egr

1. L

Sprinter African tour - Please help

hi, I would very much appreciate it if an experienced member jumping to help. I am happy to compensate for your time. I own a 2007 w906 sprinter UK model, om646, Bosch ecu, CR4_NFZ. I have a clone Tactrix openport 2.0 Xentry passtrue installed with Dev Data Vedimao 4 also working I converted...
  2. B

Wrong fault codes. Black Smoke. Need help!!!

Hi. I have a MERCEDES-BENZ Sprinter 3.5-T Van (W906) 316 CDI 2.1 Diesel 2009 I have used injector cleaner and now have a lot of black smoke. Really wish I hadn't used it. The problem is that when I scan for fault codes (with ELM OBD2 ) it come up with: P2BAC [0x2BAC] Nitrogen oxides (NOx)...
  3. E

New EGR valve bad after 15k miles? EGR Cooler issue?

My 2016 Sprinter RV was suddenly jerking when accelerating or driving uphill. That was almost 2 years ago. I managed to get an appointment at an MB dealer and they found the EGR valve to be sticky and needing replacement. 9 months later and after several EGR valve cleanings which each lasted...
  4. N

Limp Home Mode and EGR Issues (P02457 and P0402)

Yesterday, I drove from SLC to Missoula and around Dillon my 2008 Dodge Sprinter and lost the ability to go over 45 miles per hour on flat and 25 mph up hills. I made it to Dillon and bought some Gumout carburetor cleaner and cleaned my carbon encrusted EGV valve(that was replaced less than a...
  5. M

2013 313 cdti 2.1 random loss of acceleration

As the subject states I have a problem with loss of power when accelerating. It happens randomly, sometimes fresh off the drive in the morning, sometimes after a long drive. It very rarely fixes itself whilst on the move. I struggle to get upto 3000 revs when it happens, and I slow to a crawl...
  6. brianzero

EGR Position - Open or Closed?

Hi All, I noticed the electrical EGR head was loose, as its connected with a few plastic retaining tabs. It easily popped off, and below it are two possible positions, what looks like EGR open and closed. My thinking is that I can leave the EGR head connected to the electrical, and just leave...
  7. R

Help needed. Long term issue with losing power and going into limp mode.

We've had an issue with our 2017 Sprinter we've been trying to get to the bottom of for about a year without success. Hoping somebody on here may be able to offer some wisdom. The basic problem is that the van regularly loses power, doesn't accelerate smoothly and goes into limp mode. It was...
  8. 7

Overboost, MAF, DPF fault codes and limp mode problems.

Been having issues with my beloved 2014 (906) 313 CDi for some time now and after pouring over these threads and visits to a few mechanics just cant seem to get to the bottom of this one. Hoping there's someone out there who may be able to give ,me a few pointers. A couple of months ago the...
  9. B

Limp home mode question 2007 Sprinter Thor RV

Hi, I have used this forum for some time and appreciate all the expertise the members have! I am currently having an issue with a 2007 Sprinter RV and I am a bit confused on the direction for me to go. The rig has less than 58k miles and was was recently bought several years ago with 51k on it...
  10. vgalx

2008 Dodge Mercedes sprinter 3500 in limp mode

Hey all I have a 2008 dodge Mercedes 3500 sprinter van. When I first purchased it, it was in LHM mode and had a bad limp I took it to a mechanic who worked on it for 8 months and partially fixed my turbo power but left me with a broken glow plug module issue and the van would not even start on...
  11. V

Cleaning EGR

I have a 2019 2500 with 30,000 miles. Last couple weeks the hesitation/jerking has increased making in town driving painful. I pulled the egr to clean to see how effective it would be. The van now drives perfect. I will likely clean the egr with every 10k mile oil change. Here is a picture of it...
  12. 5

EGR Replacement Time

I've replaced the EGR 4 years ago on our 2012 and I'm starting to get the same symptoms especially when I'm starting to accelerate coming out of a corner or up a hill - it just stalls for a millisecond and you get that shudder throughout the van. No dash lights as of yet. I called MB and they...
  13. SneakyAnarchistVanCamper

Sprinter How-To: Remove EGR Valve + Repair Stripped EGR bolts OM647 2004-2006

Greetings vanners. Been away from the forum for a while cause working on the van just got overwhelming and I've been focusing on other things. But the sprinter source is always a much appreciated resource and I try to give back to the community which has helped me so much. I'm back at it, and...
  14. J

Multiple Engine problems after gasoline in system

2007 Dodge sprinter NCV3, ECU EDC16CP31-8.30, no DPF, Swirl valve unconnected, tried attaching a resistor in the electrical connector. Main issue: with all sensors connected it reluctantly starts but dies after a few seconds, no throttle respons. if unplug MAF still reluctant to start but then...
  15. D

Dpf, EGR and SCR deleted in Edmonton

Offering DPF,EGR and SCR delete in Edmonton Also any other Mercedes or sprinter repairs Email for further inquiries Jakob.zumkeller@gmail.com Or call 780-934-4044
  16. imsebastian

Cleaning EGR to hopefully fix LHM - anything else to inspect?

Hey Folks- I'm the second owner of a well used 2007 Freightliner Sprinter, 3.0 V6 OM642 ~184k miles. Since getting the van I've replaced the rear end with a remanufactured unit, replaced the turbo (horrible shaft play), replaced the intake manifolds (swirl valve problems), glow plugs...
  17. mvgrasso

EGR Valve Open Circuit, and Other Electrical Gremlins

Hi All, I recently purchased a 2003 T1N OM612 Dodge Sprinter and am in need of some advice sorting out some electrical problems I have had. The van has a loss of power issue, that I suspect is a result of an EGR Valve Open Circuit code (P1043-8, EGR/ARF valve - Cable has Open circuit.) that I...
  18. D

Cleaned my sticky EGR valve and now it doesn't work at all.

My 2004 2500 only had issues going up some steeper hills in the summer heat, and not even all hills at that point. I decided to see if my EGR was beginning to gunk up. I removed it, saw that it was slightly sticky, but mostly clean. After I cleaned it, the fins snapped back successfully like...
  19. LucianNovo

Can’t solve P0401 problem- please help me!

I have a P0401 Code - EGR Flow Low Symptoms: The sprinter went into LHM (Limp Home Mode) when it went up a hill and after being on the freeway. When I turn the engine off, it squeaks to a stop When I start the car in the morning, the first key turn fails to start the car. But the second key...
  20. S

Uneven Idle 2005. No CEL.

Hello All! My wonderful van has recently developed an uneven idle only when warmed up to operating temp. Great power, mpg, starting, etc.... just the pesky idle when warm. Upon start when cold....idle is perfect. Van has 120,000 miles. Anyone experience these symptoms? So far, I've cleaned MAF...

Top Bottom