solar rv conversion

1. J

Mercedes Sprinter 3-Season to 4-Season upgrade inquiry

My wife and I purchased an already converted 3-season 2022 Mercedes Sprinter 170wb high roof over the summer that we’d like to use during the winter snowboarding season. Super green to rv life so am trying to learn all there is to learn. It’s off grid capable with 4 mounted solar panels, 300 amp...
  2. C

Rear Air-conditioning Delete / Add Maxxair + Solar

Ok I finally did it this weekend. After 2 years of enjoying summer and not working too much on the van. I pulled off the factory rear air-conditioner (after having it professionally decommissioned at the compressor with smaller belt and emptying the system). (BTW van is out of warranty.)...
  3. S

2003, Remodeled in 2017 Sprinter RV Conversion

2003 Freightliner. Chassis Remodeled in 2017 Powered by the Mercedes Benz 2.7 liter Turbo diesel. 158 (Almost 22ft) High Ceilings, Class B. 20-22 MPG highway. 83,000 miles on engine. New features in Chassis: -New beautiful flooring -Never been used 2 burner gas stove -Waeco Dometic CoolMatic...
  4. T

Terrible Construction on Mercedes Charge Relay

I wanted to be able to manually connect my car battery/alternator to my RV house battery pack with a switch. There is a factory option with docs available on how to do that here: http://www.sprinter-rv.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Aux-battery-retrofit-guideline-NCV3.pdf ...which, overall, is...
  5. B

Solar Questions

We currently building out a ford conversion van into a small livable space to travel in over the next year or so. We have a couple question concerning our actual solar needs. We are planning on installing flexible solar panels on the roof of our van and would love some advice/ opinions...
  6. A

Another Solar/electrical review

After much research and prying open of the wallet for my ultra cheap build I have decided to jump in on the solar/electric route with propane/engine coolant for cooking/water heating. Please take a look at my electric design and let me know if there is anything I'm missing or make...
  7. D

Recommended vendors for solar/inverter/battery placement

I apologize in advance if this topic has been addressed directly. If these questions annoy you please move on - no need to flame me. I am converting a cargo van for use as cycling event display and personal camper (when not working). I have extensive experience with various live aboard horse...
  8. S

How are your solar panels mounted?

I'm about to start a DIY Sprinter RV conversion. (05, 3500, 158") I'm very interested in going all electric, but I've read about solar efficiency / life span effected by overheating. Also, mounting anything to the exterior of the vehicle will increase drag and lower fuel economy. So, how...

Top Bottom