Heater Control bulb replacement

white whale

Thanks to the other posts on this, just did the fix. Torx + slot bits and plastic trim pry tool and bic stick pen.

1 . shift to drive with the help of the release hole and bic pen. Youtube has the right method
to find the sweet spot.

2 trim plate off

3. Espar plate needs to be popped up and screw removed - go in via the ashtray to push up.

red dots are all the other screw points. #4 is hidden behind the bezel.

green lines are where the latching clips are. green stars are the pry points I used to start the process.
There are two bezels , the one with the shifter and espar and one with the heater /ac unit.
The shifter one comes off first.
I did this in winter temps so I brought in a heater to get the plastic a bit warmer. You do use a fair bit of force to pry these up. On both bezels you pull down to remove. Surprising no broken tabs for me.

photo 2 - yellow dot is hidden screw. Arrows are for reminder to tuck the wire pack away from the white dial that holds the wires that open and close the ducts.

photo 3 - the 2 bulbs . Right side(heat control) is tricky to remove bulb after unscrewed. Left side (duct control) has open hole for slot driver to access

Attachments

Top Bottom