2014 Sprinter 3500 seal beam adjustement

Ancote

I just bought a 3500 Camper and I would like to adjust the seal beam that are to low and the vision is poor on low beam.:thinking:
Some one can help to how to raise those xzenon beam please :hmmm:
Andre

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Your Sprinter is NOT a 2014 ... you probably meant to type "2004" ... you should edit the title if you can.

Meanwhile, download the Service Manual for the 2003 and 2006 (they both apply to your T1N) from: http://aie-services-2.net/Sprinter/

..that will probably help

You may also have the headlight-aiming adjustment dial on your dashboard, to the left of the steering wheel.
(see photo) ... setting it to Zero puts the lights at their highest aiming point.

LeftSideSwitch.jpg

--dick

Last edited:

Ancote

Yes my new one is a 2014, my old one was a 2006 with the wheel adjustement that I was very happy but the 2014 are with X zenon and the low beam are to low to drive securely.
Today I fined 2 exagon screw on inside back of the unit and I am praticalt sure it is the adjustement to raise the lower beam.
PS: I did not fine how to change the Icon photo to put the one of my new 2014 Leisure Travel Serenity

sailquik

Ancote,
Something is very wrong here........if you purchased a 2014 Sprinter with the Bi-Xenon headlights option you either are not turning the lights on fully or you are not pulling the switch knob out to put the close in wide range lights on.
I had a 2006 Sprinter 3500 with the headlight adjustment, but I'm absolutely astonished at how well I can see with the 2014 516 Series high top/short back 4325mm (170") Sprinter with the Bi-Xenon headlight package in comparison to the 2006.
Turning the switch (yes, Stew, index line on the switch is lighted so you can clearly see if you are on the fog lights or the full Bi Xenon headlamps) to the first click only turns on the lower fog/poor visibility lights.
Turning the switch fully to the right (Clockwise to the 2nd click) puts the long range low beam Bi Xenon lights on and you can see a long ways with that setting.
Pulling the switch knob OUT away from the dash turns the close in wide angle lights on. You can see way out to the sides, but not bother the oncoming drivers at this setting.
Flicking the high beams on, (depending on what traffic is heading your way in the other direction, it will put the low beams on first, then when you click it again you get the full high beams) you can see about 1/4 mile or more down the road.
You also have the option to put the lights on "Automatic" and you will get the full effect of the wide angle lights and the long range high beams only when there are no oncoming cars from the other direction or no tail lights with in 1/4 mile ahead of you.
It's a 4 position switch, with a pull out (2 stage) knob.
Vertical is off!
One click CCW (to the left) turns on the automatic lights....it will switch from high beams to low beams anytime the sensor
sees headlights or tail lights ahead of you within the programmed range.
As soon as the light source ahead of you goes away, the lights go back to full high beam.
Once click to the right of vertical (CW here) and you get the fog lights down low in the bumper for low visibility driving.
These are NOT your low beam Bi-Xenon head lights!!!
2 clicks in the CW direction turns on your low beam headlights in addition to the fog lights down low in the bumper.
The Bi-Xenon low beams don't give much visibility out to the sides of the front of the Sprinter, or close in to the front.
Pull the switch knob out away from the dashboard and you will have all the close in/wide angle light you could ever want.
Animals along the side of the road become visible long before you would have seen them (if you saw them at all) with your
2006 Sprinter RV with either high or low beams.
I also believe that your Bi-Xenon main headlights are self adjusting for varying loads in the back of your Sprinter.
I would strongly suggest NOT trying to adjust them.
Go stand in front of your Sprinter in the dark, and have someone run the switch through all it's positions rotationally, then
have them pull the switch out so the close in wide angle lights come on.
Once you see the full effect, I do not think you will want any adjustments!
I simply cannot believe that you don't find the Bi-Xenon lights option spectacular.
Or, you need to visit a dealer and have them check it out.
Do not pull the knob out to the 2nd click as this turns the Left hand tail light to bright (like the Euro parking lights).
I can absolutely assure you that if you are turning your Bi-Xenon lights on correctly, you will be able to see at least 2x better and possibly 2x further than you ever did with your T1N headlights. So much farther down the road, and so much wider range of vision to the sides.
Hope this helps,
Roger

Last edited:

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Why i was confused:
(a) you posted in the T1N area (see top of thread "tree")
(b) your icon photo is a T1N

Given those two hints, i assumed your "2014" was a typo
(especially since it's obviously a warranty item)

--dick

Ancote

Ancote,
Something is very wrong here........if you purchased a 2014 Sprinter with the Bi-Xenon headlights option you either are not turning the lights on fully or you are not pulling the switch knob out to put the close in wide range lights on.
I had a 2006 Sprinter 3500 with the headlight adjustment, but I'm absolutely astonished at how well I can see with the 2014 516 Series high top/short back 4325mm (170") Sprinter with the Bi-Xenon headlight package in comparison to the 2006.
Turning the switch (yes, Stew, index line on the switch is lighted so you can clearly see if you are on the fog lights or the full Bi Xenon headlamps) to the first click only turns on the lower fog/poor visibility lights.
Turning the switch fully to the right (Clockwise to the 2nd click) puts the long range low beam Bi Xenon lights on and you can see a long ways with that setting.
Pulling the switch knob OUT away from the dash turns the close in wide angle lights on. You can see way out to the sides, but not bother the oncoming drivers at this setting.
Flicking the high beams on, (depending on what traffic is heading your way in the other direction, it will put the low beams on first, then when you click it again you get the full high beams) you can see about 1/4 mile or more down the road.
You also have the option to put the lights on "Automatic" and you will get the full effect of the wide angle lights and the long range high beams only when there are no oncoming cars from the other direction or no tail lights with in 1/4 mile ahead of you.
It's a 4 position switch, with a pull out (2 stage) knob.
Vertical is off!
One click CCW (to the left) turns on the automatic lights....it will switch from high beams to low beams anytime the sensor
sees headlights or tail lights ahead of you within the programmed range.
As soon as the light source ahead of you goes away, the lights go back to full high beam.
Once click to the right of vertical (CW here) and you get the fog lights down low in the bumper for low visibility driving.
These are NOT your low beam Bi-Xenon head lights!!!
2 clicks in the CW direction turns on your low beam headlights in addition to the fog lights down low in the bumper.
The Bi-Xenon low beams don't give much visibility out to the sides of the front of the Sprinter, or close in to the front.
Pull the switch knob out away from the dashboard and you will have all the close in/wide angle light you could ever want.
Animals along the side of the road become visible long before you would have seen them (if you saw them at all) with your
2006 Sprinter RV with either high or low beams.
I also believe that your Bi-Xenon main headlights are self adjusting for varying loads in the back of your Sprinter.
I would strongly suggest NOT trying to adjust them.
Go stand in front of your Sprinter in the dark, and have someone run the switch through all it's positions rotationally, then
have them pull the switch out so the close in wide angle lights come on.
Once you see the full effect, I do not think you will want any adjustments!
I simply cannot believe that you don't find the Bi-Xenon lights option spectacular.
Or, you need to visit a dealer and have them check it out.
Do not pull the knob out to the 2nd click as this turns the Left hand tail light to bright (like the Euro parking lights).
I can absolutely assure you that if you are turning your Bi-Xenon lights on correctly, you will be able to see at least 2x better and possibly 2x further than you ever did with your T1N headlights. So much farther down the road, and so much wider range of vision to the sides.
Hope this helps,
Roger
Yes it help but before I read your very good anwser, I did adjust them up a bit and now it is super bright.
The back of the truck quite hyer at the back compare to my friend one, I did drive his that was strait and it was super bright not like mine.
So now I am happy and no one flash me to put lower beam.
Thanks Roger for your clearely explanation, there is a lot to learn with this super Leisure Serenity

Andre from Quebec,Canada :thumbup:

sailquik

Andre,
Very nice rig!
I would take a guess that the headlights were set at the factory when the cab/chassis was built in Ludwigsfelde, Germany.
Somehow when they added the Serenity RV body (lots of weight, well behind the rear axle) I'll bet that the Serenity RV body
installer did not re adjust the headlights after the RV body was installed.
Sorry if I came on a little strong, I didn't realize it was a cab/chassis converted to an RV.
Roger

Top Bottom