Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > NCV3 Sprinters > NCV3 Talk

NCV3 Talk General Discussions related to NCV3 Sprinters.

Old 03-23-2014, 09:56 PM   #1
cvo

Default Ordering 2014 questions

Hows the 4 cylinder compared to the V6

They no longer offer the Premium Package with CC, comfort seat and electric mirrors

What package is Bluetooth in

Is the Premium Metallic same as the car quality

Last edited by cvo; 03-23-2014 at 10:03 PM.
cvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:36 PM   #2
boardster

Default Re: Ordering 2014 questions

My Brilliant Silver Metallic '08 started rusting in just three short years . By the time it was five years old it became obvious to anyone. My guess is it might be a touch better than Arctic White at resisting corrosion, but not much.

Last edited by boardster; 03-24-2014 at 02:10 AM.
boardster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:59 AM   #3
cvo

I have and 2011 Artic white now with no rust, but the paint finish is lacking.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:06 AM   #4
Daybreak Express

You can download as a .pdf file the complete, official MB 2014 equipment handbook at http://daimlervansupfitterportal.com...ook-my2014.pdf. It lists the packages with code numbers, then the individual options with code numbers, followed by detailed descriptions of each package (broken down by which coded options it includes), followed by descriptions of each option. It takes some study, but is well worth the effort; the option ordering setup for these vans is pretty complex. This handbook, coupled with the "build your sprinter" feature on the official MB Sprinter website, http://www.mbsprinterusa.com, was a big help to me in ordering my 2014 short/tall Crew model. On the Sprinter site, you pick out the model van (cargo, crew, passenger), select wheelbase (144 or 170) and regular or high roof, and hit "build and equip." If you then click on the "packages" button, you will see the available packages along with what comes with them. If you click on the "options and accessories," same thing; (check out the menu bar at the top; "interior," "exterior," "comfort," etc.) plus, it will tell you if by choosing a particular option it automatically includes (or prohibits) another option. I.e. if you select (on a passenger van) "Heater, auxiliary, warm water with timer, 10 kW" it informs you that by selecting this option, you are also ordering the rear heater-and you will pay for both. There is a button for "appearance" options;" if you select that, you have your color options. Click on a color, and the photos of the van become the color you just selected. There's also a button for powertrain options. Using these features on the website, plus downloading the equipment handbook, can be a really big help. So is this forum-use it freely!
Daybreak Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:38 AM   #5
Seattle10
'14 Pass 4cyl highroof

Bluetooth is standard. Make sure it says "audio 15" on the order sheet.

CC and that other stuff is available separately still.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:43 AM   #6
JJolls
'14 170 4cyl Crew

CVO - To add to Daybreak's suggestions, take a look at the "2014 M-B Sprinter Order Guide" that is available on the "Sprinter Guy" website - top left hand corner of his home page. It lists the 3 types of vans: Cargo, Crew, Passenger. Within each of these is listed the following: Standard Equipment, Optional Equipment, Custom Packages, Specialized Packages.

By consulting and comparing these lists, you will find what is available for each of the van types. It can get tricky and complicated... let's say you want tinted glass in front of the cargo area (i.e. sliding door area). In a Cargo van, this is 3 optional items... fixed windows, front left and right + black tinted windows. In a Crew Van, these items are Standard equipment.

I consulted this Order Guide along with the "U-build it" portion of the M-B website and the 300 page Equipment Handbook to get the full picture. The "Order Guide" was very helpful to me to keep all this information organized. It can get confusing and time-consuming to wade through all this.

For my needs, I found that the Crew van was cheaper, since more of the stuff I wanted came as standard. These items would have been options on the Cargo. Your needs will be different.

If you want a clear coat on the paint, you must order metallic color. Have fun with it all!

JJ
JJolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:28 PM   #7
boardster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJolls View Post

For my needs, I found that the Crew van was cheaper, since more of the stuff I wanted came as standard. These items would have been options on the Cargo.

JJ
And the Crew van is shipped whole from Europe to North America just like the Passenger van is avoiding possible glitches due to break-down and re-assembly.
boardster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:45 PM   #8
cvo

The Sprinter rep is telling me, that they show more bundling of options at the dealer compared to online.

I shall see.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:59 PM   #9
dynaco1

Suggest you ask your salesman if he has experience in ordering fleet options. He may not have access to these packages.
dynaco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:43 PM   #10
detroitdevo

Dave "The Sprinter Guy" at the Georgetown MB Dealership outside Austin has been a huge resource for me. I have ordered two a 2012 and now a new 2014 and he's been very helpful in finding out what options are available.
detroitdevo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to detroitdevo For This Useful Post:
K-9 SPRINTER (03-27-2014)