White color Sprinter vs other colors

maxzoom

2006 T1N 118" + 2006 T1N 140" + 2005 T1N 118"
I have a white 2005 Sprinter passenger van. The paint easily chips and there are many spots of rust. The other day I was looking at a neighbors 2004 blue and 2005 red color Sprinter. There was very little rust and where the paint had chipped I could see a white undercoat.

So is one better off buying a non-white Sprinter? Do these Sprinters have an extra coat of paint?

Last edited:

TimJuhl

I have to agree that the paint on white sprinters leaves something to be desired. I've cleaned rust and touched up a few chips and painted over the spot welds on my roof already. I'm embarrassed by the commercial sprinters I see on the road with streaks of rust from stone chips and the like. Their poor appearance cannot be a great selling point to someone thinking of buying a sprinter. I have to believe that sprinters that have a topcoat over the white must hold up better.

My 1998 Chevy Blazer has plenty of chips but few have developed any rust. I'm going to talk to my paint shop and see what they can do to protect the paint thats there.

Tim

ducsingle

I have a blue 2006, and the paint still sucks. I assumed it would need a re-spray within a few years when I bought it a few months ago.

sprinter77

badboy
Hi everybody :smilewink:
Maybe blue or red or green or black are better than white :hmmm: but i like to see Sprinter in all colors ; instead it is very important to the care and treatment you devoted to the paint :rant:
I am very satisfied with my original Artic white paint for 11 years and only a few parts have been repaint of my Sprinter because of scratches during working but he continues to shine and has only few little signs of rust but not seen because they are at the lowest.
I polished it about 1 time at year. i doing this work meticulously by my hands :drool: first with mercedes polish cleaning wax and then with krytox dupont for shine and protects it from the bad weather, sunshine, salt, etc. etc... ( waterproof also remains it), this treatment is very important for the duration of the paint over the years.:eek:
And if your colored paint is ugly in a short time has perhaps suffered the chemical acidity or salt or you have been a long time without washing your Sprinter and now no longer clean :laughing: but do not worry about your paint can go back to shine, if it is polished with the best products and the best efforts.
For the stone chips i dont know how you can repair ;those are the signs of kilometers miles of our faithful Sprinter:bash: also I have a little collection of those on my bonnet :idunno: are like the wrinkles of old age in humans. :smirk:

Gabriel :popcorn:

I am not find a picture of the cleaning polish wax Mercedes that i use but here the Kritox Dupont :thumbup:

Attachments

Last edited:

maxextz

Rollin Rollin Rollin.....
gabriel very funny:lol:

i think all the sprinters are white and then painted over with whatever colour they want, mine is white and its crap rust spots everywhere from the first year onwards:censored:

famof8

Famof8 + 1 = Famof9!
You would be amazed at what a bottle of Clorox Cleanup with Bleach will do to a poor old white paint job. I thought my brother-in-law was nuts the first time he used it on a poorly maintained cargo van that he had been assigned. The paint was badly oxidized and just looked aweful. A little Clorox Cleanup and some elbow grease and the thing shined good as new. Word of caution... be sure to wash and wax the vehicle shortly after. The paint attracts everything after the application of the cleaner. Once washed and waxed it stay looking good as new. :thumbup:

BULBASOR

BULBASOR has the stock white paint and I too am not happy with the quality of the paint job - it's one of the first things my wife and I discussed when he got BULBASOR :

"Hey Daddy! I think this car looks like a Bulbasor!"

"Very nice dear" . . . "Hey - you know what the hell a Bulbasor is??"

"Beats me but I guess they must be big and white?"

"Hey what about that crappy white DODGE paint?"
"Yeah! It's just as bad as the crappy white stock paint that was on our Dodge Dakota!"

"Yeah !! It's sure a good thing we had the Dakota repainted in Ford Wimbledon White! Much better color! So when do we get this van painted a new color??"

"As soon as we get home, Honey"!

"Hey Daddy! What's that? A big deer?"

"AAAAAAAH! LOOK OUT!" . . . .

:shifty:

I still gotta get a new paint job.

maxextz

Rollin Rollin Rollin.....
You would be amazed at what a bottle of Clorox Cleanup with Bleach will do to a poor old white paint job. I thought my brother-in-law was nuts the first time he used it on a poorly maintained cargo van that he had been assigned. The paint was badly oxidized and just looked aweful. A little Clorox Cleanup and some elbow grease and the thing shined good as new. Word of caution... be sure to wash and wax the vehicle shortly after. The paint attracts everything after the application of the cleaner. Once washed and waxed it stay looking good as new. :thumbup:
nice tip but thats kitchen cleaner:wtf: how is the paintwork now still good?

There are some areas of the house like germy spots in your kitchen and bathroom where nothing less than the power of disinfecting bleach will do. Clorox® Clean-Up® Cleaner with Bleach is a spray cleaner that you can use throughout your kitchen and bathroom to quickly and effectively clean, disinfect, and deodorize. It removes tough stains, grease, and dirt, as well as the germs you can't see, and leaves your house sparkling clean.
Highlights

* Disinfects and kills 99.9% of common household bacteria in only 30 seconds*
* Kills viruses that cause colds and flu*
* Effective formula that removes tough stains, dirt, grease and grime

max........

Attachments

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
No wonder ya vans are rust buckets Cheep shakes. caustic soda and read the fine print
Ma van Gough don't rust
For a brighter white just bleach it right?
_images_blog_2008_11_truck.jpg
:tongue:R2R:tongue:

famof8

Famof8 + 1 = Famof9!
nice tip but thats kitchen cleaner:wtf: how is the paintwork now still good?

There are some areas of the house like germy spots in your kitchen and bathroom where nothing less than the power of disinfecting bleach will do. Clorox® Clean-Up® Cleaner with Bleach is a spray cleaner that you can use throughout your kitchen and bathroom to quickly and effectively clean, disinfect, and deodorize. It removes tough stains, grease, and dirt, as well as the germs you can't see, and leaves your house sparkling clean.
Highlights

* Disinfects and kills 99.9% of common household bacteria in only 30 seconds*
* Kills viruses that cause colds and flu*
* Effective formula that removes tough stains, dirt, grease and grime

max........
At least it would be germ free! :lol:

david_42

I have a white 2004 and there are a few chips (I have a 3000 ft gravel driveway), but I don't see any rust, except for the rear-door hinges.

Top Bottom