2016 3500 170ex dually best tire size

sprinter4x4fl

I'm looking to put on some new beefier rubber.

What are you guys running?
Looking for something more aggressive

It's a dually

Kauluwela

What is the stock wheel size?

255/85/16 in front. Convert it to a super single in the rear with a wider wheel and adjusted offset and run a 285/75/16 on the wider wheel.

Last edited:

Weir

I don't have much advice to offer you, but I'm also looking to upgrade tires on my 2015 3500 4x4 144" WB (dually). I need a good winter tire. I'd like a beefier looking (possibly larger) tire.

The stock tire size is 215/85/16.

Snow, slush and ice are my main issues, both on- and off-road. So it will be a winter tire with a fairly aggressive tread, but one that hopefully has decently high wear and low noise reputation. GY Duratrac, General Grabber A/T2, Toyo M-55 or WLT1 are possibilities I am considering.

I'm also interested in going to a taller tire. Wider would look good, but may not be the best for me as snow is my primary concern. My understanding is that wider tires = less traction in snow. As it stands, the dual rear wheels are probably a bit of a hindrance to me already for snow traction. Also, there might not be room to go much wider.

The Super Single idea is intriguing, but from what I've read this is not commonly done in North America. Might be problematic to source. And I'm not sure what kind of snow traction I could expect?

With regard to the larger tire size, I've been having trouble finding other people who have the same idea. Even the parts manager at the M-B dealership seems to be scratching his head as to what's doable. So if anyone has any advice that'd be hugely appreciated.

Kauluwela

Check out the Toyo M55. Seriously.

Size 255/85/16 would fit perfectly in the front and I believe would fit perfectly as a dually set up in the rear. Its a commercial grade tire made in japan and regularly run as a dually.

Tire has great winter traction and is a 50k tire. They're not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Suggest finding a dealer who sells these and have them mount them to see if they for as a dually setup in the rear with adequate clearance in size 255/85/16. If they dont, keep looking and maybe step down a size. I know for fact this will work in the front and will fit as a single on the rear.

Enjoy!

Top Bottom