05 to 03 engine/Trans compatibility

I am Phil

Hi.. New here!! To start off I'm not a super poster sometimes ill go silent for a few months or more depending on the project I'm working on. But either way I'm glad to be here! I have found a 2005 sprinter for under $3000 they say has a turbo issue I presumed to be the resonator. They are heavy truck shop and have no intentions of looking at it closely... It yard runs and drives. I'm not sure the miles they are rather hard people to deal with.... Hell I bought dt466e from them for $600!!! If it's not heavy duty they don't care about it. I was on craigslist looking for comparable prices on that year and I found a 2003 3500 engine Trans And various other parts. I can get everything for $200. The engine is toast.. scored cylinder or what not. 133k on it. Would the parts be compatible on these?? from what I've gathered online I believe so but....
Thanks in advance!
IAP

lindenengineering

Yes the trans will fit, but you may have to do an adaption for a smoother shift.
I did one yesterday in the reverse order-- 06 trans to 03 model.
They are all NAG 1s
Worked great
Dennis

I am Phil

Great!! What about injectors injection pump things like that? I read somewhere that pre-2003 does not have the resonator? How are the 05s in general??
IAP

I am Phil

Tragic... But for $200 I don't think I can lose. I think I'll go pick the engine transmission up even if I don't get the sprinter I can eBay the parts lol.
ZR

Top Bottom