wiring

1. CThompsonX2

Wiring 12v LED puck lights to the starter batter-feedback please!

We're building out a weekender with VERY minimal electrical needs. I have a Max air fan and the Espar heater already running off the starter battery. I'm hoping to do the same with 10 LED puck lights. Anything else will plug into a bluetti/jackery thing. Ok so I know very little about...
  2. D

Rigid (Class B) vs Flexible (Class D or Higher) Stranded Wire

Hi all, new to the forum here. I've done a lot of reading on which type of electrical wire to use and while there's ample sites/blogs/video etc. which state "stranded over solid", none of them specify which grade of stranded should be used. I picked up some stranded wire and discovered it was...
  3. DFALT

Resoldering OBDII

Two months ago, I purchased a 2011 Bluetec Sprinter Van 2500 Extended from a private seller. The van was previously used by Fedex. I have encountered a problem that I really need help figuring out: Recently, the check engine light illuminated, and the van began to jerk while driving home. Since...
  4. DFALT

Ignition Issues / 2011 Bluetec Sprinter

Let me share a bit of my background story to provide some context: Around two months ago, I embarked on the journey of converting my first Sprinter van into a camper. It had 74K miles on it and came with a 4-year warranty due to a recall. The previous owner mentioned that they had recently...
  5. R

T1N Looking for wiring between ECU and Cruise Control

Installing cruise control on a 2006 Dodge Sprinter 2500. Ideally looking for the wiring with pins that slots into the ecu connector and plugs into the cruise control lever. Or at least the ECU pins/connector. Thanks
  6. J

Drivers door wiring help

I’m looking to install an interruption switch on the door closed line to basically spoof the door opening and closing when the van is stopped. To completely switch off the ignition and stop the door chimes on the other doors. There are four wires going into the unit, green, grey, brown and...
  7. Hodakaguy

Installing VS30 (2019 - Current) seats in an NCV3 (2007 - 2018) Sprinter

Installing VS30 (2019 - Current) seats in an NCV3 (2007 - 2018) Sprinter along with Apline Mechanism Swivels. I recently scored two brand new take out front seats from a 2022 VS30 Sprinter for $100 each with a plan to install them in my 2017 VS30. The seats came complete with air bags but the...
  8. cwp

Misc Electrical Material (SOLD)

Completed my buildout and have some leftover electrical material. Asking $20 OBO, plus shipping. Included: cable wrap 12V light misc. connectors Anchor wiring in: 12 AWG 16 AWG 18AWG Standard 12GA and 14GA primary wire
  9. G

Cold Call - Pun Intended!

Hi there, Yes, I know… Another Espar D2 question??!! My apologies up front, but, please, hear me out. I’m in the infancy of a camper build on my 2022 144” 4x4. I’ve recently physically mounted my Espar D2 heater under the passenger seat, run the fuel line, and run the wiring harnesses. My...
  10. georgeSJC

Alternator charging cut off?

Hello all, thanks in advance for any insights from community. Wiring question. As I plan our vans electrical setup I have arrived at a question related to alternator charging as a source of juice. Given that this connection can put a strain on your OEM alternator I am somewhat reluctant to pipe...
  11. P

Electrical problem after dpf regeneration

Hi everyone, My van Sprinter 314 2017 went into dpf regeneration mode this morning. As I didn’t have to drive very far I was just sitting and keeping the revs up, done that before, it was all fine. All of a sudden instrument cluster dies, all needles drop to zero and whole bunch of lights...
  12. G

Espar D2 - Wiring Digimax 1000 to Main Harness

Hi there, First time, long time. I’ve just gotten my Espar D2 heater physically mounted inside the passenger seat pedestal in my VS30. I’ve just started this build and am looking at the task of wiring the DM-1000 controller to the main wiring harness. As you’ll see in the pics, the...
  13. T

Switch wiring for DC-DC charger

Hello. I have a Renogy 40A DC to DC charger that connects to my alternator (2019 Sprinter 170). The charger has a switch which is active when connected to 12V. It is currently wired to the positive wires that enter my charger. This is working completely fine and I am able to switch on and off...
  14. H

VS30: 2019+ FVG GZ Yeti Integration Wire Harnesses (Only)

FVG Yeti integration kit wires only.
  15. T

Please Review Electrical Diagram

Kind Sprinter Community, Would you please review this diagram for how I plan to configure our electrical system, and let me know if you see any issues or opportunities for improvement? Thank you in advance. I know a lot of these are submitted to the forum, and folks are probably sick of...
  16. T

Connector type - Side door

Hi folks Just bought a 313CDI LWB Hi-Top Sprinter and the side door is not auto locking etc. After closer inspection the anchor point for the cable chain was broken and has jammed at some stage ripping the cables out of the back of the connector. I've fixed the anchor point but need to repair...
  17. C

120 volt wiring

Hey guys, do you typically hardwire your permanent 120v appliances (specifically an induction cooktop and Bosch water heater) directly to your AC distribution panel / breaker box, or do you wire 120v outlets and plug these into those outlets - and why? Does it even matter? Thanks!
  18. T

No-Drill Outside to Inside Wiring?

Hey y'all! I've got a MobileMark antenna that I am going to be mounting on my roof and need to run seven USB cable-sized wires into my van. Is there any way to get these into my van without drilling?
  19. B

Solar panel wires to under passenger seat

I have two LIfeline 6v batteries and a Victron battery shunt monitor under the passenger seat of my 2004 Dodge Sprinter/2005 Airstream. I am excited to add a couple panels on the front of my roof (the AC and fan use up most of the back real estate) and to keep the whole system under the...
  20. S

Wire, Fuse, Relay Advice For Custom Auxiliary Horn

I am in the process of installing a custom auxiliary horn, similar to the one shown in this video. I am a total novice when it comes to electrical wiring and was hoping to start off with a relatively simple project to get my feet wet. I did some searching within this forum, but wasn't able to...

Top Bottom