Engine back in Steering moduale priblem???

bigstevex3

Ok had the engine out oil cooler leak replaced intakes. have the engine back in. filled with water. Not every thing hooked up some exhaust after cooler hoses sheet metal nothing I can see keep me from starting it for a quick test for leaks. Oh ya but the Eng. compartment battery was dead. Tested bad charger jump start pack ( that will start a7.3 ford stone dead). when you insert key the steering module cycles wont un lock. went ahead put in new batteries. same or worse. put charger on with new batteries dash light on module just cycles cant turn key!
We have 7 2008 3500 paritransit sprinters. had to replace one module. Any help greatly appreciated Thanks.
Priblem or Problem.

bigstevex3

Ok this almost embarrassingly stupid! I have it on a koni wheel lift 4 individual jacks the tires set in saddles you turn the front wheels and put front jacks at angles to miss the mirrors. Any way the steering was in too much of a bind let it all the way down turned the wheel a bit it works bled air runs fine no leak so far.

moondawg14

congrats on getting up and running again. Seems like these projects always require missing one little stupid thing before you can button it up and get running again!

Top Bottom