new to the sprinter from the transit

teddybear

Hello all:rad:
Ive looked through a lot of post before making my debut post.
Ive had my 02 reg 311cdi lwb for 6 months and love it.
Ive had transit vans for years and this is the only van ive had that i realy want to drive apart from going to and from work. I found this site after typing sprinter questions and answers into google because from the famous knocking on the front suspension etc and am wondering if the ball joints have gone. The van has done 99k and is in very clean nick apart form this annoying sound when i go over bumps.?? i have read the other posts regarding this problem but any more advice would be much appreciated:thumbup:

maxextz

Rollin Rollin Rollin.....
welcome to the forum:thumbup: and congratulations on changing to a sprinter i used to have transits but they dont compare to the sprinter in any way, your problem could be balljoints or roll bar bushings have you looked at the bushings? if worn they will look cracked and very dry its easy to change them but the balljoints is a bit more difficult you will need a 7ton press.

enjoy your sprinter and your time here.:cheers:

max........

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hello all:rad:
Ive looked through a lot of post before making my debut post.
Ive had my 02 reg 311cdi lwb for 6 months and love it.
Ive had transit vans for years and this is the only van ive had that i realy want to drive apart from going to and from work. I found this site after typing sprinter questions and answers into google because from the famous knocking on the front suspension etc and am wondering if the ball joints have gone. The van has done 99k and is in very clean nick apart form this annoying sound when i go over bumps.?? i have read the other posts regarding this problem but any more advice would be much appreciated:thumbup:
Welcome to the forum
ball joints maybe but put it up on the four poster rack and grab a tire hard swing if you hear a clunk and can see the ball joints separate then they may well be shot or listen for cluck in the power steering rack most likely cause.
exchange racks are available in the UK and Australia via Mercedes dealerships about 2 grand installed better than paying up to five grand for a brand new one. , you could get one from the brickyard but there is no real way of knowing how good they are as the prices range from a grand to 1500 if you can find one of course.
Richard

joboman

I don't know how good they are, but O'Reilly Automotive in the US has remanufactured R&P's for $587.99. Probably doesn't help you at all, but in case someone else looks for a R&P in the US, they can search for this thread.

Top Bottom