beeping noise by the air filter

jerms

i was starting to replace my battery and noticed a beeping coming from near the air filter... it starts slow and then gets faster.... any ideas?

edit: i just discovered that pushing the brake pedal makes it stop..... this is all with the engine off

Last edited:

NelsonSprinter

Former Nelson BC Sprinter
I imagine the ABS pump is relieving brake fluid pressure if it's a pulsing sound , not an electronic horn sound.

Nautamaran

2004 140” HRC 2500 (Crewed)
What year? If a pre-2004 it could be the reserve vacuum "leaking away" from the air duct recirculate flap or the turbo actuator??
Pressing the brake pedal would use up the reserve vacuum after a pump or two and the noise would stop...

-dave

What year? If a pre-2004 it could be the reserve vacuum "leaking away" from the air duct recirculate flap or the turbo actuator??
Pressing the brake pedal would use up the reserve vacuum after a pump or two and the noise would stop...

-dave
Even post 2004 could still have a vacuum system related noise. The brake boost and HVAC controls are vacuum controlled.

But the OM612 system does have that vacuum control mounted basically right under the air filter. :thumbup:

:2cents: vic

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
My Turbo jetta (vacuum controlled turbo/EGR) makes a beeping/ hiss/whine for about 10 second after shutdown. I have a vacuum leak somewhere.

Top Bottom