2010 313cdi - urgent help required please.

jason_app

Hi,
I have a 2010 Sprinter 313 cdi. Its my work van and i desperately need to get it sorted this weekend.

Symptoms:
Creaking noise while pulling off from stand still up to around 20 mph.
Then in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear up to around 40 mph im getting extreme shudder through the body and cab. Wing mirror shaking like mad, dash shaking and very bad drumming noise in cab.
Once past about 40 it settles alot and is driveable again.
The rear propshaft bearing is jumping about, shaking in the bracket.

Whatever is causing it has destroyed the rear propshaft bearing with all the jumping around causing the shudder/shaking.
I've replaced the bearing today with a genuine mercedes one but its still jumping and im still getting same symptoms, so the bearing was just a side effect of the real cause.

My thoughts are its either Dmf, half shafts or pinion causing the problem but neither end of the prop are jumping or shaking only the rear prop bearing.

Need to figure out the cause urgently. If anyone has any thoughts or ideas on how to test or pinpoint which it is I would be grateful.

Eric Experience

Jason.
What is the history. Did it just start or has it got progressively worse or have you done some work on it. It sounds like phasing of the drive shafts but that can not happen unless the shaft has been worked on. The other possibility is a broken engine mount. Another thing to look at is the U bolts on the rear axle, are they really tight. Eric.

Top Bottom