and refilled" I am suspicous it's something else in the DEF system - maybe a sensor???
  20. C

Faulty codes - what's going on?

We had a new stereo and back up camera professionally installed in our 2011 Freightliner Sprinter. Very soon after, codes started throwing about the DEF system. We have serviced and replaced everything indicated and the codes are still throwing. It's been to two dealerships and other mechanics...

Top Bottom