Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Airstream > Sprinter Westfalia

Old 09-14-2009, 07:59 PM   #1
Zach Woods
Super Moderator

Default Westfalia Repair CD

Howdy Westy Owners!

I am uploading the english language Westfalia Service Manual CD here in a split .ZIP archive format so everyone can download it if they do not have it already. I believe that this is the whole CD.

Follow the directions with each post exactly and then use an archive software program like WinZip to extract these files into a format that you could use from your hard drive or burnt to a CD.

1. download the attached "Westy_CD_split.zip" file.

2. follow the directions in the next post in this thread to download the next archive file.

Zach
Attached Files
File Type: zip Westy_CD_split.zip (1.18 MB, 596 views)
Zach Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zach Woods For This Useful Post:
coloradobjj (01-25-2017), tfrazie (02-16-2010)
Old 09-14-2009, 08:04 PM   #2
Zach Woods
Super Moderator

Default Re: Westfalia Repair CD

Hello Again Westy Owners -

Here is the second post in the Westfalia Service Manual CD thread.

Follow the directions with each post exactly and then use an archive software program like WinZip to extract these files into a format that you could use from your hard drive or burnt to a CD.

1. download the attached "Westy_CD_split.z01.zip" file.

2. rename the just downloaded "Westy_CD_split.z01.zip" file to "Westy_CD_split.z01". In other words, remove the ".zip" extension.

3. follow the directions in the next post in this thread to download the next archive file.

Zach
Attached Files
File Type: zip Westy_CD_split.z01.zip (10.00 MB, 312 views)
Old 09-14-2009, 08:06 PM   #3
Zach Woods
Super Moderator

Here is the third post in the Westfalia Service Manual CD thread.

1. download the attached "Westy_CD_split.z02.zip" file.

2. rename the just downloaded "Westy_CD_split.z02.zip" file to "Westy_CD_split.z02". In other words, remove the ".zip" extension.

3. follow the directions in the next post in this thread to download the next archive file.

Zach
Attached Files
File Type: zip Westy_CD_split.z02.zip (10.00 MB, 237 views)
Old 09-14-2009, 08:07 PM   #4
Zach Woods
Super Moderator

Here is the fourth post in the Westfalia Service Manual CD thread.

1. download the attached "Westy_CD_split.z03.zip" file.

2. rename the just downloaded "Westy_CD_split.z03.zip" file to "Westy_CD_split.z03". In other words, remove the ".zip" extension.

Zach
Attached Files
File Type: zip Westy_CD_split.z03.zip (10.00 MB, 202 views)
Old 09-14-2009, 08:17 PM   #5
Zach Woods
Super Moderator

Here is the fifth post in the Westfalia Service Manual CD thread.

1. download the attached "Westy_CD_split.z04.zip" file.

2. rename the just downloaded "Westy_CD_split.z04.zip" file to "Westy_CD_split.z04". In other words, remove the ".zip" extension.

3. if you have followed the directions in each of the five posts so far (in other words downloaded all five .ZIP archives, and renamed the last four archives as directed), then you are ready to extract the files from the split .ZIP archive. If not, go back to the first post in this thread and start there again.

4. open the "Westy_CD_split.zip" archive file to extract all of the documents from all of the files at one time. If you have downloaded WinZip (http://www.winzip.com/index.htm) and installed it you can just double-click on the "Westy_CD_split.zip" archive file to achieve this. You may also be able to use a different archive software program than WinZip if you prefer it but not all of them will work with split archives. The archives needed to be split because of a 10MB .ZIP archive file size limit on uploads to Sprinter-Source.

5. double click on the index.html file located in the Westy CD folder that was the result of the extraction (or open the index.html file from within your favorite browser if you prefer).

6. if you bump into any problems please post the problems / your questions as replies to this post (in this thread) so that others can benefit from any further instructions if they are needed.

Zach
Attached Files
File Type: zip Westy_CD_split.z04.zip (10.00 MB, 221 views)
Old 09-30-2009, 08:35 PM   #6
VanSyncro

Zach:
You should close this and make it sticky.

Van
VanSyncro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:45 AM   #7
Zach Woods
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSyncro View Post
Zach:
You should close this and make it sticky.

Van
Hi Van -

I'll take your suggestion and modify it a bit. Just in case there is new and important info that someone has to add to this thread, I will keep it open.

But I will post a link to this thread in the Key Airstream Sprinter Westfalia Links thread which is already "stickied".

Thanks for the idea collaboration!

Zach
Old 02-10-2010, 01:54 PM   #8
Zach Woods
Super Moderator

Howdy Folks -

Note #6 in my quoted post below. Let's try to post questions and problems on this thread so ALL can benefit from them and one reply in one place can answer any questions that turn up for multiple folks.

I have received a number of questions about this Westfalia Service Manual and am going to try to answer them all here.

One person bumped into the following problem(s):

I get error messages when unzipping
xtracting to "C:\Documents and Settings\Rob admin\My Documents\Unzipped\Westy_CD_split.zip\"
Use Path: yes Overlay Files: no
Error in file #1: bad Zip file offset (Error local header signature not found): disk #1 offset: 4
Error in file #2: bad Zip file offset (Error local header signature not found): disk #1 offset: 48
Error in file #3: bad Zip file offset (Error local header signature not found): disk #1 offset: 98
Error in file #4: bad Zip file offset (Error local header signature not found): disk #1 offset: 150
Error in file #5: bad Zip file offset (Error local header signature not found): disk #1 offset: 205
Error in file #6: bad Zip file offset (Error local header signature not found): disk #1 offset: 263
Error in file #7: bad Zip file offset (Error local header signature not found): disk #1 offset: 324
Error in file #8: bad Zip file offset (Error local header signature not found): disk #1 offset: 1213

My questions are:

1. Did you rename the .z0x.zip files to their correct .z0x file extensions?

2. Did you download all 5 of the .zip archive files and are they all located in the same folder on your hard drive?

3. What version of WinZip are you using? I just downloaded all of the files to test and found that by following the directions and using WinZip 10 it is working fine.

Another had the following happen:

Tried to download repair CD several times w/ 2 different computers but WinZip 14 could't open it. Talked to their rep who said it was fault w/CD. If you could burn me one and send it I'd be happy to pay for it.

My questions (and responses) are:

1. Did you rename the .z0x.zip files to their correct .z0x file extensions?

2. Did you download all 5 of the .zip archive files and are they all located in the same folder on your hard drive?

3. Have you tried it with an earlier version of WinZip or an alternative archive extraction program?

a. It is not a fault with the CD - at this point there is no CD involved in any of this and I've never had the CD myself as I downloaded the files from a web space that someone else had uploaded the contents of their CD to. (Also see my #3 in answer to the first question above.)

b. Anyone that wants me to burn a CD and send it out should know ahead of time that my rates are $100/hr and on top of the cost of purchasing a CD I will be adding a $10 shipping charge. Given that you can get it for free here I would think that would be more cost effective!

I'll answer any and all future questions on this topic that are posted here. Please don't send private messages or emails as then any one with similar questions in future doesn't get the benefit of your questions and any answers that turn up.

If someone wants to buy WinZip 14 for me (I think it costs $29.95) I would be more than willing to test the process I outlined in my posts to this thread using that version.

Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach Woods View Post

Here is the fifth post in the Westfalia Service Manual CD thread.

1. download the attached "Westy_CD_split.z04.zip" file.

2. rename the just downloaded "Westy_CD_split.z04.zip" file to "Westy_CD_split.z04". In other words, remove the ".zip" extension.

3. if you have followed the directions in each of the five posts so far (in other words downloaded all five .ZIP archives, and renamed the last four archives as directed), then you are ready to extract the files from the split .ZIP archive. If not, go back to the first post in this thread and start there again.

4. open the "Westy_CD_split.zip" archive file to extract all of the documents from all of the files at one time. If you have downloaded WinZip (http://www.winzip.com/index.htm) and installed it you can just double-click on the "Westy_CD_split.zip" archive file to achieve this. You may also be able to use a different archive software program than WinZip if you prefer it but not all of them will work with split archives. The archives needed to be split because of a 10MB .ZIP archive file size limit on uploads to Sprinter-Source.

5. double click on the index.html file located in the Westy CD folder that was the result of the extraction (or open the index.html file from within your favorite browser if you prefer).

6. if you bump into any problems please post the problems / your questions as replies to this post (in this thread) so that others can benefit from any further instructions if they are needed.

Zach
Old 02-10-2010, 06:49 PM   #9
MrTomacco
Mr. Tommaco

I am using winzip ver. 14 free trial version using wizard & XP SP3. My folder displays the the following and lists the file type as zip:
Westy_CD_split
Westy_CD_split.z01
Westy_CD_split.z02
Westy_CD_split.z03
Westy_CD_split.z04

I had removed the .zip but if I cut and paste the file names into word they show up with the .zip on the end of the file name. If I try to rename them, it does not show the .zip

Originally I had Westy_CD_split.zip listed and when I ran it it showed up as Westy_CD_split.zip.zip in winzip. I re ran Winzip after removing a .zip and got:
"The next part of this archive in the location you specified does not appear to be different from the last part that was processed, do you wish to continue?" Won't work choosing yes or no. I will try downloading again as it sounds like maybe I got 2 files the same but named different?

Rob
MrTomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:28 PM   #10
MrTomacco
Mr. Tommaco

Default Re: Westfalia Repair CD sucess!

The .zip.zip was the clue. XP was not letting me remove the .zip extention, it did not show it, but listed the file type as zip. DOS to the rescue! Click Start, RUN, type in CMD to get to DOS. Use CD to change to the directory where you have the files. DIR to see the files. Then rename by typing REN file1 file2 where file1 has the .zip extension and file 2 does not. This will remove the .zip. When looking at the folder XP then says it is a z01, z02 etc file type now, not a zip file type and the winzip 14 free trial unzipped with no problem.

Thanks for making it available and helping us figure it out.

Rob B.
Westy newbie
MrTomacco is offline   Reply With Quote