Actual length of cargo area

E

ElectriCon

Does anyone know the length down the center of the cargo area of a 144" WB Sprinter with the factory partition installed?

I'm pretty sure it's over 10'. I have a ladder that is 10'6" and I was wondering if it would be able to fit down the center.

Thanks.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
I have the factory partition. When I took the picture, the tape was touching the partition. I couldn't hold the tape to show where it ends, and take the picture... the housing of the tape measure would have fallen.

Near the Rear Doors.JPG

I think you have just barely under eleven feet of floor space from the door to the partition.

-Jon

E

ElectriCon

First, thank you very much for taking the time to measure it and take pics.

So with the rear door closed, there is almost 11 foot of length... That is great. That means I could get a partition that is set back 3" for more cab comfort and still fit my ladder down the center.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
You're welcome. Um, I'm about 5' 7" or 8" and around 145 lbs right now. The factory partition is pretty heavy-duty metal.

The factory lining is nice and it keeps me really warm no matter how cold the weather.

Unless you really need the space, I strongly recommend keeping it because every partition I've seen leaks heat - or cooling AC into the cargo bay.

-Jon

Top Bottom