Rear leaf springs & ARB

EEOORR

Rear leaf springs & ARB

I've been considering fitting 'full air suspension' (not air assist which retains the original leaf springs) to the rear of my 313 (year 2002) for some time, however no one seems to have a kit for this age vehicle :( First, does anyone know of a second hand kit (preferably in the UK)?

Now a question for someone familiar with the rear springs. Are the springs the same width and length pre 2006 and post 2006? What about the larger twin wheeled sprinters, are they a similar length? The reason I ask is that I know of a full air suspension kit for a 4 series sprinter and was wondering what mods I may have to make, to get it to fit. I assume the spring fixing centres (side to side) may be narrower on the twin wheeler, is that correct?

I haven't measured the diameter of the Anti Roll Bar (ARB or anti sway bar), are there different diameters available and how can I establish what's what please?

I don't have access to malefactors databases, though I highly suspect my questions won't be answered in such places.

Eric Experience

Marcel
The reason that is no good kit is because there is not enough space around the axle to fit an air bag system. I have just removed an ARB bag system from an 04 416, it was crap and the original springs back in are so much better. No I will not sell it because it is so bad. Eric

EEOORR

Thanks for your reply.

Could I trouble you to run a tape over a couple of places please if I do a sketch?

NORTON

When I fitted 2001 413 springs to my 2001 313 the only difference was that the 413 shackle bolt that went through the spring bush front and rear of the spring was a larger diameter so it may be of relevance to your modifications, also longer U bolts were to accommodate for the extra spring leaf. might be something to check for.

EEOORR

When I fitted 2001 413 springs to my 2001 313 the only difference was that the 413 shackle bolt that went through the spring bush front and rear of the spring was a larger diameter so it may be of relevance to your modifications, also longer U bolts were to accommodate for the extra spring leaf. might be something to check for.
Good info, thank you. Now the question is... are the spring lengths the same for pre and post 2006? Oh and the fixing width 'A'.

Last edited:

Top Bottom