venting

1. J

Floor vent

Can anyone share their experiences using/making floor vents? I'm debating between a DIY hole with a screen or a 6" deck plate. I like the idea of DIY because I want the removable piece to be insulated and blend in with the flooring when not in use. But the deck plate just seems a tad easier to...
  2. J

Fans and Ventilation

Any recommendations for the best fan/vent setup for a 144" cargo? I spend a lot of time in the south and am worried about warmer temps. Will definitely have one good fan, but am trying to avoid windows for stealth reasons. Would two fans in a 144" help (with 200-300 watts of solar) or would...
  3. S

Maxxair Maxxfan Deluxe Transparency Comparison

I originally bought a Maxxfan vent fan with the white hood but wasn't happy with the light that it let through so I replaced it with a smoked hood. While I had the hoods (covers, lids) off, I took some photos to try and show how they compare as I (surprisingly) couldn't find a comparison on the...
  4. J

Ventilation Fan- Do I need exhaust and intake options?

I am working on my 2006 Sprinter conversion, and I am researching which ventilation fan to buy. It seems like most people like the Fan-tastic and MaxxAir fans. I understand why it is important to have the fan to pull air out (exhaust), but I am wondering if it is worth the extra money to have...
  5. Thanasis

Ventilation

To improve ventilation in the van, I punched 3 holes on the vertical of the sliding door step, just below the 12v refrigerator enclosure. The holes are 1 3/4in in diameter. I used rubber grommets to line the circumference. I built an aluminum frame that holds a rectangular piece of galvanized...

Top Bottom