Am i crazy?

andrewblanejr

I'm trying to buy a custom order sprinter with the left sliding door AS WELL as the right sliding door. The dealer is telling me I am crazy! He's really trying to convince me not to get it. My feeling is that i will use both sliding doors and that if i change my mind in the future, that i can just disable the mechanism and leave it closed at all times and build on that side. Any thoughts? Tell me I'm not crazy or that I am crazy.

totalsource

Andrew my experience is that if you have a reason for both doors and genuinely thought it through and you want it. Get it. Don't let anyone convince you otherwise. I have been in the same postion and was swayed from what I wanted and regretted it.

moondawg14

My experience is that it is quite useful on a minivan. Not useful on the Sprinter. The kids can get in and out with virtually no waiting.

Unless you're talking cargo.... especially depending on what you want to unload/load the flexibility is probably worth it.

DieselFumes

2015 4x4 2500 170 Crew
Cole on this forum has a T1N with dual sliders and loves it. Can't see why an NCV3 would be any different.

Dealers tend to lack imagination and aren't particularly motivated to do things out of the ordinary - probably worried that if you back out they'll have a difficult time moving the van from their lot.

It will give you more challenges if you're planning on building in cabinets, and you'll be letting much more of the outside in, but if you've thought it through, go for it!

NelsonSprinter

Former Nelson BC Sprinter
I'm trying to buy a custom order sprinter with the left sliding door AS WELL as the right sliding door. The dealer is telling me I am crazy! He's really trying to convince me not to get it. My feeling is that i will use both sliding doors and that if i change my mind in the future, that i can just disable the mechanism and leave it closed at all times and build on that side. Any thoughts? Tell me I'm not crazy or that I am crazy.

If a salesman is discouraging the purchase you want, run to the next nearest dealer and let them gain your business. Mercedes has the lowest customer service IMHO, let the worse ones lose your money.

D

Deleted member 50714

My rule thumb in life is, and I tell it to my wife everytime she asks if she should bring a jacket.

"It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

Grasshopper, You will relieve yourself of much displeasure, discomfort and unhappiness in life by following this immutable, universally applied nugget of truth.

Don't let Slick Willie talk you out of what you want. It's your van not his! I wish I had double sliders! Don't Blackhawk's and Huey's have doubles?

Oh, by the way, my psychiatrist told me, a person can't be crazy if they ask if their crazy. That's crazy!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 50714

If a salesman is discouraging the purchase you want, run to the next nearest dealer and let them gain your business. Mercedes has the lowest customer service IMHO, let the worse ones lose your money.
Excellent!

Skippy and Emu

No you are not crazy, but your Dealer probably is. The extra door is not cheap, so I would assume the Dealer would partake in a share of the extra price you will have to pay.
I have 2 sliding doors on my T1N. Apart from the high roof, and wheelchair lift, it was the main reason I bought it.
I love the access when shifting large amounts of stuff.
I have seen MWB conversions here in Australia where they have installed a shower toilet combo directly behind the Drivers seat, and in front of the extra door.
By opening the door, exterior access to the toilet cassette is available. Saves cutting a hole in the side wall !

avanti

2022 Ford Transit 3500
I have seen MWB conversions here in Australia where they have installed a shower toilet combo directly behind the Drivers seat, and in front of the extra door.
By opening the door, exterior access to the toilet cassette is available. Saves cutting a hole in the side wall !
That's intersting... One could imagine a little lightweight "shower pop-out". A few extra inches of elbow room when the door was open could make for a really nice shower/bath by B-van standards.

GreatNW

Here's mine. I'm in the TV business, so access to gear is important on both sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 50714

Cole on this forum has a T1N with dual sliders and loves it. Can't see why an NCV3 would be any different.

Dealers tend to lack imagination and aren't particularly motivated to do things out of the ordinary - probably worried that if you back out they'll have a difficult time moving the van from their lot.
Or, if you do backout, the salesmen will promote it to his next customer as the most popular and coveted, hard-to-find option available.

Top Bottom