Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter RV's & Conversions Talk

Sprinter RV's & Conversions Talk Common features found in Sprinter RV's and Conversions.

Old 11-26-2009, 06:24 AM   #41
scubanw3

Default Re: Swivel seat adapters: you get what you pay for?

The Reimos that we currently have available are for the 07 and newer. We have one 02-06 Sportcraft passenger side swivel available. It is 2Ē thick. Hope this helps.

Thank you, John
Sprinter Store
http://sprinterstore.com/
A division of Upscale Automotive, Inc.
19460 SW 89th Ave.
Tualatin, OR 97062
503-692-0846
scubanw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 06:11 AM   #42
Hikinginpdx
Sprinter is for sale

John set us up with a pair the Reimo swivels and finally we got around to installing at least the passenger side. Very nice product.

Build quality is great, smooth action, German instructions which were useless, but easy to install. The seat was already out due to the installation of an audio amp, installing the swivel added maybe 15 minutes to the reassembly.

I believe that we'll be trimming the plastic skirt off the seat, otherwise this side is done. As it is now, we have to raise the seat position to clear a stopper bolt. When facing backwards, my feet donít touch the cargo floor and Iím pushing 6í. After the trimming, we should be able to slide the seat forward and swivel without opening the door or readjusting the seat height.

When I look to the driver's side I'm wondering about the brake handle repositioning. With the brake engaged there are several inches of handle that are in the way. How low can the handle be lowered and how is everything mounted to the pedestal? Does anyone have a picture of a their repositioned brake and does the seat clear the swivel

Swivel-0365.jpg
Hikinginpdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:48 PM   #43
nicollet

I bought the Discount Truck swivel in December, it was the only one I could get delivered before going on our trip. As it was, it got delivered two days before departure day, so I ended up taking it with us and installing it on the campground. Bought only one, for the passenger seat.
The swivel is not nearly as nice and refined as the one in the pic shown above, it is more 'robust' if you will, I really like it. Looks don't matter as the item is buried.
I had to file a few holes on the swivel as they didn't match up with the base and the seat, and the nuts and bolts that came in the package were not match (bolts were metric and nuts were standard). But these minor issues aside, I'm very happy with the purchase.
This might be the best mod so far.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00122.jpg (61.1 KB, 938 views)
Old 01-17-2010, 05:29 PM   #44
NBB

I also ordered a swivel from Discount, but immediatly cancelled after reading some things here. Making good decisions w/o actually seeing the items is tough. For some reason, they sent them to me anyway. Not knowing what was in the package, I opened and checked it out, then called to have them send FedEx back out. I ended up with the Reimo swivels.

I can say, the Discount swivels are definitely not as heavy as the Reimos. Also, for the extra money of the Reimo, you are getting way, way more value per dollar. The construction quality and design details are night and day. If someone were able to post a close-up of the Discount swivel as was done above for the Reimo, so you could see the cuts in the metal, the weld quality, how straight the parts are after assy, the design details (or lack of...) etc - you'd see a really big difference.

If the Reimo was correctly priced at $270, then the Discounts should be around $50 (or less) in comparison.

Not that the Discount won't work fine if you go this route - they were indeed also pretty heavy - just the opinion of someone who got to handle both.
NBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NBB For This Useful Post:
Hikinginpdx (01-17-2010)
Old 01-18-2010, 09:10 PM   #45
d_bertko

I've got a Discount passenger side swivel.

This is not a high-tech part. The Discount model is quite heavy-duty. I'd think anything heavier is wasted weight. Fit and finish on the Discount is not the same as the Reimo but I can't see how it matters in the least.

Spend the larger $$$ if it makes you happy.
d_bertko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:03 PM   #46
NBB

Just installed my Reimos this afternoon.

1) The E-Brake. I was worried about this based on posts here. It was easy. I didn't do anything except install the supplied adapter and then belt sand a little clearance into the plastic trim. It's fine. It's just fine. Nothing more to do here. The whole thing took me 5-10 mins. It would be nice if one could leave the brake engaged, but it ain't going to happen.

2) Height - just when I was about to trim the plastic on both sides of my seat away, I finally discovered that lever doesn't just jack the seat forward and backward - it's a full height adjustment for the seat. Wow, what a seat! I have the "B" package seats. SO...just raise the seat up before you swivel. Check. Again, it's just fine. It's just a camp chair. For driving, and for reaching the e-brake while driving, lower the seat back to wherever you want it. I could be into trimming the plastic away at some point - we'll see. It's not necessary, though.

I didn't find I needed to open the door on either side. I could get around the stop bolt by moving the seat all the way back, then slightly forward as I start the swivel.

Easiest thing I've done to this van. High quality parts that fit right and installed easily. If everything about converting these rigs was this easy, I'd have 8 of them done by now.
The Following User Says Thank You to NBB For This Useful Post:
chuck noris (04-27-2016)
Old 01-25-2010, 12:10 AM   #47
Mrdi

NBB
So... The drivers seat swivels easily as long as the E Brake is down?

After the seat is swiveled the E-Brake is non functional until you return the drivers seat to the
normal drive position?
Southern California
Mrdi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrdi For This Useful Post:
coachconverter (02-24-2013)
Old 01-25-2010, 12:24 AM   #48
NBB

Yes, and maybe. You could probably reengage the brake at some point, depending on the position of the seat.

I think one would have to lower and rotate the handle significantly more to be able to have it engaged while rotating the seat.

My brake is pretty tight, too, just 960 miles on the van. Tighten that thing up much more and risk the brake rubbing and getting hot.

Not sure what the RV manufacturers do. Might be something to check out next time I'm at a dealer. Seems the high end customer would want that brake to work while swiveling. I'm not seeing it w/o some compromise, though.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:29 AM   #49
Hubert

I know that for sure there is OEM fixed E-brake handle for swivel driver seat, at least in Europe, unfortunetly I can't find it to show you.
VW LT 35 2.5 TDI 109HP 2001 170" MINI BUS

www.bus-maniac.pl
Hubert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:28 PM   #50
newrivermike

I just got the passenger side swivel from discountvantruck.com. Overall, quite dissatisfied. I can reiterate many of the complaints on here. The bolt holes didn't line up and had to be redrilled which was difficult because they were about 1/2 inch off so I just had to 'rub' the drill bit against the side of the hole to elongate it. The bolts that came with the kit didn't fit through the factory seat holes and those had to be drilled out. Once installed, the bolts that came with the kit were too long and had to be hacksawed off to get the seat to spin. The first time I spun it I learned that the door has to be open or you'll scratch the plastic on the door which I did. The height difference is significant and now it feels like you're sitting in a big rig without you're feet touching the floor. It's in and works so I'm going to keep it but to sum up in one word my thoughts on this conversion part....ghetto. Very poor quality. And another thing: It took over two weeks before the part was even shipped. I will definitely not buy one for the drivers side.
newrivermike is offline   Reply With Quote