Alignment

tvennetti

I recently replaced front struts on my 2005 sprinter (410K) I am wondering if I need to have the alignment checked after doing this. I have had it aligned prior to replacing the struts about 50k miles ago.
Thanks

I recently replaced front struts on my 2005 sprinter (410K) I am wondering if I need to have the alignment checked after doing this. I have had it aligned prior to replacing the struts about 50k miles ago.
Thanks
I am not sure there is much that can be done on these for an alignment short of adjusting the tow. The rear axle can be shimmed to align the track but the fronts don't really have a nice easy way of adjusting....you could loosen the top nut and then try to position the strut to adjust camber or caster but as soon as you tightened the nut this would change. if your truck drives straight you should be fine. Tow will wear tires...camber and caster can result in a pull but rarely wear tires unless they are way out.

Sprinter SS

My 2012 struts are a 'groanin....
Anyone know if the mono leaf spring has to be compressed to install these?
Hard to believe these are bad with only 67k miles but I have checked the swaybar bushings and they are all good. Pulling out of a driveway the front end creaks and groans.

Hard to believe these are bad with only 67k miles but I have checked the swaybar bushings and they are all good. Pulling out of a driveway the front end creaks and groans.[/QU

the spring does not need to be compressed on a T1N van to install the struts. You could probably change it without removing the wheel even....as long as you have the corner jacked up. 4 bolts on the hub and one under the floor padding in the cab. Possibly the easiest suspension you will ever work on.

MillionMileSprinter

Millionmilesprinter.com
SprinterSS has an NCV3.

Hard to believe these are bad with only 67k miles but I have checked the swaybar bushings and they are all good. Pulling out of a driveway the front end creaks and groans.[/QU

the spring does not need to be compressed on a T1N van to install the struts. You could probably change it without removing the wheel even....as long as you have the corner jacked up. 4 bolts on the hub and one under the floor padding in the cab. Possibly the easiest suspension you will ever work on.

Top Bottom