Blinker Mania!

So I have seen a few posts about blinkers and wipers working and quitting intermittently and now it has happened to me. I was sitting trying to make a left turn one blink two blink and then nothing. I tried all the normal avenues such as fuses, relays, bulbs etc. All work good so I checked old threads here on the forum saw that the fuse block could be the culprit, tore it apart pc board and fuse holders are fine. I also saw that junk falls in by the hazard light so I pulled that whole assembly off (including the black box with the electrical contacts) and cleaned it, put it all back together and now if I wiggle the blinker (while in the left position ) I get a normal clicking, like the blinker is working but no lights. I am hoping for more suggestions or a wiring diagram. I would love a service manual and would be willing to buy it if any knows where I could go to purchase it. Its a 2004 lowboy van.

Riptide

I just had my 2004 fixed for a similar problem. It was the multifunction switch. The relay would click, and the lights worked fine, as evidenced by the hazards working just fine. But the left turn signal contact in the multifunction switch was boogered up...

Nothing 200 bucks couldn't fix:eek:

Hey riptide do you have a part number or a name of the assembly? :drool:
I did tear that all apart and found that inside the wiper, hazard and light housing behind the steering wheel there are contacts with little dips and springs and I cleaned it all up but underneath the blinker side of that assembly there is a box with all the contact stuff and I just didnt dare to go any further I am sure that is where the problem lies! But for two hundred bucks I will just replace it. Thanks

Maxertz, I have downloaded the 05 manual but is that the same as my 04 and is there an 04 on the download page I am just not seeing?:thinking:

Oh update on the blinker mania: I ordered the blinker/wiper control thats behind the steering wheel. My rational for doing this is, when I removed that assembly and took it apart to clean it out there was a lot of gunk in there and I was not brave enough to tear past the first layer and get to the little black box under the light pivot slider but once I install the new one (154.00) I will tear it down and possibly refurb for a back up!

Hoorah! :smilewink: The left side lives again!
Replacement bulbs (broke them when removing) 12.00
A few hours of frustration, and head scratching 50.00
New light control and 53 minutes to install 154.00 plus my labor
Functional left side blinkers PRICELESS!

Big Thanks to the forum and all the info, fine work lads! :thumbup:

maxextz

Rollin Rollin Rollin.....
Hoorah! :smilewink: The left side lives again!
Replacement bulbs (broke them when removing) 12.00
A few hours of frustration, and head scratching 50.00
New light control and 53 minutes to install 154.00 plus my labor
Functional left side blinkers PRICELESS!

Big Thanks to the forum and all the info, fine work lads! :thumbup:
well done :hmmm:

12 something for bulbs? i thought i lived in a very expensive country:thinking:

my hazard lights still dont work anymore so maybe i will be following your experience.:popcorn:
max.........:shifty:

0407 sprinter

Just food for thought My 04 blinker stopped today, I looked for the relay didn't find it. Went back out on another call, turned on the flashers they work, so while they were on I turned on the blinker then turned off the flashers, blinker stayed on 4 that side and now both work. Gotta love the computer integrated stuff.

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Maxertz, I have downloaded the 05 manual but is that the same as my 04 and is there an 04 on the download page I am just not seeing?:thinking:
They are the same for the most part with some minor differences. Some of the information is incorrect, so don't believe 100% in everything you find in there. Just 98% should suffice.

Did you guys run out of blinker fluid? ;)
Ciprian,
I can't believe you'd post that without including the MB fluid spec number from the Bevo site! (Good one. I'm still chuckling.)

I had problems with my turn signal which was cured by wiggling the harness.

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7909

I should be embarrassed to admit this, but we're almost family here so most of you know I'm that brother who will put things off:shhh:, so here goes. I haven't done anything with my turn signal problem since late September when it gave it me trouble. I looked into removing the fuse block and checking the relay socket, but that looks like a pretty a big project... after all the signals have been working. I'm living on the edge all because I'm lazy.:bash: AP/vic

Top Bottom